Visa Amnesty ends 26 Sept

13 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

What type did you get and how long does it allow you to stay in Thailand? I mean even if it's a 12-15 months visa, can you stay a full year or have to extend via the agent every 90 days (for an additional fee).

I have an ed visa.  it's good for 90 days, and then I can extend for another 90 days, and then I will probably have to leave in late march, one year from the date I entered thailand.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Johnson81 said:

Do you think perhaps any extension will be provided for non b multi holders in my situation?

At the most it would be the 30 day extension with a letter from you embassy unless they allow a longer one of some kind.

With a non-b visa about the only extension is for one year based upon working, teaching and etc unless married to a Thai or old enough to apply for a extension based upon retirement.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

I’m on Non B multi, before they were saying no problem just come before 26th.

now I get a message saying have to come before Monday 

eh?

I know of one agent that would transfer you from non-b to yearly volunteer visa for 37,000 THB.

They claimed the process should take 1-2 weeks since you already have non-immigrant.

Unfortunately I let my non-b lapse and reentered Thailand in the beginning of the year on an arrival visa so my process was quite a bit more expensive than that. (60,000 THB for 15 month)

11 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

You are confusing the word "guest" with "Alien".

Immigration are quite specific in their wording - and it more accurately reflects the security of tenure that we enjoy.

I am on a 1 year Ed Visa that why I said am a special guest haha

15 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Someone reported success today in getting an extension permitted to stay until 26-Oct. He first applied on 26-August.
Details:
Malaysian Passport
Visa Exempt Tourist

Office: Muang Thong Thani Counter K (Bangkok)

Documents Submitted: TM7 Application, Embassy Letter, Photo
Price Paid: 1900THB

1500537336_ScreenShot2020-09-10at12_10_24AM.png.7dd69a9c9c1f2ee68a12ceceab802c47.png

Good to see, but too bad it takes 2 stamps.

4 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Someone reported success today in getting an extension permitted to stay until 26-Oct. He first applied on 26-August.
Details:
Malaysian Passport
Visa Exempt Tourist

Office: Muang Thong Thani Counter K (Bangkok)

Documents Submitted: TM7 Application, Embassy Letter, Photo
Price Paid: 1900THB

1500537336_ScreenShot2020-09-10at12_10_24AM.png.7dd69a9c9c1f2ee68a12ceceab802c47.png

Not being pedantic but it might help people in a similar situation to note that when they entered on 14th March they entered Visa Exempt not on a Tourist Visa (though people often call it this). 

Edit: Sorry, I was reading the picture but just spotted that you've already pointed out they entered Visa Exempt...  

Edited by Mike Teavee

On 9/7/2020 at 3:29 PM, rimpsstar said:

Thais I speak with seem to not understand how anyone can still be having a problem given they have had so much time

The Thais I speak with are a lot happier to see the farangs sticking around, helping buy groceries for their families, make vehicle payments, pay electric bills, and patronize their otherwise floundering businesses. It's certainly a lot more than their own government's been doing for them.

• Like 2