General waiting period for Elite Visa approval letter?

I applied for the Elite Visa in early August through an agency in Chiang Mai. The western representative of the agency told me a 6-8 week period was to be expected before the approval letter arrives.

It is coming up on 6 weeks and still awaiting approval letter.

Does anyone else have experience? I assume there may be a higher number of applicants with the current situation.

Any help or previous experiences appreciated.

Edited by om3n1rpak

4-6 weeks typically. I heard it also depends on your nationality (not sure why).

When did you apply and how fast did this agency submit the papers to TE? You wrote early September, obviously a typo because we have early September now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, om3n1rpak said:

Oops, I meant August. My bad.

It was submitted on Aug 4th to my knowledge

Mine went in around the same time (UK passport holder). Nothing heard as yet. I've seen all kinds of estimates ranging from one month to three.

25 minutes ago, om3n1rpak said:

Well, thanks for the insight. I am fine until December so I am not too worried as of yet. You would think they might be a little more motivated, considering it is basically free money on their side...

Settle petal. The company that handles your application most likely had boutique staff previously. Now since Covid I have never seen so many inquirers re TE.

BTW very little advantage using agent.

• Like 1

Congrats on getting your approval. I just submitted my application via Star Visa Service in Chiang Mai.  Which service did you use? How long do you think it will take you to actually get back to Thailand.  I would love to keep in touch with you to see how you progress with the process.

Edited by rholofcener
added more info

My wife and I applied back in early July direct with Thailand Elite, we got approved in mid-August but we still haven't got the letter. Incidentally, the website says "YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED. Thank you for your patience, the approval will be send to you within 3 working days from the approval date."

Needless to say, we spoke to them in August and they said that the letter would be sent that day, it wasn't. We have tried to contact them several times since to no avail and they are not replying to emails.

Back in August I was told that they are struggling with over 200k new applicants - mainly from CN/HKG - I have no evidence of that but it would certainly explain the delays.

3 hours ago, 3STTW said:

My wife and I applied back in early July direct with Thailand Elite, we got approved in mid-August but we still haven't got the letter. Incidentally, the website says "YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED. Thank you for your patience, the approval will be send to you within 3 working days from the approval date."

Needless to say, we spoke to them in August and they said that the letter would be sent that day, it wasn't. We have tried to contact them several times since to no avail and they are not replying to emails.

Back in August I was told that they are struggling with over 200k new applicants - mainly from CN/HKG - I have no evidence of that but it would certainly explain the delays.

200,000 new applicants?! Although possible, I find that very unlikely.

On 9/9/2020 at 2:52 AM, rholofcener said:

Congrats on getting your approval. I just submitted my application via Star Visa Service in Chiang Mai.  Which service did you use? How long do you think it will take you to actually get back to Thailand.  I would love to keep in touch with you to see how you progress with the process.

I used Assist Thai Visa Services. I am already in Chiang Mai. I will be canceling my ED visa and receiving the Elite in BKK

• Like 2