Minister reaches out to Phuket locals after panic over foreign tourist plan

webfact

6 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

I think the locals just told Mr Pipat and his TAT where to go

or

Think again before using Phuket as an experiment

As for Pattaya, recently there are "NEW' tourists wondering around the city from S'Korea, how did they get in ?. very easy to spot with their selfie sticks, they stand out like big red nose, who facilitated their arival ?

some think I am incorrect, I can assure them I am not

Elite visa subscribers

5 hours ago, surfinglife said:

"To prepare for a second wave"....when was the first wave? It wasn't even a ripple! Phuket and Thailand in general is committing an economic suicide by refusing to accept that the virus is here to stay and to learn to live with it. The morons are following the idiotic Victoria model instead of pragmatic European one, which has proven to work. Most European countries have several hundreds cases a day....so what? Economy open, borders open, tourism open, people living normally. Thailand one case = total panic! Why?

Not actually true about Europe, cases are rising rapidly with the bigger Countries having around 2,000 a day and going up, borders may be open but returnees from other Countries have to quarantine for 2 weeks resulting in few bookings with people now doing staycations. All because lockdown was stopped.

5 hours ago, surfinglife said:

"To prepare for a second wave"....when was the first wave? It wasn't even a ripple! Phuket and Thailand in general is committing an economic suicide by refusing to accept that the virus is here to stay and to learn to live with it. The morons are following the idiotic Victoria model instead of pragmatic European one, which has proven to work. Most European countries have several hundreds cases a day....so what? Economy open, borders open, tourism open, people living normally. Thailand one case = total panic! Why?

Please send this message to the MP ...its spot on. Maybe edit ..morons ...????????

• Like 1

I really think Thailan needs to start getting on with life!! How long are they going to coccoon themselves to the detriment of nearly every working person. Its ok for the so called 'elite' and government with their limitlwss baht and pension schemes but for the normal people ..........who cares!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oldie said:

Entertainment open until 4. There was a discussion already and not everyone was happy. His approach to get more quality tourists...

Me, i am well and truly <deleted>d . 

I am  From  UK ..

Essan , i am on my way ,,

See you soon,   after the Covid-19 panic , is over .. ?

So the Government have been scaring folk over C19, pushing out how farangs are dirty etc etc, and they are surprised that these same folk don't want tourism to start anytime soon. Says a lot when folk are willing to extend their hardships (economic) rather than get back to some kind of normality. 

11,600 flights flying in Europe today at 13:00 European time. (source>>>> https://www.flightradar24.com/45.92,10.78/4) (Currently 12,400 as I type this).
Please tell me what is the problem with Thailand.. 
The world is returning to normal and governments are having to open to save their economies and balance Covid19. It is effective and it is working. Even small countries like Slovakia that are experiencing over 100 cases a day are open. People are traveling freely between borders and are asked questions (as I was last week on my way by train to Vienna). 'Where have you been for the last 10 days?' etc... 
Thailand is doomed and is going to ruin itself.. I have said this since July, and I will stand by this statement until it is official in international financial press that they have collapsed their own economy due to being xenophobic and scared.

Edited by Raphus
Additional link for source of information
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raphus said:

People are traveling freely between borders and are asked questions (as I was last week on my way by train to Vienna). 'Where have you been for the last 10 days?' etc... 
Thailand is doomed and is going to ruin itself.. 

My goodness. Good that they don't ask such stupid questions here in Thailand... Where have I been the last 10 days? At many places but I didn't document them. And now jail or what? Thank you Thailand to protect me from such nonsense. They are doomed. 

The best thing Thailand could and should do would be to replace this rank amateur, who is posing as an expert on tourism. Why they did not do that already, says alot. 

Thailand needs courageous leadership. They don't have it. The army are major cowards. ANY person from ANY nation should be welcome starting tomorrow, if they are willing to subject themselves to a 14 day quarantine and pay excessive fees for that two week prison sentence. There is no downside or risk, and only upside for the nation. No groveling from a local consulate should be required. That is utter nonsense. A covid free letter and a booking at an approved hotel. End of story. All of this back and forth, all of this fretting, all of this hesitation is simply cowardice and sadism. The people need the work. 

8 hours ago, surfinglife said:

....and not to forget, the serious cases and deaths in Europe went down by around two orders of magnitude in the meantime, compared to April. Single digit daily death in most countries now. ICU available at any time. Covid lost its dread there. Even if one is sick at the age of 90 and hence seen at 'high risk' in Europe, it's 10 times less likely to for him to die from Covid there than to die in a traffic accident in Thailand.

100% agree with your post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flying Saucage said:

Even if one is sick at the age of 90 and hence seen at 'high risk' in Europe, it's 10 times less likely to for him to die from Covid there than to die in a traffic accident in Thailand.

100% agree with your post.

How can he die in a traffic accident in Thailand if he is in Europe?

• Sad 1

Lets not forget where this plague came from, it could and should have been stopped 

I'm not into conspiracy but given the damage that has been caused across the world and sadly the lives that have been lost

did China do this on purpose 

I think it is possible, if they did it is the biggest and most destructive attack the world has ever seen, right in the middle of trade frictionsand the US playing a hard game 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They requested a postponement of debt payment for 1-2 years along with the city development and extending the closing time of entertainment venues to 4am, subsidising a city plan improvement and free Wi-Fi.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They also sought support for local entrepreneurs by subsidising the locals Bt10,000 a month, delaying debt payments for 1-3 years and rehabilitating tourism by offering soft loans for 5-7 years.

Khun Piphat is over a barrel on this one...

3 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

Lets not forget where this plague came from, it could and should have been stopped 

I'm not into conspiracy but given the damage that has been caused across the world and sadly the lives that have been lost

did China do this on purpose 

I think it is possible, if they did it is the biggest and most destructive attack the world has ever seen, right in the middle of trade frictionsand the US playing a hard game 

If it wasn't intentional this time, it has allowed everyone to see how effective the release of a deadly virus upon the world can be at shutting down countries and disrupting the entire world economy. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this in the future. This could become the new form of warfare. Develop a deadly virus, create a vaccine for your own side, then release the virus upon the world. Only those who support you have access to the vaccine. Your enemy and all that support them parish.

12 hours ago, DaveCW said:

So the Government have been scaring folk over C19, pushing out how farangs are dirty etc etc, and they are surprised that these same folk don't want tourism to start anytime soon. Says a lot when folk are willing to extend their hardships (economic) rather than get back to some kind of normality. 

The locals don’t want foreign tourists coming in. They just want their money. If that is not possible, they think the government owed them their livelihoods with their claims.

they also want democracy... they forget to tell that.

Well... this is a proof that there is no real free information communicated (only the crimes various facts, like that no one is really informed).

The virus is a pretext, it does not currently kill more than a seasonal flu. They are not stupid and fearful at this point, it is impossible.

How long they will be able to lie without everybody will understand there is an other problem under the carpet ?
So what's the real problem ? 

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:46 AM, Somtamnication said:

and most definitively will not stand for dual pricing.

They even accept quadruple pricing 5555

In Chiangmai:

1) price for people, who speak Kam Mueang (northern Thai) without accent

2) price for Thai

3) price for Farang

4) price for Chinese

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, stuandjulie said:

Not actually true about Europe, cases are rising rapidly with the bigger Countries having around 2,000 a day and going up, borders may be open but returnees from other Countries have to quarantine for 2 weeks resulting in few bookings with people now doing staycations. All because lockdown was stopped.

It's not about the number of cases, which Thailand seems so obsessed with. The mortality rates elsewhere haven't followed the trend of rise in cases like during March - April, very few people are dying so it's all about protecting the vulnerable, not locking up the healthy individuals or stopping healthy tourists from holidaying if they accept the quarantine and testing requirements.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, Oldie said:

Did you read what is happening on Mallorca for instance? You should... Very many restrictions in place - again. 

Restrictions yes, closing the country to visitors no. That's my point, why should people be stopped from traveling to Thailand when they are virus-free when departing AND agree to be quarantined for two weeks AND get tested zillion times before leaving the quarantine. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 10:25 PM, Visarghhhh said:

I guess Thailand will wait until a vaccine is available... I just hope they give it to the elderly and healthcare workers first.

Good idea !

Make that huge vaccination experiment first with the most vulnerable people and those who are there to save you, when you get sick ...

????????????