BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Grim picture for future of resort as post pandemic optimism dries up

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

A bit harsh.....

It is all sad really.... but I share your lack of sympathy for the property owners who will not give businesses a break on exorbitant rents.

Do remember the property "owners" probably are loaded with debt to have been able to "buy" the property from the real owners and need to pay the debt.

But mostly I am sorry for the simple people earning a living in the branch and are now out of a job and money.

• Like 2

I'm still asking myself, 

So once tourism starts increasing does that mean these areas or any tourist Meccas  full of scams towards tourists,

Will the number of scams decrease? Or will it increase due to slim pickings?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Do remember the property "owners" probably are loaded with debt to have been able to "buy" the property from the real owners and need to pay the debt.

But mostly I am sorry for the simple people earning a living in the branch and are now out of a job and money.

I don't believe that is the case.... large percentages of Pattaya land are owned by a smallish number of very wealthy. Think Legkee etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

The malls are still open. You also can sit on the beach. Is there anything else that motivates you to come here? 

Yes, but can you sit on the beach with a beer? 

I really hope more will fail so that they finally decide to open up this country again!

• Like 2