Pension Life Certificates

theoldgit

16 hours ago, lungbing said:

Does that mean they do not trust their own staff with the contents of an email, but do trust them if it's written on a form?

I’m led to believe that when the mail is received at their Mail handling Centre the contents are scanned on their computer system and then is available to the staff in Newcastle.

19 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

A bit like Thai Immigration......... a different answer depending on who you ask:-

Unfortunately for the security and protection of your details we are unable to accept your completed Life Certificate form via email.

Whilst that’s the policy of the appropriate Minister, not the individual staff we deal with, the staff there will no doubt be pleased to know that should they retire abroad then Civil Service Pension Life Certificates, or at least their equivalent, can be returned by email.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 12:41 PM, theoldgit said:

Whilst that’s the policy of the appropriate Minister, not the individual staff we deal with, the staff there will no doubt be pleased to know that should they retire abroad then Civil Service Pension Life Certificates, or at least their equivalent, can be returned by email.

They will equally be pleased to learn that their Civil Service Pension Life Certificates can be witnessed by any Tom, Dick or Harry under the sun (including their family members) as distinct from a limited band of acceptable individuals who happen also to be eligible to countersign passport applications. As if a Life Certificate had the same intrinsic value as a passport - really?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Seems like 3-August was the mass letter dated date for this years Life Certificates (on the basis of my experience and the fact that I've seen a few people quote that date. Nobody I've seen has posted about a different date. Those who have previously mentioned a date of receipt in Thailand that I have seen have quoted a date in late August (same as my timing of receipt). Seems like your date of receipt is a gross outlier - you might want to phone International Pensions and inform them - either as a public service or because you need extra time to get your cert sent in.

A standard 109 baht (or thereabouts) international postage through Thai Post should get you a track & traced receipt within a couple of weeks of sending - based on my experience in recent months, now that mail to the UK is back to normal -ish.