Life Certificate

It would seem its Life Certificate time again fellow brits. Not even Covid 19 can stop them coming. I received my form this morning dated the 8th of July so it has taken nearly a month to arrive here. My friend received his this morning also. Does anybody know were I can get this witnessed in Nong Khai please.

48 minutes ago, khastan said:

Does anybody know were I can get this witnessed in Nong Khai please.

The letter tells you who can sign do not have to have a business stamp, just ID info,  a doctor or a Govt Thai Teacher have witness signed for me.

I send it back by asking Thai post Office to send medium post its much like recorded delivery UK, arrives in UK usually 10 - 15 days in my experience. 

There is, in fact, another ongoing thread on the current Life Certificate exercise:-

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1179197-life-certificates-re-uk-state-pensions

It is my understanding that the 16-week clock has, in our case, been ticking since 3 August, meaning that, by my reckoning, the IPC deadline is due to expire on 23 November. However, I have, at their suggestion, managed to "clear" the latest certificate by cailing them and successfully answering a few security questions. Even so, they still consider it absolutely desperately essentially vital for them to have some suitable paper in their grubby little mits by the bewitching hour, so much good that particular phone call did, then!

In my case I'm still awaiting for IPC's latest missive to land in my mailbox 1 month on. For the benefit of those who aren't yet sure whether they're also being targeted and don't want to run the risk of having their State Pensions stopped by the IPC from 00:00:01 GMT (07:00:01 ICT) sharp on 24 November, I've attached a blank Life Certificate form.

ipc698-3-4.pdf

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, khastan said:

Tried Bangkok Bank and computer said no! They said not the banks policy to help people this way. I argued I have had an account with them for 13 years but she would not budge. She even rang the helpline and they told me the exact same thing. 

I did mine In Bangkok Bank, Pattaya. Bang la Mung branch last week. They deal, or used to, deal with many farangs and said they have provided this service and were not aware of any problems. They would not enter anything on the Life Certificate form but gave me a letter confirming my account and British passport number. With my signature on the letter proving I was there in person it should be acceptable, I hope. I sent it to British Pensions with a covering letter explaining. I hope it works. If it doesn't, I hope they inform me before stopping my meager pension.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I did mine In Bangkok Bank, Pattaya. Bang la Mung branch last week. They deal, or used to, deal with many farangs and said they have provided this service and were not aware of any problems. They would not enter anything on the Life Certificate form but gave me a letter confirming my account and British passport number. With my signature on the letter proving I was there in person it should be acceptable, I hope. I sent it to British Pensions with a covering letter explaining. I hope it works. If it doesn't, I hope they inform me before stopping my meager pension.

They never offered me that option. It was just a flat no go away stop bothering us. . Nong Khai unlike Pattaya has very few foreigners and even less that have bank accounts so that could be why the Bank helped you in this way. With regard to your question of acceptance or not. My very first Life Certificate was witnessed by my late neighbor who was a Captain in the Australian air force. They rejected it because it had no stamp. I only found out when they stopped my pension. I did receive an apology months later though telling me that a stamp is not strictly necessary, whatever that means. When I do find somebody to witness it then it will be sent by registered post. I will then track it to Wolverhampton and will email them telling them they have now received it there and asking them to confirm by email they have received it and my account has been updated. 

Edited by khastan
added text
  • Like 2

Have at last got my certificate signed and posted. Local private hospital did it. They insisted on giving me a medical though! I have sent this to the IPC.

"On the 16/09/2020 after spending days trying to get somebody to witness the life certificate that you choose to send in the middle of a global pandemic I managed to find someone and got it duly witnessed and signed. It was sent by registered post on the 16/09/2020 at 14.30 am under tracking number RO. I have had problems in the past when you have said you have not received my certificate so can you please inform me by email when you have received this certificate and updated my account accordingly. I have to question just how wise a decision it is to send such certificates by snail mail, which took nearly a month to arrive in the middle of a global pandemic given the postal problems and the need to self-isolate has much has possible. Particularly for the vulnerable elderly who then has to find somebody qualified to witness it potentially exposing themselves to a deadly virus."

Edited by khastan
4 hours ago, khastan said:

Have at last got my certificate signed and posted. Local private hospital did it. They insisted on giving me a medical though! I have sent this to the IPC.

"On the 16/09/2020 after spending days trying to get somebody to witness the life certificate that you choose to send in the middle of a global pandemic I managed to find someone and got it duly witnessed and signed. It was sent by registered post on the 16/09/2020 at 14.30 am under tracking number RO. I have had problems in the past when you have said you have not received my certificate so can you please inform me by email when you have received this certificate and updated my account accordingly. I have to question just how wise a decision it is to send such certificates by snail mail, which took nearly a month to arrive in the middle of a global pandemic given the postal problems and the need to self-isolate has much has possible. Particularly for the vulnerable elderly who then has to find somebody qualified to witness it potentially exposing themselves to a deadly virus."

If and when you get another one. You can do it at any police station for Free. Just go to their one stop service desk and they will do it. My one took around 2 Min: for them to do. They didn't want any proof of identity. Had passport D/L but they just said not want. Makes the whole thing a bit of a joke but there you go.  

21 hours ago, khastan said:

can you please inform me by email when you have received this certificate and updated my account accordingly.

Unfortunately I see zilch chance of this happening (much that IMHO it should). The IPC would no doubt bleat on about the enormous effort which doing this for everyone would cause them, particularly at a time when their staffing resources were being stretched on account of the coronavirus pandemic.

On the other hand you can, I am sure, be supremely confident that they will still be able to accord the very highest of tip-top priorities to stopping pensions with zeal and gusto from 00.00.01 GMT (07:00:01 ICT) sharp on 24 November in the case of those for whom satisfactorily-witnessed life certificates have not been received by then (assuming that the clock started ticking on 3 August when our certificates were supposedly issued, the 16-week deadine is due, by my reckoning, to expire on 23 November).????

Edited by OJAS
5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Unfortunately I see zilch chance of this happening (much that IMHO it should). The IPC would no doubt bleat on about the enormous effort which doing this for everyone would cause them, particularly at a time when their staffing resources were being stretched on account of the coronavirus pandemic.

On the other hand you can, I am sure, be supremely confident that they will still be able to accord the very highest of tip-top priorities to stopping pensions with zeal and gusto from 00.00.01 GMT (07:00:01 ICT) sharp on 24 November in the case of those for whom satisfactorily-witnessed life certificates have not been received by then (assuming that the clock started ticking on 3 August when our certificates were supposedly issued, the 16-week deadine is due, by my reckoning, to expire on 23 November).????

I will track this letter to Wolverhampton. Once it is there I will then email them again informing them it has been received at their Wolverhampton Mail Center. I will then tell them that they have now received my Life Certificate and to update my account accordingly and to email to confirm when they have done so. 

I could not agree more with your second paragraph. Like you say they will be throwing all their resources at stopping peoples pensions when the deadline expires.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, fredob43 said:

If and when you get another one. You can do it at any police station for Free. Just go to their one stop service desk and they will do it. My one took around 2 Min: for them to do. They didn't want any proof of identity. Had passport D/L but they just said not want. Makes the whole thing a bit of a joke but there you go.  

Many thanks for that useful information.

On 9/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, fredob43 said:

Every police station has a 1 stop desk. Just go in and they will sign/stamp it for you.

My police station doesn't want to do it ; you live in a touristic place or big city ? 

I live up country, no farangs here, they seem afraid to take responsability to sign, don't know why

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

My police station doesn't want to do it ; you live in a touristic place or big city ? 

I live up country, no farangs here, they seem afraid to take responsability to sign, don't know why

No I live in K.P.Phet they call it a city, but it's only a small town as we know it. You can drive through it in less than 10 min: and that's in the rush??? hour. 2 Min: if your on the 1/32 AR.

Try another P/Station you don't have to show where you live.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

Maybe you could explain in what way does that help. 

my state pension department has a web page,

if i google life certificate, it comes right to the login page,

i use my e-verification code (Bank ID) and log in,

and scroll until i find life certificate,

then i write down my details and sign with the bank ID app.

done.

...profit

On 9/14/2020 at 1:07 PM, khastan said:

Tried Bangkok Bank and computer said no! They said not the banks policy to help people this way. I argued I have had an account with them for 13 years but she would not budge. She even rang the helpline and they told me the exact same thing. 

Some of these Thai banks are so blxxdy minded when they can't even witness a form for their own customers. I'm with the SCB and I got my certificate witnessed at Bluport SCB which isn't even my branch. Suggest you change banks!