Researching marital status

bradiston

@bradiston What business of yours is that? I sincerely hope they will not give you any information, because that is private.

If it now happens to be out of the reason that you have met a woman, then you ask her. After that it´s your own judgement to either believe her or ask her to give you proof that she is not married.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

@bradiston What business of yours is that? I sincerely hope they will not give you any information, because that is private.

If it now happens to be out of the reason that you have met a woman, then you ask her. After that it´s your own judgement to either believe her or ask her to give you proof that she is not married.

ask for proof that she is not married 555

23 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

ask for proof that she is not married 555

Yes, very easy. Marriage in front of the monks is only a ritual and no marriage at all, even if people wish to believe that.

If she do not have a registered marriage, then it´s to be seen as she is not married.

After that it is all up to how much trust you are willing to put in a person.

Makes remarks like the one you just did is only a waste of time and also makes you look bad. If as you are trying to say that a ritual should be seen as a marriage, that would mean the a divorce would not be possible.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I need to check the marital status of an acquaintance in Thailand. Is there an online database I can search, or is it all down to local district offices?

Kor Sor 2 at any Amphur office shows a persons marital status.

But you need to be the person to get it.

Get her to go along to the Amphur office with you and buy one, 20bht.

Edited by BritManToo

Just get a private investigator. 

Need her Thai ID to do or if not her full Thai name. They can usually find this out anyway from her phone number, tax id or other means. 

Edited by OzFlyer
Addition

Get a Private Investigator. Costs you 6000B. Will check previous marriages registered in Thailand and their household registration for any kids for which she is the mother.

If she was married abroad this will only show up if the marriage was registered with the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If she sought any visa for her farang husband then it would have had to been registered with them. 

• Like 1