Songkran replacement holiday

Badrabbit

I would just expect them to all be closed, and if by chance you happen to be in a location where there is a bank you use, check and see.  I know that this is a Phuket sub forum, but here in Bangkok, I was in Icon Siam Mall yesterday, and all of the banks there were open, and there were throngs of people about. Many people in Bangkok actually, more than I would have expected as usually all go back home.  Lumpini Park was fairly empty for the morning run, but the local Talads were busy with folks buying what they needed.  BTS and MRT were also fairly full when we traveled around yesterday, of course it rained a considerable amount from midmorning until the late afternoon when we headed out to the river and Icon Siam.  Rama 4 Road near where I live has also been busy for a Sunday with the cars and bikes headed east as well as the highway going eastbound being loaded most of the day.  The construction over at the One Bangkok project has just been going on like normal, and as we went on our walk today, plenty of workers walking to and from the worksites.  To me only the malls seem busier than normal for the past several months.  I also saw that Phangna has put full Covid restrictions in place.  So maybe thats why we have more folks up here now.

Edited by ThailandRyan

The "standalone"/main branches will be closed.

The Bank of Thailand announces the substitution of financial institutions’ holidays for B.E. 2563 (2020) :

1. Friday  4th September  Substitution for Songkran Festival
     2. Monday 7th September Substitution for Songkran Festival    

Microbranches in malls etc. rarely close for any holiday.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1