Can I Cancel Motor Bike Registration (tax) With Only Licence Plate Number?

Dazinoz

My ex-girlfriend bought a motor bike before I had met her. She didn't have proper ID so the shop where she bought it from put the greenbook in their name, for a commission of course.

After I met her I changed it to my name. We have now parted ways and she is not being very co-operative in changing to her name.

The question I am asking does anyone know if I could goto the DLT with my passport and licence plate number and cancel the greenbook from my name? Just cancel it, not change.

A sideline question is, tax and insurance was due 1st April and weren't paid because of lockdown. Now knowing her, they still would not have been paid. If she has an accident would I be liable because tax and (expired) insurance in my name?

19 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

If she has an accident would I be liable because tax and (expired) insurance in my name?

Probably and if not you would get hassled.  Like BritMan said, report it stolen and keep a copy of the report.

To CYA you might send her a registered letter requesting it be returned, give her 10 days then report it stolen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Probably and if not you would get hassled.  Like BritMan said, report it stolen and keep a copy of the report.

To CYA you might send her a registered letter requesting it be returned, give her 10 days then report it stolen.

I don't want the bike back she paid for it I just want my name gone.

Did you pay off the bike when you put the greenbook in your name? If so and she kept the bike, if not agreed upon when you left, for all concerned report the bike stolen. Case closed and then if she gets stopped well then you have an additional benefit to a relationship that went south, she gets hooked up.

52 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I don't want the bike back she paid for it I just want my name gone.

Understood.  You seem to be having difficulty getting it out of your name.  If you got it in your possession the difficulty would be gone or reduced.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does your Girlfriend still not have Thai ID ?

If not, ask her to put it in her friends name. 

Tell her that as its in your name you will report it stollen unless she gives you an option to ‘help her’ transfer it in to her name or friends name.  

Yes finally today she agreed to that. She  from Myanmar and here illegally so I guess dent want problems 

33 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Yes finally today she agreed to that. She  from Myanmar and here illegally so I guess dent want problems 

If she's here illegally, then it's better to sell off her motorbike and then return the money to her.

Ask her to rent a motorbike instead, there are plenty around.

Or you can buy her motorbike from her and then rent to her.

Edited by warcy
  • Confused 1

If she does not tax it within 3 years the green book will become null and void and so will your registration plate. 

This will cause difficulties later on as the bike will be worth a lot less without a valid green book and not easy to sell. Police can also check tax on the spot. 

Ive just been through no tax for 3 years drama with my non road legal drift car. Fortunately my wife's mother knows some people that know some people. If you get my drift. No pun intended. ????

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why did you change the name in the first place? It was her bike before you met her. 

Read OP

"My ex-girlfriend bought a motor bike before I had met her. She didn't have proper ID so the shop where she bought it from put the greenbook in their name, for a commission of course."

Edited by Dazinoz
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Shes an illegal immigrant with no ID. 

Yes, back then. She later got her pink Non Thai ID which has now expired and cant be renewed.

Later she was conned and got a white Thai ID in another province for a largish sum of money and it turns out basically worthless and not even sure she can transfer greenback to that ID.

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Read OP

"My ex-girlfriend bought a motor bike before I had met her. She didn't have proper ID so the shop where she bought it from put the greenbook in their name, for a commission of course."

What I don't understand is if she already bought the bike before you met her then the purchase was "incomplete" since your green book has been used for completing the purchase. The only and best way is selling it and get rid of the problem since she can not be the owner. Selling could be turning it to other legal person she may know. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

What I don't understand is if she already bought the bike before you met her then the purchase was "incomplete" since your green book has been used for completing the purchase. The only and best way is selling it and get rid of the problem since she can not be the owner. Selling could be turning it to other legal person she may know. 

Ok I will try to explain as SLOW as possible.

She had no ID.

Shop selling bike agreed to put greenbook in shop or someone at shops name for small fee.

She get bike and greenbook....purchase "complete".

I come along and after some time knowing me greenbook transferred to my name to save paying fee to shop.

She now has ID but is not co-operating in transfer as stated I'm my original post and the purpose of my post.