VPN for samsung smart tv

Mavideol

have a samsung (peace of shxx) smart tv, not android system and I am trying to install a VPN on it without success, it does let me type the my existing vpn account user name and password but as soon as I click sign in, it will return back to the sign in screen, I heard about the alternative of using my computer to connect to the vpn and did set up my network by changing adapter settings and allow for other devices to access the ethernet connection but haven't tried yet to see if it will work as I do still have a couple questions that maybe some here can help with.

1- Assuming the changes made allowing the adapter for other connections, how do I detect the connection on the TV? does the computer has to be on all the time I watch TV

2- When accessing the connection on the TV can I switch connection sites.location on the TV or do I have to do it on the computer, example if I want to connect to a server in France, UK, Singapore, etc, how does it work

3- any other better, easy way to set up a VPN, there is an alternative of using/changing DNS but it appears that's not as secure as VPN, the DNS would be registered thus not easy to change at every time switching locations or am I confusing things here

If you can't install the VPN on your TV direct, the easiest way if possible is to install it on the Router. 
Now many router support VPN Client. And if you have a little bit better router you even can put in some rules that for example only some connections have to go through VPN. Or depending from which device or going to which address different VPNs can be used.

But this as I told depends on your Router if it is supported. 
I always would reccomend to have an own router.. and use the basic router which mostly come from the Internet providers to use only for connectiong to the internet

1 hour ago, HampiK said:

If you can't install the VPN on your TV direct, the easiest way if possible is to install it on the Router. 
Now many router support VPN Client. And if you have a little bit better router you even can put in some rules that for example only some connections have to go through VPN. Or depending from which device or going to which address different VPNs can be used.

But this as I told depends on your Router if it is supported. 
I always would reccomend to have an own router.. and use the basic router which mostly come from the Internet providers to use only for connectiong to the internet

thanks, I have a 3bb router and it's not an easy task to set up, have been trying to create a virtual VPN network on windows 10 but I need a cable connection, unfortunately the laptop is far from router and only use WiFi and Microsoft says with WiFi no virtual network, I will keep trying to bypass the hurdles let's see how it will end up