Slippery cliff proves fatal for foreign tourist

webfact

Slippery cliff proves fatal for foreign tourist

By The Nation

800_3d3daa1091a8559.jpg?v=1599446679

An Uzbek national reportedly slipped from the edge of a cliff while taking a photo and fell to his death at Ngao Waterfall National Park in Ranong province, officials said on Sunday (September 6).

The official document stated that on September 5, the park officers were notified of an incident in which a foreign tourist fell from the cliff at around 12.50am.

They went to the scene with a rescue team and found the victim lying in a stream and covered in blood.

The victim was identified as Soipov, who had travelled from Uzbekistan and visited the park with five Russian tourists.

The tourists told the park officials that Soipov had tried to take a picture from a spot 15 metres above ground level despite a warning sign in the area about its slippery surface and he eventually fell from the cliff.

The medical team arrived at the area at 2.20pm and declared the victim dead. The body was sent to hospital for autopsy.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394119

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-07

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not so strange that a rescue in a nature park takes time. Same goes for those in the USA. (watched quite some documentaries about stuff like that). Nature parks are by definition harder to get to else it was not a nature park.

Thanks for the clarification? Now everything looks much brighter.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

90 minutes for the medical team to arrive. Makes one wonder if it had been possible to save the man with a quick response. However, that might be impossible depending on how hard it is to come to the place.

"...foreign tourist fell from the cliff at around 12.50am." That would be after midnight, right?

Perhaps mistook am with pm. If not a mistake, what the heck would a group of tourists be doing at that hour at that location? Drunk?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"...foreign tourist fell from the cliff at around 12.50am." That would be after midnight, right?

Perhaps mistook am with pm. If not a mistake, what the heck would a group of tourists be doing at that hour at that location? Drunk?

Of course it´s a typo. As you can see it stands 2,20 pm as arrival time. You really think it took over 12 hour to get to him? Did you also read that he fell at the North Pole?

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Of course it´s a typo. As you can see it stands 2,20 pm as arrival time. You really think it took over 12 hour to get to him? Did you also read that he fell at the North Pole?

I could see it taking time to get to park, especially in the middle of the night. I haven't been to that national park, so can't speak to nearness of potential rescuers. Victim wasn't going anywhere. Rescue teams just hang around cop shops day and night?

No reason to get snarky about North Pole business. Sheesh

Like Will Rogers said "I only know what I read in the papers". It's not my job to proofread for errors

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

I think yes it does as we want to know if it was a stream full and overlapping the entire body and therefore washing off all the blood or only half full and not overlapping the body and not washing off all the blood. ????????????

He is still dead, right? Or are you calling Harry Potter for a good spell and the resurrection stone. With a comment like that, it actually looks like you would be more ready for the invisibility cloak. ????

Edited by Matzzon

54 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I could see it taking time to get to park, especially in the middle of the night. I haven't been to that national park, so can't speak to nearness of potential rescuers. Victim wasn't going anywhere. Rescue teams just hang around cop shops day and night?

No reason to get snarky about North Pole business. Sheesh

Like Will Rogers said "I only know what I read in the papers". It's not my job to proofread for errors

You still don´t get it. It was not in the night.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

A typo is when it was done without intent. It may have been done intentionally but in error. I constantly see A.M. and P.M. misused here, such as 'OPEN 12 A.M.-12 P.M.' Best to double check those flight reservations too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henry2109 said:

Sherlock, would you mind telling us what is very suspicious about it?

Is it that he was identified as Soipov? Or that he had travelled from Uzbekistan? Or that he visited the park with 5 Russian tourists?

Do you expect they will find some Novitschok in his body during the autopsy?

What is suspicious is that there are 'Tourists' here from anywhere abroad!

Edited by SunsetT

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

90 minutes for the medical team to arrive. Makes one wonder if it had been possible to save the man with a quick response. However, that might be impossible depending on how hard it is to come to the place.

Yeah.  Outrageous they don't build hospitals at the base of every waterfall.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Yeah.  Outrageous they don't build hospitals at the base of every waterfall.  

What in the world prompted such an idiotic remark? What is outrageous with that, it´s just not possible?

Edited by Matzzon

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

A typo is when it was done without intent. It may have been done intentionally but in error. I constantly see A.M. and P.M. misused here, such as 'OPEN 12 A.M.-12 P.M.' Best to double check those flight reservations too.

Oh, sorry that I do not live up to your ideal for the use of the word. Try to be better next time.

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:
10 hours ago, henry2109 said:

Sherlock, would you mind telling us what is very suspicious about it?

Is it that he was identified as Soipov? Or that he had travelled from Uzbekistan? Or that he visited the park with 5 Russian tourists?

Do you expect they will find some Novitschok in his body during the autopsy?

What is suspicious is that there are 'Tourists' here from anywhere abroad!

What's suspicious? Tourists have been stranded here since late March and I doubt there's been many Uzbek repatriation flights either.

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sometimes I wonder if people need saving from themselves. 

I imagine people loosing their lives because their head was in a phone is far more common than we see in the news. 

The same thing happened at a waterfall last year (a french tourist died) 

Too bad call it Darwinism at work.  Its sad but if people like this cause waterfalls to close or get ugly barriers everywhere i rather see a few of them die and keep it all nice and tidy. I mean if you are that stupid does that mean we need to close of stuff that others can enjoy without trouble ?

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just try to be better and not degrade every single thread you post in into an argument. 

I can’t recall reading a thread in which you have contribute where you have not use an argumentative tone and pick on irrelevant points, sidetracking the thread and generally destroying any reasonable discussion. 

Take a step back and look at yourself, you are not contributing towards threads, you are ruining almost every single thread I see you post in. 

So if I am argumentative, and you are???? Whatever you wish to call it. ???? You almost always have a different opinion, and that´s ok and accepted. Your opinion is that I am ruining every thread and not contributing. Whenever are you going to stop, dear Mr. Richard? Do you realize that you are focused on me, and feel the need to have an argument with me, who ever I quote. That´s called an obsession. Also, you are focusing on me, and are not very relevant to the thread either. Better you take a step back instead, and look at yourself. If you have problems, just ignore me comments and posts. 

Edited by Matzzon