TOT Megabit Offer 1GB/500MB 749 Baht/month

Looks to me irresistible. Isn't that even way better then the current True 1 GB offer? We are currently at a TOT 500MB/100MB promotion and pay 908.43 Baht/month. The new promotion looks way better. We're going to our TOT office today to find out and change.

gigabolt new promo.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks to me irresistible. Isn't that even way better then the current True 1 GB offer? We are currently at a TOT 500MB/100MB promotion and pay 908.43 Baht/month. The new promotion looks way better. We

Out of interest, unless you're running a server with a lot of traffic, do you really see a real world improvement in download speed going from 500Mbps to 1000?  I have 500/500 from AIS and even from o

I was led to believe, and so it seems on my 3BB 1Gb connection, that this speed only applies to connections within Thailand, and how many of them are pumping out at 1Gb? As soon as you go ábroad', the

Posted Images

I used to pay 1300 bahtish for my TOT connection which was pretty reliable.

While away the Mrs changed it to a 900 baht promotion which now struggles with a bit of weather around.

Can someone explain in laymens terms why the signal buffers or stops in bad weather when it's fibre optic?

Out of interest, unless you're running a server with a lot of traffic, do you really see a real world improvement in download speed going from 500Mbps to 1000?  I have 500/500 from AIS and even from obscure overseas locations the actual waiting time is negligible.  Overseas downloads are rather slow this morning for some reason - I have 130/220 to the US at the moment.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Out of interest, unless you're running a server with a lot of traffic, do you really see a real world improvement in download speed going from 500Mbps to 1000?  I have 500/500 from AIS and even from obscure overseas locations the actual waiting time is negligible.  Overseas downloads are rather slow this morning for some reason - I have 130/220 to the US at the moment.

I do when I’m running a basic vpn and streaming. I used to believe it didn’t matter past a certain threshold, but it’s been my experience that as your bandwidth increases, so does everything else, including vpn speeds and foreign server access. 

I also game, and downloading a 45GB game is WAY faster on a 1gig connection. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Greenside said:

For downloads and everything else its useful i have 1gb/1gb of 3bb always liked it but i use it for work too. 

4 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I do when I’m running a basic vpn and streaming. I used to believe it didn’t matter past a certain threshold, but it’s been my experience that as your bandwidth increases, so does everything else, including vpn speeds and foreign server access. 

I also game, and downloading a 45GB game is WAY faster on a 1gig connection. 

I was led to believe, and so it seems on my 3BB 1Gb connection, that this speed only applies to connections within Thailand, and how many of them are pumping out at 1Gb? As soon as you go ábroad', the speed drops. 

• Like 2

There have been times when I have taken their offer for increased speed,

and it did not always turn out to be better, I have Fiber 2 U, 400Mb/400Mb

for 524 THB per month,It works good for me,Streaming been the most

important no buffering so I just stick with that.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Dario said:

Looks to me irresistible. Isn't that even way better then the current True 1 GB offer? We are currently at a TOT 500MB/100MB promotion and pay 908.43 Baht/month. The new promotion looks way better. We're going to our TOT office today to find out and change.

My 3BB 1GB (631bht/month) rarely makes it to 500MB.

Don't believe the fake numbers.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

Ive got true 1gig fiber but looking to ditch them (again) and go with something cheaper. 

Price  is not much of an issue for me, quality is far more important. I use it so much so it is not something i economize on. What if you can save 400bt a month.. its nothing in the grand scheme of things. (unless its the same quality then why not)

• Like 1

I've found that you might get a faster reading on a speedtest to a local server but international speeds are much the same, regardless of the nackage you purchase. And that's what counts for most of us.

• Like 2