SOLAR connection to the grid

I installed Solar panel 5 KW on my roof

1 . can I sell my electric to the grid ?
2. I am in Military Condominium of house and they have special Electronic meters
3. In France they have one meter for electric push to the Grid and an another one to by electric from the grid is it the  case in Thailand ?
4. nothing has been done do I have to register/pay/inspection  to the electric company
5. I don't want to install batteries too expensive

Any advice might help

Regards

Thank you

Recommended reading:

Grid tie in solar power, new changes or is it just me
By chilidog, March 20 in The Electrical Forum

On 3/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, Crossy said:
On 3/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, chilidog said:

[...]

So my wife went to the head PEA office and finds out there was a new

head guy in charge. She spoke with the head guy and he says we are not allowed any where in Thailand a meter that would turn backwards with a grid tie in solar system. We could put as much energy we want back into the grid but when we pull it out we pay for it papers or no papers. 

[...]

When we spoke to PEA last year they told us that we are not allowed to spin the meter backwards, as an aside the supervisor told us not to let the meter reader see it going backwards (so export is disabled on the meter reading days).

2 hours ago, devaxprem said:

2. I am in Military Condominium of house and they have special Electronic meters
3. In France they have one meter for electric push to the Grid and an another one to by electric from the grid is it the  case in Thailand ?
4. nothing has been done do I have to register/pay/inspection  to the electric company

1) almost certainly no as you have to have the paperwork + an install by a registered installer with approved equipment and approval before starting, very few get approved.

2) doesn’t matter 

3) very few people get approved so not much information.

4) you will probably have to go back to square 1 and restart the install.

5) many people don’t.

FWIW the sell back price is about ⅓ of the price you pay for your power.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:
7 hours ago, devaxprem said:

I can confirm that the newly installed electronic meters with LCD has internal separate counters for the usage in both ways.

The display here on the meter (TOU, double tarrif) rotates showing all values; date, time, kwh import peak, kwh import offpeak, total import,  export peak, export offpeak, total export.
Extra information can be called by pushing the green button. (voltage, amps,..)

All TOU meters here are replaced by the digital one. The flat rate consumers still have the spinning wheel version but eventually will be replaced in the future.

I've read that PEA planned to change -all- meters in the Pattaya region to 'smarties'.

Perhaps others have had or can expect the same.

5 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

I can confirm that the newly installed electronic meters with LCD has internal separate counters for the usage in both ways.

The display here on the meter (TOU, double tarrif) rotates showing all values; date, time, kwh import peak, kwh import offpeak, total import,  export peak, export offpeak, total export.
Extra information can be called by pushing the green button. (voltage, amps,..)

All TOU meters here are replaced by the digital one. The flat rate consumers still have the spinning wheel version but eventually will be replaced in the future.

I've read that PEA planned to change -all- meters in the Pattaya region to 'smarties'.

thank you so much

10 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

1) almost certainly no as you have to have the paperwork + an install by a registered installer with approved equipment and approval before starting, very few get approved.

2) doesn’t matter 

4) you will probably have to go back to square 1 and restart the install.

5) many people don’t.

FWIW the sell back price is about ⅓ of the price you pay for your power.

Thank you so much for informations

Are you paying your bill to the condo or direct to MEA/PEA.

If you are on and MEA/PEA meter and your inverter has a "do not export" function, enable it and do all your power consuming tasks during the day.

If you pay to the condo you may still be able to sell them power, or at least get credit for the power you export.

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Are you paying your bill to the condo or direct to MEA/PEA.

If you are on and MEA/PEA meter and your inverter has a "do not export" function, enable it and do all your power consuming tasks during the day.

If you pay to the condo you may still be able to sell them power, or at least get credit for the power you export.

thank you I will try

On 9/6/2020 at 2:29 AM, Metropolitian said:

And it is..