Buses To Silom

can anyone tell me please of buses from suvarnabhumi airport to silom area. i arrive wedesday on flight lh 782 from frankfurt, due to land at 13 55

i want to get to rama 4 road near entrance to lumphini park and would appreciate any help

can anyone tell me please of buses from suvarnabhumi airport to silom area. i arrive wedesday on flight lh 782 from frankfurt, due to land at 13 55

i want to get to rama 4 road near entrance to lumphini park and would appreciate any help

Taxi will set you back about 250 baht

if you want a bus, you need to take a transfer bus from the terminal to the transport center (2km away) and ther you will find buses going to Lumpoini Park on Rama IV

you disappoint me krub,you being a senior member.

catch the airport bus right outside the arrivals area. they recently raised their price to 150 baht? give or take a few baht. 4 different routes and im pretty sure silom is covered by one of them.

you disappoint me krub,you being a senior member.

catch the airport bus right outside the arrivals area. they recently raised their price to 150 baht? give or take a few baht. 4 different routes and im pretty sure silom is covered by one of them.

You are correct your solution is better although a little more expensive than the buses from the Transport Center.

We learn everyday thanks to input from all !

http://www2.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/s...ort_Bus_Express

Edited by Krub

Personally, I don't know why anyone bothers with the 150 Baht Airport Express buses, when you can have door-to-door service in a taxi for only 100 baht or so more. If I was going to bus it, I'd get the 35 baht #551 at the Airport Bus Terminal and take it to its terminus at Victory Monument (a fast run on the expressway), then switch to the BTS/Skytrain to Sala Daeng. I wouldn't do this if I had a lot of luggage though.

ill tell you why....lol.

it aint no fun trying to get a taxi guy to turn on his meter so you can get a 100 baht ride to silom. i dont think this is correct fare by the way.

they all want 400. eventually youll find a decent one who will turn on meter, but the airport bus is so consumer friendly. The question should be why dont more use the airport express bus? i think its becoz people dont know its there.

What I meant was, the bus costs 150 baht; for 100 baht more, ie 250 baht, you can have taxi door to door. 300 at the most to Silom.

Personally, I've never had any trouble getting a taxi from the dispatcher at the airport to use the meter (and almost never elsewhere in Bangkok). But I have heard more and more reports of drivers from the airport dispatcher demanding flat rates. You have to refuse the flat rates! And offer to call the Tourist Police if they insist. I've also heard they say that 400 or 450 is a good deal and if you use the meter it will cost more. This is a lie, and it's a shame more tourists don't know this. I suppose I'm preaching to the choir on this forum.

Arrive...go upstairs to departure area where the taxi's are dropping off people and wave one down. No problem. I do this about once a week. Sometimes they are even waiting. You can choose a new taxi as well. These drivers are desperate for ride back to the city as they don't have to go around and then wait downstairs. With tolls to Satorn/Silom I pay around 270. Never a problem!

What I meant was, the bus costs 150 baht; for 100 baht more, ie 250 baht, you can have taxi door to door. 300 at the most to Silom.

Personally, I've never had any trouble getting a taxi from the dispatcher at the airport to use the meter (and almost never elsewhere in Bangkok). But I have heard more and more reports of drivers from the airport dispatcher demanding flat rates. You have to refuse the flat rates! And offer to call the Tourist Police if they insist. I've also heard they say that 400 or 450 is a good deal and if you use the meter it will cost more. This is a lie, and it's a shame more tourists don't know this. I suppose I'm preaching to the choir on this forum.

Your post is right on, billp. The airport express buses at 150 Baht are simply priced way more than they are worth and I will never use them. Actually I'd love to use the buses as I think they are a much more environmental and urban friendly solution to airport transportation. But I will only use them if they are a good value. They should be charging 50 Baht or under, not 150 Baht. The bus from BKK to Pattaya is only 106 Baht, and that is on a much nicer looking bus than the AE buses. So why are the AE buses charging so much? The only I can think of is that they are trying to gouge the consumers.

I use Airport Express buses all the time in Korea and other places because the cost is significantly cheaper than a taxi. In Korea it's easily 5 - 10 times cheaper than a taxi for me. So even if two or three people are traveling together, it's still cheaper. For my destination in Thailand, nearby mid-Sukhumvit, I get a metered taxi from the departures, level 4 for a total of 175 Baht on the meter for most trips. At the times I arrive I typically don't even need to use a tollway, so that's 175 Baht total, plus any tip if I want to. To take the bus would cost me 150 baht plus 35 baht for a taxi from where the bus drops me off to my house. That's already more than the taxi only route. Plus I'd have to wait up to 30 minutes for the bus, plus the hassle of transferring my bags from the bus to the taxi. Absolutely no reason for me as a single passenger to even use the bus, and much much worse if two or more are traveling together. I sometimes hate the idea of using a taxi for a single person, and I think it is only aiding in clogging the roads and polluting the air. I would love there to be a luxury bus with 3-across business class style seats that departs every 10 or 15 minutes and only charges 50 Baht for which I could feel I was getting my money's worth and helping the environment and traffic problems at the same time. 100 Baht isn't a big deal and I guess if I was really totally committed to being environmentally conscious I would still take the bus. But for me the principle that someone is way overcharging for something overrides my other concerns and I refuse to use their services.