Ground Coffee

goski

Yes, I´m out of coffee and the Yod Doi stall in Big C is also out of it and I was recommended to look around at the Chiang Mai gate for another shop. Didn´t find it, otherwise I wouldn´t be writing here.

Where can you buy ground coffee in Chiang Rai city? How much does it cost and at what amount?

Yes, I´m out of coffee and the Yod Doi stall in Big C is also out of it and I was recommended to look around at the Chiang Mai gate for another shop. Didn´t find it, otherwise I wouldn´t be writing here.

Where can you buy ground coffee in Chiang Rai city? How much does it cost and at what amount?

Dont know abot Chiang Rai.,but the Rimping supermarkets i Chaing Mai have a great selection of ground coffees and also roasted beans if you want to do it yourself.I think the large supermarket north of the moat can also roast and grind on site.

Personaly I am a big fan of the Hillkoff thai coffees and a good price too

Ah yes, I will look into alot of different supplies when I go to Chiang Mai next time. Last time I didn´t have time because I had to bring a friend on a bit of sightseeing.

Regarding Chiang Rai, I do know of the Doi Tung brand and where to buy it, Doi Tung or the airport, but it´s just too expensive for the amount you get. Yod Doi both tastes well and sells for a reasonable price.

Where is that second Yod Doi shop!? Was I the victim of a "save face" reply?? :o:D

Ah yes, I will look into alot of different supplies when I go to Chiang Mai next time. Last time I didn´t have time because I had to bring a friend on a bit of sightseeing.

Regarding Chiang Rai, I do know of the Doi Tung brand and where to buy it, Doi Tung or the airport, but it´s just too expensive for the amount you get. Yod Doi both tastes well and sells for a reasonable price.

Where is that second Yod Doi shop!? Was I the victim of a "save face" reply?? :o:D

I've found that you pay for what you get. If you enjoy premium coffee, than you have to pay.

Doi Chang Coffee for mind is great value. IMO it is not as nice as Doi Tung but not far off and it is a little bit cheaper.

Go to the Doi Chang coffee shop just up from the old clock tower at the end of Jet Yod. They sell premium and whole bean. They sell it in a pack of beans, so you need to ask them to grind it for you. I would advise a 70/30 mix (premium/whole bean)

It is a good coffee IMO

Hope this helps

ITR :o

Edited by In the Rai!

hi there ,

yes i agree wit in the rai, u can ask Doi chang coffeeshop (*amn i miss CR!) i only drink free coffee from office here and it is bon cafe, hehe but i just brough a bottle of Chinese Appicot juice made in Mae chan Chiang rai. :o

Goski, you can buy Doi Tung coffee at the health food store next to Nava on Thanalai road opposite the old wooden chinese hotel. They have a few brands there. Last time I bought a bag, forget what size, it was about 190 baht. THey have a few other brands, and tastes. This was espresso, but I think they have arabica as well. You can also find ground coffee at Northern Farms. About the same price 195 per pack. I think the beans are from a Chiang Mai brand, but forget exactly. There was a place opposite Shell at the Chiang Mai gate that sold beans at a really reasonable price, I think it was Doi Chang coffee, but don't know if they are still there. The shop was rather unsuspecting, so take another look.