Thailand closed: second choice in SE Asia?

seeriipaap

Well there is not too many to chose from ,Vietnam will only issue a 1 month tourist visa if you can get in.It use to be 3 months. You might be able to get in Cambodia as it is the cheapest place to stay and the places to stay are nice. If you go there you will also need to put 3000 usd in a bank account and have insurance to the value of 500,000 usd for corvid-19. Also make sure you get a business visa that yo can extend over and over again from with in.

1 hour ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

I'm pretty sure no country in Southeast Asia is allowing people to enter. Here's a map put out by the IATA, an airlines regulation group I think. You can click on any of the countries and get a fairly detailed run down of who and under what conditions can enter any particular country. Great fun, almost as much fun as going there.????

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Thanks Shaunduhpostman.  For anyone needing to plan a trip that map is very helpful, even if very, very depressing. ????????????

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Well there is not too many to chose from ,Vietnam will only issue a 1 month tourist visa if you can get in.It use to be 3 months. You might be able to get in Cambodia as it is the cheapest place to stay and the places to stay are nice. If you go there you will also need to put 3000 usd in a bank account and have insurance to the value of 500,000 usd for corvid-19. Also make sure you get a business visa that yo can extend over and over again from with in.

Forget Cambodia, unless you are an investor, business man (especially Chinese), engineer or medical expert with ongoing projects in the Kingdom. For foreign ex-pats and other travelers, the borders are still CLOSED.

6 hours ago, Shaunduhpostman said:

I'm pretty sure no country in Southeast Asia is allowing people to enter. Here's a map put out by the IATA, an airlines regulation group I think. You can click on any of the countries and get a fairly detailed run down of who and under what conditions can enter any particular country. Great fun, almost as much fun as going there.????

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Thanks for the map.....Bookmarked for future reference.

1 hour ago, Vyhod said:

MEXICO, baby. ????

No, it's not in SE Asia. But a great option for now.

So I have booked my flight already to go spend all the money I made for my usual (thai) autumn holiday of 3 months at the riviera maya in Méhico this year... ????????????

Costa Rica, Guatamala, Dominican Republic, Bermuda etc

Just saying they are possibilities.

Why just drag out the same old names and then disparage them? What is that definition of crazy we constantly hear?

Bring up new names then disparage them. 8 ^)

• 4 months later...