Lucozade for sale anywhere?

trevoromgh

The interwebs says "villa market sells lucozade orange". But the interwebs are known lairs.

?? AND who the heck would pay 1000 thb a bottle to order it online, are they mad?

https://thailand.desertcart.com/products/54437753-lucozade-energy-drink-original-1-liter-2-bottles

https://www.21food.com/products/lucozade-energy-drink-832298.html

https://www.ubuy.co.th/en/search/index/view/product/B000JMFCSE/s/lucozade-energy-drink-1ltr/store/store/kk/dp

I find the electrolyte powders on sale in pharmacies are very sweet. My personal rehydration preference is for Pocari Sweat, a product from a Japanese pharmaceutical company. It is not overly sweet and has a pleasant light citrus flavour. I drink it after a session working in the garden and it is very refreshing. And at 30-35 baht for half a litre it is very reasonably priced in supermarkets.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RichCor said:

7/Eleven carries Electrolyte powder packets. Otherwise most any pharmacy will have them. Several different companies that make them, different flavorings or sugar/non-sugar choices.

image.jpeg.5d52049080185ae1d7efc9ae017686f0.jpeg image.jpeg.c05890c61de6f5163d88c152a4a36b7b.jpeg image.jpeg.78e553faa8e130279d93bd37e79bd290.jpeg image.jpeg.a71d46a5224ba5c676ac40be21382d30.jpeg image.jpeg.dad6ad70d8d95ec09f471c33394e415f.jpeg

Take care how you administer this stuff,states on packet (mine anyway) max 4 a day.  emptied 2 packets few months ago into 1 litre jug of cold water,took all of 5 mins before feeling of throwing up,then 2 hours of non-stop over toilet bowl

15 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Take care how you administer this stuff,states on packet (mine anyway) max 4 a day.  emptied 2 packets few months ago into 1 litre jug of cold water,took all of 5 mins before feeling of throwing up,then 2 hours of non-stop over toilet bowl

Looking at the Tonk KKK pack gives the percentages of ingredients for 1000 ml, yet says put one packet in 250ml water. How misleading. And the sugar and salt figures say 'not less than' whereas the others say 'not more than'. Who's fooling who?

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

Many of the sports drinks are pretty much just Lucozade, but with those as well as the powdered ones if it tastes nice it isn't doing you much good.  The ones that taste horrible and very salty are the ones doing the best for you, the others have lots of sugar and other unnecessary additives to make them go down a bit easier, especially for children.

Or as above and put some sugar and salt into a glass of water (more salt than sugar) or a big glass of coconut water two or three times over a day will see you right.

• Like 1

My Swindon cupboard is full of it and 6 1lt bottles in the fridge part of my 5 a day from distant memory there is still one in my Chiang Mai fridge also as to your question I have never seen it on sale here and i have been looking like wise Cheeselets and Floral Gums ???? 

36 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Just picked up some Lucozade Orange energy drink cans at a local Farang shop.  It doesn't taste like the old Lucozade did, far too sweet.  maybe my memory if at fault. 

It's been ages since I drank it but as I recall the 'original' flavour only really tasted nice if you were unwell but it did give you a pick-me-up which is why I'd like one now.

Read the Wikipedia entry on the stuff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucozade  It's been reformulated several times in the past few decades which is why it doesn't taste like the product of your childhood.  It's basically sugar water with artificial sweeteners to avoid the UK sugar tax.  Oh, and coloring agents that can stain.  Doesn't sound like a worthwhile product to me.

35 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Read the Wikipedia entry on the stuff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucozade  It's been reformulated several times in the past few decades which is why it doesn't taste like the product of your childhood.  It's basically sugar water with artificial sweeteners to avoid the UK sugar tax.  Oh, and coloring agents that can stain.  Doesn't sound like a worthwhile product to me.

anyone on a healthy balanced diet really doesn't need this stuff, it gives sugar rushes/highs and i hate to think what it does to teeth. i have a healthy active life, exercise regularly, i gave up all forms of sugary fizzy drinks years agonand apart from a cup of coffee or tea a day only drink water which works just fine.

i'm not some vegetarian or vegan 'i know better' type, but i do think the healthier lifestyle you have the more you realise the detrimental effects sugary drinks and junk food has on your body and well being.

• Like 1