Pattaya: Grim picture for future of resort as post pandemic optimism dries up

webfact

On 9/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, jesimps said:

When I came here I was gobsmacked by the price of a round of golf. In view of the cheap price of property and labour I thought it'd cost next to nothing for 18 holes. How wrong could I have been? It's like swimming pools and other labour intensive projects, should be cheap as chips here, but because they're considered to be a hi-so item, they charge the earth. I don't have a lot of sympathy for a lot of the businesses that are struggling which have made a fortune by overcharging in the past.

It's not expensive where I live... but by the time you pay compulsory caddie fees and almost compulsory to 'tip' them, it puts the cost up. Why, if you hire a golf cart, you still have to have a caddie, I will never know. Not that we're tight, but we share carts, so WE sit in the cart, and the caddies stand on the back. They can earn their tip...????

On 9/8/2020 at 4:09 PM, moe666 said:

What no scams in the Philippines, or any where else.

Just saying there are better places in the future to choose over Thailand. I live here in Thailand, so I won't be moving anytime soon. But you never know. 
like this Covid vaccination they're going to force on foreigners...it will be a chinese vax, I can say, I don't fancy one of theirs floating around inside me. Bill Gate's one is bad enough. I would only trust the Oxford AstraZeneca one in the UK.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, Scooby and Puppy said:

Just saying there are better places in the future to choose over Thailand. I live here in Thailand, so I won't be moving anytime soon. But you never know. 
like this Covid vaccination they're going to force on foreigners...it will be a chinese vax, I can say, I don't fancy one of theirs floating around inside me. Bill Gate's one is bad enough. I would only trust the Oxford AstraZeneca one in the UK.

If you are paying for it, and foreigners will have to pay for it, you should get to chose, but TiT.  

So,

I have a few questions:-

1. If I visit, will the i/o ask me why i come too mutt

2. will the girls at the beach be any slimmer.

3. Will i get a discounted rates or the prices will be inflated.

4. Will i be allowed to visit go go bars? they dnt like me there in thai go go, but the russian ones at walking street hold my hands and take me in, ???? they love me there, i remember the names of many girls because i went for overpriced private dances far too many times.