BANGKOK
webfact

Two western tourists to be deported for catching protected marine species

On 9/5/2020 at 4:21 PM, MRToMRT said:

Have to admit you got me there. I should have worded it more carefully 😀

My view, considering their history and status on the island (1 business, wife and kids 2) head chef (not just a cook) I think we will find their visas are real (not tourist) and in order. No where in any of the reportage (best is on the enquirer btw) does it says they have broken visa rules.

Your comments should be correct. Foolish for anyone to have a business whilst on a tourist visa. But, it does happen.

Coconuts said the same thing on 3/9 but are they just repeating other stories?

'In addition to harassing the deep dwellers, Francesco Simonetti and Attila Ott had violated the terms of their tourist visas and would not be allowed to return, according to bureau spokesman Col. Pakapong Saiubon'

On 9/4/2020 at 10:45 AM, Oldie said:

This makes sense since endless tourist gave them food so that they could take photos with many pigeons sitting on them. But there are still plenty of tourists that don't care or perhaps don't know. And all these well fed pigeons with their offsprings cause a lot of damage to buildings. 

Pigeons sitting on them.

Spell check the second word.

😆

• Haha 1

What's the normal penalty for 'fish bothering' assuming you have your visa in order?

• Like 1

Never been a fan of swimming in the sea to look at fish or whatever.

Fish in batter with chips is my extent of liking the sea.

I believe that the foamy line where the waves break on the land is the civilsation line. Beyond that point you enter an alien world and actually make yourself part of the food chain, and, not anywhere near the top of that food chain.

• Like 1