TAT mulls ‘expat card’ in bid to end dual pricing

webfact

25 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

This is true.

In 2003 the then governor of Bangkok had a brain wave and thought why don't we computerise all the traffic lights, so no need for half (or more) Police to man them.

Sadly this great idea didn't go down well with the Police and they computerised the traffic lights and kept the Police. Replacing those mafia types from losing their extra income is going to take some doing.

Just look at the 50 baht airport tax for taxis. another example that isn't really needed but someone would be losing a lot of money.

2003? That old story was around in the '80s when they used to switch traffic direction on Sukhumvit and Petchburi almost by the month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shuya said:

Same hassle to get this card as getting a pink ID card? No thank you, I rather waive visiting all those spectacular wonders of nature they call national parks.  

In my case, getting your ID card was not a problem. It takes a few minutes to sit down, have your picture taken and your ID card issued on the spot (that is is Bangkok) and valid for 10 years when one is 60 and younger, life above 61 years old. 

You might refer to the hassles linked to the issuance of the Tabien Bahn (known as Yellow Book), which, nowadays takes a few months and is necessary to get an ID card.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pottinger said:

2003? That old story was around in the '80s when they used to switch traffic direction on Sukhumvit and Petchburi almost by the month.

I wasn't around in the 80s but I was around when it happened in the 2000s. A certain ex policeman who was PM caved in.  Although I have not been to Bangkok this year due to the Pandemic, I am told that the situation is the same.

So what is your point? I am talking about technology that can do a persons job but it is overlooked for the loss of income (tea money).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seismic said:
1 hour ago, yeahbutif said:

Was told with thai driving licence get in thai price. So just need to tell the attractions.venues

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

Really?, who told you that?  ????????

I've used my Thai D/L at Ban Chiang at least 3 times and it works when I visit the national parks near Sakon Nakhon. I've never paid 'falang prices.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1