Free Haircuts

Maybole

My regular barber has be opening irregularly since the end of lackdown and today was closed. My Sister-in-law took me to Wat Lok Moli on Manee Nopparat road for a free haircut. It is a long term project to raise temple funds.

It appears to be men only and the haircuts are performened by volunteers or possibly trainees under supervision of an experience barber.

The young fellow who did mine was painstaking, stopping frequently so seek approval or advice from his mentor. The result is good althlough it took a long  time.

Wat Lok Moli is on the north side of the moat just East of Computer Plaza. The haircuts are free but a donation to temple funds is expected.

1 hour ago, Maybole said:

It appears to be men only and the haircuts are performened by volunteers or possibly trainees under supervision of an experience barber.

The young fellow who did mine was painstaking, stopping frequently so seek approval or advice from his mentor. The result is good althlough it took a long  time.

This is how people who are becoming barbers get experience. Usually they give free hair cuts at schools, orphanages, hospitals etc. but i guess at a temple like in your report is also an option.

8 hours ago, flare said:

I got a free haircut during the shutdown- my wife used the dog clippers on me.  I looked pretty good- not as good as the dog, of course, but not bad.????

did you wag your tail ?

~o:37;