Where to advertise a condo for sale for best results

I think DD property is one good website.

Strategically speaking I would not advertise it but I would give it to one agent. Not a big company but one local who needs the money and will do as much legwork as possible to sell it but, of course, due to the current situation I would not hold my breath if your condo is priced in the same range as the others in its category. On the other hand, buyers tend to try to squeeze more when they think that the seller is desperate. Difficult balance. 

This being said any good agent will do, the rest is a question of luck considering the state of the market.

Have a great day

• Like 1

Thanks for all the inputs... The apartment is fully refurbished with furniture and all ready to move in, as for 'pricing it right' will mean settling for less that what is the true market value and i'm not there yet, if it will take time to sell so be it, i can wait...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Thanks for all the inputs... The apartment is fully refurbished with furniture and all ready to move in, as for 'pricing it right' will mean settling for less that what is the true market value and i'm not there yet, if it will take time to sell so be it, i can wait...

The price that it transacts at is “true market value”.  If you priced it less than true market value then there would be a bidding war.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Also...”fully refurbished with furniture” really doesn’t say much unless you’re willing to post pics and let us critique them.  I wouldn’t want someone else’s idea of fully refurbished and there is a 99% chance that I won’t like their furniture either.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Airalee said:

Also...”fully refurbished with furniture” really doesn’t say much unless you’re willing to post pics and let us critique them.  I wouldn’t want someone else’s idea of fully refurbished and there is a 99% chance that I won’t like their furniture either.

I just rented a fully furnished house in Pattaya for Songkran which apparently is a low 10s million property.

It had a dedicated lounge... with a 19" TV on a swivel. Let's just say this follows what I've seen from most fully furnished places with mismatched cheap <deleted> from Index.

I definitely agree it's very important to see *how* it's been furnished so that you don't get a baby puke green wall "for good luck".

17 minutes ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

I just rented a fully furnished house in Pattaya for Songkran which apparently is a low 10s million property.

It had a dedicated lounge... with a 19" TV on a swivel. Let's just say this follows what I've seen from most fully furnished places with mismatched cheap <deleted> from Index.

I definitely agree it's very important to see *how* it's been furnished so that you don't get a baby puke green wall "for good luck".

That’s the problem with most condos, including new builds.  I was in negotiations for a condo in HuaHin earlier this year and the owner didn’t want to lower his price very much because he had “completely refurbished” it and had purchased new furniture.  My response was that I was going to be gutting it completely as it wasn’t to my tastes.  The deal died and the condo will sit empty for a long time.  

I finally decided to purchase new construction in Bangkok (someone bailing out of their contract) and even then, things that some people might find tasteful, such as the black marble countertops, are an eyesore to me and will ultimately be replaced.  I also accept that whatever upgrades I choose is money thrown away to make it how *I* want it and do not expect to recoup any of it so I need to think long and hard at what I keep and what I change.  Of course, the furniture is all being replaced, but to me, it’s a given that whoever might buy from me in the future won’t want anything I choose and sleeping on a used mattress or sitting on a used sofa/recliner (no matter the quality) is pretty gross.

I have bought and sold a few small properties and the first reaction of the seller is to describe how beautiful it is and I always point out...to their taste. I buy, I break everything inside, decorate it to my taste and (try to) sell it a few years later (not as an investment): it is, almost, never to the taste of the potential buyer and even if it were they would tell you they don't. It is a bargaining chip. I do have the same approach with the difference that I never liked the design of the flats:)

15 hours ago, Airalee said:

I have enlisted the services of a professional photographer who took about 50 pictures of the apartment which most of them are published in various Facebook communities, i also accept that theses are not 'normal' times for big decision transactions and as such i can wait for the right buyer to come along...

15 hours ago, Airalee said:

I have enlisted the services of a professional photographer who took about 50 pictures of the apartment which most of them are published in various Facebook communities, i also accept that theses are not 'normal' times for big decision transactions and as such i can wait for the right buyer to come along...

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Standard condos will always sell by price.

Beyond the obvious location, location, location and views, buyers willing to pay more are usually looking for something that fulfills a specific need, sometimes they don't know yet what that need is.

Some people are bathroom people, some are kitchen people, some will appreciate bbq on the balcony.

Making a condo stand out from the rest is important, and these features will possibly make the sale.

A few examples:

- is the kitchen a separate room, allowing for real cooking?

- does the kitchen have an oven with a spit?

- is there a dishwasher in the kitchen?

- is the kitchen's sink large enough to lie an oven tray flat on its ground?

- is the hood the cheap version or the one with maximum aspiration power?

- is the fridge a larger one with a separate freezer?

- are the windows and doors hermetic?

- can 3 people take a shower at the same time?

- if the bathroom has a bathtub, is it long enough to completely lie down in it?

- is the bathroom floor lower than the rest and does it have a drain in it?

- regarding furniture, for me personally I like when the main bed is at least Thai King Size and comes with shelves at the top with power plugs and also large drawers under the bed to provide stowage room.

- another point regarding furniture is the sofa - can it be converted into a bed?

etc. etc.

all of the above are selling points

• Confused 1

On 9/10/2020 at 12:55 AM, tgw said:

A few examples:

- is the kitchen a separate room, allowing for real cooking?

- does the kitchen have an oven with a spit?

- is there a dishwasher in the kitchen?

- is the kitchen's sink large enough to lie an oven tray flat on its ground?

- is the hood the cheap version or the one with maximum aspiration power?

- is the fridge a larger one with a separate freezer?

- are the windows and doors hermetic?

- can 3 people take a shower at the same time?

- if the bathroom has a bathtub, is it long enough to completely lie down in it?

- is the bathroom floor lower than the rest and does it have a drain in it?

- regarding furniture, for me personally I like when the main bed is at least Thai King Size and comes with shelves at the top with power plugs and also large drawers under the bed to provide stowage room.

- another point regarding furniture is the sofa - can it be converted into a bed?

etc. etc.

all of the above are selling points

Funny as most of the above would have the opposite effect on me :

I like open kitchens, don't care about a spit, size of the sink, 3 showers, drains in bathrooms, and sofa's that convert to beds.

For me it's the quality of the construction, internet speed, interior decoration colors and the state of the building in general. 

Not to say that your criteria are bad or invalid not at all, just to show that you can never have the perfect condo / house, as each person has totally different views about value and selling points. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Funny as most of the above would have the opposite effect on me :

I like open kitchens, don't care about a spit, size of the sink, 3 showers, drains in bathrooms, and sofa's that convert to beds.

For me it's the quality of the construction, internet speed, interior decoration colors and the state of the building in general. 

Not to say that your criteria are bad or invalid not at all, just to show that you can never have the perfect condo / house, as each person has totally different views about value and selling points. 

as a seller you don't know what the buyers are looking for, and sometimes they don't know themselves.

your personal taste doesn't matter when it comes to selling a condo, the important thing is to hit the taste of a buyer who will be ready to pay a bit more for the feature he likes.

the more uncommon features a condo has, the higher chance to sell it for a good price.

hit the taste of "most people" -> be one offer among thousands, sale decided on price

meet some buyers' special needs -> be one among a handful of suitable offers, sale decided on best fit

Edited by tgw

On 9/7/2020 at 11:18 PM, Airalee said:

Price it to sell and it won’t matter where you advertise...someone will find it and purchase it.  Price it like 99% of the other stuff out there and it will stay on the shelf like the rest.

Incorrect.

There is such a glutton of brand new condos for sale, it will be extremely hard to sell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

Incorrect.

There is such a glutton of brand new condos for sale, it will be extremely hard to sell.

I believe you mean “glut”....and I concur 100%.  However...

Price it low enough and it will sell.  

No...lower.  

Lower still.

Almost there...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Airalee said:

I believe you mean “glut”....and I concur 100%.  However...

Price it low enough and it will sell.  

No...lower.  

Lower still.

Almost there...

Thai's don't like buying used when there is a glut of brand new for sale.

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

Thai's don't like buying used when there is a glut of brand new for sale.

Where did I suggest which nationality it would sell to?  

Price anything low enough, and it will sell.  Period.

If the P/E ratio is low enough, a Thai would buy it and rent it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Get a valuation, many agencies (not agents) can provide. This will give you a true value if you really want to sell. You have to pay for this its not word of mouth.

List with the best agencies, they do have potential greater client reach and they can sort out your tax and the process (but not conveyancing). They will charge you 3% plus they will tell you your tax liability accurately. 

Do not tell the agent what "you will accept"

Sit back its going to be a long wait.

Been there, nearly done that. Still sat back waiting. Be wary that the agents role and commission and sub agents commission is based on one fact. That being you agreeing to selling to an offer received, not getting you the best deal for YOU (this is why the valuation is important).

Edited by MRToMRT