Status of small bars and restaurant Nai Yaang and other locations

drbrit

Hi, am thinking of a some domestic travel to Phuket - probably Nai Yaang beach - as prices are so attractive right now.

What is the status of the little mom n pop restaurants and bars in Nai Yaang or other beaches - are they open?

Obviously things are much quieter than normal.

Are there any restrictions on travelling from other provinces?

On kamala main road lots of bars, restaurants, shops open,  On the beach, 4 restaurants open for buiness

kamala beach road very little open
otherwise as stated, head to Rawaii, (beach not as nice thou)

Some restaurants on Nai Yang beach are open, we used to go every Saturday for a quick eat and a beer and watch the sunset, and see occasional planes landing and take off, but about two weeks ago we both ended up with terrible sand mites or Chiggers bite on our legs, terrible few days of suffering, no sleep all night, my friend he had the same...!

We go on a lot of beaches together or  separately almost daily, never had this, or heard of it. I'm afraid I won't be going back to that beach again if you paid me....????????

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 3:10 PM, Agusts said:

Some restaurants on Nai Yang beach are open, we used to go every Saturday for a quick eat and a beer and watch the sunset, and see occasional planes landing and take off, but about two weeks ago we both ended up with terrible sand mites or Chiggers bite on our legs, terrible few days of suffering, no sleep all night, my friend he had the same...!

We go on a lot of beaches together or  separately almost daily, never had this, or heard of it. I'm afraid I won't be going back to that beach again if you paid me....????????

Apply vinegar next time, had a load of those tiny barstewards in a load of delivered DIN (red/orange fill) sprayed it with bleach

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Yep, Nai Yang beach has a reputation for sand mites!

I was hoping it was just a certain condition like time of the year, temperature and humidity and maybe no wind and also no rain, or with rain, that caused their numbers to increase...

I liked the place I hoped they would go away eventually, but how do we know - need a  martyr to try...!!! ????

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Yep, Nai Yang beach has a reputation for sand mites!

Although I base my holidays in Kamala these days, Nai Yang is my favourite beach and I reckon I've spent a total almost a hundred afternoons on the beach (on a towel, not a lounger) and never had a problem. There always seem to be a lot of sand flies along a 100 metre stretch just south of the sun lounger section, but they don't seem interested in human meat or blood.

Maybe it's a seasonal thing? I go during December to March.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:50 AM, Venom said:

Does Phangna still require 14 day quarantine, if so is it even possible to drive into Phuket? 

Are you referring to recently, like last few weeks...!? I think their governor mumbled about some lockdown couple of weeks ago, but they shut him down quick and I have not heard anything since....

But will need to get info as I'm planning a few days motorbike trip outside Phuket next week, any info...!? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 3:10 PM, Agusts said:

Funny we had the same on Nai Yang. White wings, sandflies, lot of bites.