Pension Life Certificates

theoldgit

21 hours ago, Henryford said:

I don't think these forms are "random". I have just received my 3rd form in 2 years and i have only been retired for 2 years. I work on the basis that i will get one at least every year and send one back whether they ask or not. They are clearly out to get any pensioner who dares to live abroad.

No, they are out to get every pensionier who DIES abroad.   PML  555

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

The email address that I have used is [email protected]

However, that is changing:-

Thank you for your email.

DWP email addresses are changing and @dwp.gsi.gov.uk email addresses will soon cease to exist.

All future emails should be addressed @dwp.gov.uk. Please update any records you have.

If your email was sent to a valid email address, it has been redirected, so you do not need to send it again.

For further information refer to : https://www.gov.uk/government/news/goodbye-gsi-dwp-email-addresses-are-changing

Which means that it will take even longer to process as your form will go to an email address together with all millions more going to .gov.uk, instead of being filtered to .gsi.gov.uk. Rock on Boris!

Ooooh sorry Boris, they changed in 2019, was that Theresa?

Edited by stouricks

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

I have never had one and I’m coming up to my 7O th year and I’ve been living at the same address since collecting my pension . I have the HMRC app on my iPad so they always keep me up to date regarding tax changes or if I have underpaid any taxes for that year . I think since retiring from the military nearly 30 years ago of which I get a pension I was only contacted once .My OAP is frozen as I have told them where I live and not given then some fictitious address in the U.K. Now that I am aware of this Life Certificate I will give them a call next week. I do receive each year hard copies of my P60s which arrive end of May. It would be interesting to know if any pensioner has ever had their pension stopped for not returning the life certificate it seems to me to be an utter waste of taxpayers money spending £1,000s chasing pensioners to check if they are alive .

I have had my OAP stopped twice because they did not receive a completed Life Certificate. The reason ? i did not even receive their letter. I first i knew was when my pension stopped. And that was within 18 months of retiring at 65.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WildBillHiccup said:

Posted mine yesterday.

Was told that because of the virus it is taking 4 - 6 weeks. 

Posted mine last Wednesday and it departed 'Swampy' mail centre the very next day. I think your post office is handing out 'old news'. ????

16 hours ago, izod10 said:

For whom exactly?..the frozen one, obviously   And your definition of "fraud" if you could define it  Thank You

Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain. I think that about covers it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Farang99 said:

I saw no option to scan and email in the documents I received, and there is no email address given.

I scan the documents for myself.

If I send the original off and it gets lost along the way I then have a copy that I can print out and resend without waiting a month for another document and then go through the whole proceedure again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

No, they are out to get every pensionier who DIES abroad.   PML  555

When I die my state pension dies with me and I have explained that to my wife several times.

quote from your post "No, they are out to get every pensionier who DIES abroad.   PML  555".

I know it is a silly thought but if I die whilst living abroad how can the DWP "get" me. There is no me to get unless my wife sends my ashes to them.

18 hours ago, Surasak said:

If one does as you suggest, by not informing the DWP you live abroad, you must by definition, be committing an act of fraud. I think we all know it is done by some, but if found out, it could be very expensive.

Post a link to any news story reporting one guilty person, and the 'very expensive' consequences.

You can't because it isn't fraud, and it's never happened. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain. I think that about covers it?

For starters what you suggest is not "wrongful"   suggest perusal over DWP website to ascertain,...personnel gain? Criminal?   nah!  wrong tree sunshine  look up DWP website   Case of Ive got it,and you ain't.

covers what exactly?its you ,you yourself being penalised

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, billd766 said:

When I die my state pension dies with me and I have explained that to my wife several times.

quote from your post "No, they are out to get every pensionier who DIES abroad.   PML  555".

I know it is a silly thought but if I die whilst living abroad how can the DWP "get" me. There is no me to get unless my wife sends my ashes to them.

Sorry, I did put PML and 555 to indicate that I was NOT being serious.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, izod10 said:

For starters what you suggest is not "wrongful"   suggest perusal over DWP website to ascertain,...personnel gain? Criminal?   nah!  wrong tree sunshine  look up DWP website   Case of Ive got it,and you ain't.

covers what exactly?its you ,you yourself being penalised

Life cert explains, if you tell porkies you could face "civil or criminal proceedings". But you keep saying it never happens, well if it doesn't, or the process isn't started, why put it on the form..?

Scan.jpg.0a884df00a981e3442592ce794f48c6f.jpg

2 minutes ago, transam said:

We don't all read The Sun...........????

I and a few others, including staff, know folk who have been caught fiddling the pension, yet a few here call us liars, which I find offensive. These same people have not shown any evidence that the UK Gov does NOT take any action, nothing.

These people are obviously on the fiddle, it's what they do, and I am sure most of us don't care, but to convince members here to go on the fiddle, just because they are, really is low.

An old saying, once a thief, always a thief.....???? 

Ah!   again,knowing and I mean acquiring knowledge appertaining to DWP laws,which you personally have none as advertised here with this posting,you will appreciate that not knowing is no defence to being accused of ignorance...again I have knowledge..you do not

Please instead of ignorance post something of relevance to balance what I consider your pure ignorance as to your ignoramus statements

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Life cert explains, if you tell porkies you could face "civil or criminal proceedings". But you keep saying it never happens, well if it doesn't, or the process isn't started, why put it on the form..?

Scan.jpg.0a884df00a981e3442592ce794f48c6f.jpg

but but but as stated,in this thread and others there are no "civil or criminal" proceeding that can be undertaken against an OAP,it say so...DWP website  acquire useful knowledge (if you can read)

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Ah!   again,knowing and I mean acquiring knowledge appertaining to DWP laws,which you personally have none as advertised here with this posting,you will appreciate that not knowing is no defence to being accused of ignorance...again I have knowledge..you do not

Please instead of ignorance post something of relevance to balance what I consider your pure ignorance as to your ignoramus statements

Ignorance, a rather stupid word to use when I know folk who have been caught fiddling.

Now if you worked for DWP then say so, tell all, but even if you did/do it does not explain why folk I know paid back cash..

Provide YOUR proof, instead of calling folk liars and ignorant...Go for it.....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

We don't all read The Sun...........????

These people are obviously on the fiddle, it's what they do, and I am sure most of us don't care, but to convince members here to go on the fiddle, just because they are, really is low.

An old saying, once a thief, always a thief.....???? 

I would say ,this by far is an old chestnut of yours,to encourage people to join the frozen pit crew,through no good reason is terrible  ...a point of jealousy I feel,..no punishment,no pack drill.,  states DWP website-The pension is covered by laws which imply  "no action"" no fraud"  If you could indeed point me in a direction that indeed agrees with your statements,it would be appreciative  indeed it would  lol

And I may add again as a high ranking ex uniformed public servant,with a fantastic pension I should take serious offence ,but as ignorance is apparent..perhaps another "letter"  LOL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Ignorance, a rather stupid word to use when I know folk who have been caught fiddling.

Now if you worked for DWP then say so, tell all, but even if you did/do it does not explain why folk I know paid back cash..

Provide YOUR proof, instead of calling folk liars and ignorant...Go for it.....????

You know people who have paid cash whilst "fiddling"  you admit to it it    One was doolally,the other doolally as the other,third one fell off a step ladder,brain injury    But you previously admitted these were not pensioners  but mentally ill on sickness benefits  lol   Is this not so ?

22 hours ago, Tony M said:

I have just received my Life Certificate letter, posted from Spring Global Mail, UK, via Laksi Post Office, Bangkok. It is the second one I have received in 10 years in Thailand.

There must be an easier way of doing this. I do a self-assessment tax return every year. Why can't "joined-up" government recognise that if I am paying tax, and sending HMRC a tax return each year, it is more likely than not that I am still breathing.

Yes, it's called email, which DWP hasn't installed yet. I've had 2 letters in 7 years and both took 12 weeks to arrive and asked for a reply within 8 weeks!.

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Again the subject of will they or won't they prosecute, the only thing I'd say is they might not have done thus far, but that doesn't mean they won't at some point in the future...

This article might be of interest https://www.iexpats.com/cheating-expats-try-fiddle-pension-claims/

One in 20 British expat pensioners are fiddling their state pensions by claiming inflation-linked rises to which they are not entitled, according to the government.

The British pensioners claim the annual pension increase and the £200 winter fuel allowance by telling the Department of Work and Pensions they live in the UK when they really live overseas.

By giving a friend or relative’s address in the UK as their home, expat pensioners can claim the same benefits as a pensioner who genuinely lives in Britain.

One expat pensioner who has lived for years in tropical Pattaya in Thailand was recently hauled before the courts after his scam was discovered when his mother died in Britain.

Crackdown on fraudsters

The expat, who only gives his name as Stan to avoid more official attention, says he is also facing criminal action for tax evasion.

“It looks like my income from UK will be cut by over a half for several years because of the accumulated fines,” he told a reporter in Thailand.

To combat the fraudsters, HM Revenue & Customs is checking how expats suspected of scamming the state pensions spend on credit and bank cards to detect regular overseas transactions.

Passports due for renewal are also scrutinised for long-term visa stamps. Expats must send a copy of each page of their passport to the authorities before a new one is issued.

Again,there are three allowances/benefits,one of which is the OAP that will not/does not attract any form of stoppage or punishment. Please argue against that instead of putting copy up of meaningless twaddle that was used to increase circulation in a rag years ago years ago     again  Ive got it..you ain't

Disqualifying benefits

Only sanctionable benefits can be reduced or stopped. Some benefits are not sanctioned but instead called disqualifying benefits.

These include but are not limited to:

• Retirement Pension
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Attendance Allowance

If fraud is committed against one of these benefits it may lead to a penalty against a benefit which can be sanctioned.

Argue against that if you will(hopefully)   There have been attempts  ie mentally ill people giving up their "dosh" fake letters from DWP published etc   but look up DWP website  tells all

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Yeah I just got one 3 days ago. Took a month to arrive from the letter date. Could be easier ways to do it if that and many other systems were thought about properly!! ????????????????

Just be glad you are not living in Indonesia where you would not have received it at all.

I note the letter says the certificate is to be returned within 16 weeks from the date of the letter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Again,there are three allowances/benefits,one of which is the OAP that will not/does not attract any form of stoppage or punishment. Please argue against that instead of putting copy up of meaningless twaddle that was used to increase circulation in a rag years ago years ago     again  Ive got it..you ain't

You're 100% correct there, but then again, I'm "only" 54 ???? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, transam said:

I have done  (above)   any more "proof" needed?.

come on,Ive provided "proof"  now disprove it  LOL????

Edited by izod10

44 minutes ago, izod10 said:

You know people who have paid cash whilst "fiddling"  you admit to it it    One was doolally,the other doolally as the other,third one fell off a step ladder,brain injury    But you previously admitted these were not pensioners  but mentally ill on sickness benefits  lol   Is this not so ?

They were all pensioners, you are now getting yourself all confused..????

But now I know you are trolling the subject...Readers beware....:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, izod10 said:

I would say ,this by far is an old chestnut of yours,to encourage people to join the frozen pit crew,through no good reason is terrible  ...a point of jealousy I feel,..no punishment,no pack drill.,  states DWP website-The pension is covered by laws which imply  "no action"" no fraud"  If you could indeed point me in a direction that indeed agrees with your statements,it would be appreciative  indeed it would  lol

And I may add again as a high ranking ex uniformed public servant,with a fantastic pension I should take serious offence ,but as ignorance is apparent..perhaps another "letter"  LOL

I don't care if you were a door commissionaire, just provide black and white evidence...

PS. On a nice pension yet fiddles a few quid from the state pension....????

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1