BANGKOK
khastan

Life Certificate

It would seem its Life Certificate time again fellow brits. Not even Covid 19 can stop them coming. I received my form this morning dated the 8th of July so it has taken nearly a month to arrive here. My friend received his this morning also. Does anybody know were I can get this witnessed in Nong Khai please.

I received my form this morning dated the 8th of July so it has taken nearly a month to arrive here.

Shouldn't that be nearly two months to arrive here?

Sorry I should have said 8th August. 

29 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I fill them in myself, they only want to know you are not dead

Yes its not enough you go there your self! Need to have paper that show you have heart beat!

images.png.9caf7d4f5abb393b24b2f26d58f4f35c.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, khastan said:

Does anybody know were I can get this witnessed in Nong Khai please.

The letter tells you who can sign do not have to have a business stamp, just ID info,  a doctor or a Govt Thai Teacher have witness signed for me.

I send it back by asking Thai post Office to send medium post its much like recorded delivery UK, arrives in UK usually 10 - 15 days in my experience. 

I used Bangkok Bank last time and there was no problem

• Like 1

There is, in fact, another ongoing thread on the current Life Certificate exercise:-

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1179197-life-certificates-re-uk-state-pensions

It is my understanding that the 16-week clock has, in our case, been ticking since 3 August, meaning that, by my reckoning, the IPC deadline is due to expire on 23 November. However, I have, at their suggestion, managed to "clear" the latest certificate by cailing them and successfully answering a few security questions. Even so, they still consider it absolutely desperately essentially vital for them to have some suitable paper in their grubby little mits by the bewitching hour, so much good that particular phone call did, then!

In my case I'm still awaiting for IPC's latest missive to land in my mailbox 1 month on. For the benefit of those who aren't yet sure whether they're also being targeted and don't want to run the risk of having their State Pensions stopped by the IPC from 00:00:01 GMT (07:00:01 ICT) sharp on 24 November, I've attached a blank Life Certificate form.

ipc698-3-4.pdf

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

Every police station has a 1 stop desk. Just go in and they will sign/stamp it for you.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 8:26 PM, lelapin said:

I used Bangkok Bank last time and there was no problem

Where was that. I'm going BB in Banglamung tomorrow to get mine done, but would my local branch do it I wonder?

Tried Bangkok Bank and computer said no! They said not the banks policy to help people this way. I argued I have had an account with them for 13 years but she would not budge. She even rang the helpline and they told me the exact same thing. 

41 minutes ago, khastan said:

Tried Bangkok Bank and computer said no! They said not the banks policy to help people this way. I argued I have had an account with them for 13 years but she would not budge. She even rang the helpline and they told me the exact same thing. 

I did mine In Bangkok Bank, Pattaya. Bang la Mung branch last week. They deal, or used to, deal with many farangs and said they have provided this service and were not aware of any problems. They would not enter anything on the Life Certificate form but gave me a letter confirming my account and British passport number. With my signature on the letter proving I was there in person it should be acceptable, I hope. I sent it to British Pensions with a covering letter explaining. I hope it works. If it doesn't, I hope they inform me before stopping my meager pension.

3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I did mine In Bangkok Bank, Pattaya. Bang la Mung branch last week. They deal, or used to, deal with many farangs and said they have provided this service and were not aware of any problems. They would not enter anything on the Life Certificate form but gave me a letter confirming my account and British passport number. With my signature on the letter proving I was there in person it should be acceptable, I hope. I sent it to British Pensions with a covering letter explaining. I hope it works. If it doesn't, I hope they inform me before stopping my meager pension.

They never offered me that option. It was just a flat no go away stop bothering us. . Nong Khai unlike Pattaya has very few foreigners and even less that have bank accounts so that could be why the Bank helped you in this way. With regard to your question of acceptance or not. My very first Life Certificate was witnessed by my late neighbor who was a Captain in the Australian air force. They rejected it because it had no stamp. I only found out when they stopped my pension. I did receive an apology months later though telling me that a stamp is not strictly necessary, whatever that means. When I do find somebody to witness it then it will be sent by registered post. I will then track it to Wolverhampton and will email them telling them they have now received it there and asking them to confirm by email they have received it and my account has been updated. 

Edited by khastan
added text
  • Like 1

Yesterday I received a reply to my email to DWP saying my bank letter from Bangkok Bank will be accepted signed and stamped.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:17 AM, Gandtee said:

Yesterday I received a reply to my email to DWP saying my bank letter from Bangkok Bank will be accepted signed and stamped.

Which email address dis you use?