BANGKOK
webfact

Minister reaches out to Phuket locals after panic over foreign tourist plan

6 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

I think the locals just told Mr Pipat and his TAT where to go

or

Think again before using Phuket as an experiment

As for Pattaya, recently there are "NEW' tourists wondering around the city from S'Korea, how did they get in ?. very easy to spot with their selfie sticks, they stand out like big red nose, who facilitated their arival ?

some think I am incorrect, I can assure them I am not

Elite visa subscribers

7 hours ago, webfact said:

the ministry should focus on Thai tourists, which would not create any risk of a Covid-19 outbreak in the province.

555 ..... sure Thai tourists 555

Phuket 4 day holiday ...low numbers

Of course the shop owners should be angry. NO...money, money, money....monnnney.

5 hours ago, surfinglife said:

"To prepare for a second wave"....when was the first wave? It wasn't even a ripple! Phuket and Thailand in general is committing an economic suicide by refusing to accept that the virus is here to stay and to learn to live with it. The morons are following the idiotic Victoria model instead of pragmatic European one, which has proven to work. Most European countries have several hundreds cases a day....so what? Economy open, borders open, tourism open, people living normally. Thailand one case = total panic! Why?

Not actually true about Europe, cases are rising rapidly with the bigger Countries having around 2,000 a day and going up, borders may be open but returnees from other Countries have to quarantine for 2 weeks resulting in few bookings with people now doing staycations. All because lockdown was stopped.

5 hours ago, surfinglife said:

"To prepare for a second wave"....when was the first wave? It wasn't even a ripple! Phuket and Thailand in general is committing an economic suicide by refusing to accept that the virus is here to stay and to learn to live with it. The morons are following the idiotic Victoria model instead of pragmatic European one, which has proven to work. Most European countries have several hundreds cases a day....so what? Economy open, borders open, tourism open, people living normally. Thailand one case = total panic! Why?

Please send this message to the MP ...its spot on. Maybe edit ..morons ...🤣🤣

• Like 1

Any one can explain what the PUI's are ? ( Person under investigation) 

About 420.000 and every day some more added ...

I really think Thailan needs to start getting on with life!! How long are they going to coccoon themselves to the detriment of nearly every working person. Its ok for the so called 'elite' and government with their limitlwss baht and pension schemes but for the normal people ..........who cares!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

thailand should follow UFC's initiative and create a TOURIST ISLAND ... only for tourists, no-one in or out

Rent/Buy Movie Fantasy Island: The Compete Second Season DVD Now | Family  Video

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

extending the closing time of entertainment venues to 4am

What! 

I'm just getting up to go to farm at that time.

9 hours ago, Oldie said:

Entertainment open until 4. There was a discussion already and not everyone was happy. His approach to get more quality tourists...

Me, i am well and truly <deleted>d . 

I am  From  UK ..

Essan , i am on my way ,,

See you soon,   after the Covid-19 panic , is over .. ?

So the Government have been scaring folk over C19, pushing out how farangs are dirty etc etc, and they are surprised that these same folk don't want tourism to start anytime soon. Says a lot when folk are willing to extend their hardships (economic) rather than get back to some kind of normality. 

Not much point in inviting International tourists if the banks will not change their money!

• Confused 1

11,600 flights flying in Europe today at 13:00 European time. (source>>>> https://www.flightradar24.com/45.92,10.78/4) (Currently 12,400 as I type this).
Please tell me what is the problem with Thailand.. 
The world is returning to normal and governments are having to open to save their economies and balance Covid19. It is effective and it is working. Even small countries like Slovakia that are experiencing over 100 cases a day are open. People are traveling freely between borders and are asked questions (as I was last week on my way by train to Vienna). 'Where have you been for the last 10 days?' etc... 
Thailand is doomed and is going to ruin itself.. I have said this since July, and I will stand by this statement until it is official in international financial press that they have collapsed their own economy due to being xenophobic and scared.

Edited by Raphus
Additional link for source of information
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raphus said:

People are traveling freely between borders and are asked questions (as I was last week on my way by train to Vienna). 'Where have you been for the last 10 days?' etc... 
Thailand is doomed and is going to ruin itself.. 

My goodness. Good that they don't ask such stupid questions here in Thailand... Where have I been the last 10 days? At many places but I didn't document them. And now jail or what? Thank you Thailand to protect me from such nonsense. They are doomed.