Spine surgery

Jaggg88

I have a herniated disc in my lumbar region and I need microdiscectomy surgery (sometimes called microdecompression). This isn't a complicated or long procedure so I'm sure there will be a number of surgeons in Bangkok competent enough to carry out this operation. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for this surgery?

I 2nd the recommendation of Dr. Wicharn.  He is US board certified (residency at Colombia Presbyterian in NYC) and is an excellent communicator in English.  My issue was not spine related but I was impressed with his willingness to thoroughly discus issues and answer questions.

If you decide to try his Saturday hours at Bangkok Christian, first confirm a day or so in advance that he will be there as sometimes he is not.  BCH is walk-in so get there early and bring a book (and your passport), he is in a lot of demand.   

Edited by dddave
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2020 at 11:53 AM, Swimfan said:

Have you tried physical therapy. i had a large disk herniation last year was extremely painfull and had terrible weakness in my legs. i managed to correct it 100% with specialized physical therapy and massage. 

I had 3 vertebrae L5, 4 and 3 fused in an operation 25 years ago and this has put pressure on the vertebrae above and below due to lack of flexibility. I'm afraid the prolapsed disc between L3 and L2 will not respond to physio but thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello - I have Isthmic spondylolisthesis L3/L4 - saw a doctor overseas, did MRI.etc and have tried conservative methods but 4 months later it’s only got worse. I would like to go ahead with the lumbar spinal fusion surgery. Who’s the best surgeons in Thailand for this? I’m now based in Bangkok and have private insurance so cost is not an issue.

Thank you