90 day repor at Promenada

Maybole

I have posted this in the Chiang mai forum because it may specific to Chiang mai only.

My 90 day report was due yesterday, a holiday. I sent in a postal application on 19th of Aug but it was returned undelivered on 28th marked "no address"

I went to Immigration on Thurs 3d Sept to discover that 90 day reports office has moved back to Promenada.

This morning I went to Promenada, arriving just before 9am. It was initially difficult to get in, all doors except one near the toilets on the basement of building A were locked and it took a few minutes walking round to find it. I then walked round looking for the office until young,and surprisingly pretty cleaner saw me with my form in hand and directed me. The office is on the 2nd floor on the East side of the building A, between Krungsri Bank and a clinic which now occupies the site where the Kasikorn Bank used to be.

I was met by an english speaking volunteer who took a quick look at my form and passport, gave me a queue ticket and told me to wait outside. After about 2 mins. I was invited inside just as queue no 12 was called, I had no 20. It took 7 mins until my no was called and 2 very young and again surprisingly pretty clerkesses were working. The one I met checked the answers on my form against my passport, wrote out the reciept by hand and stapled it in my passport. it took  less than 2 mins.

The whole visit visit took 25 minutes including the time seaching for the office.

The office is slightly difficult to find and since the demise f the shuttle bus inaccessable except from Chang Puak bus station where a songthaew leaves for the Sankampaeng hot springs only every 2 hours.

34 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

What about the Drive Through 90 Day report.....is that still in there, or has that moved to Prom?

Honestly, I can't keep up with the moving it back and forth, and can't understand why!

Still at airport imm,very efficient.

• Like 1

Presumably you had a reason not to do this online -- maybe a new passport or something...... But, now that  you've done this in person, and all the particulars are in the data base, will you use online reporting next time? If not, why not? Just curious as to what roadblocks I might not see may exist for online reporting.

18 hours ago, JimGant said:

Presumably you had a reason not to do this online -- maybe a new passport or something...... But, now that  you've done this in person, and all the particulars are in the data base, will you use online reporting next time? If not, why not? Just curious as to what roadblocks I might not see may exist for online reporting.

You have pointed out the two major roadblocks that I know of, i.e. One report in person with your current passport then good to go online.

I use it all the time with no problems. 

Suggest you do it at the 14/15 days before the due date point on the first occasion so that you still have time to do in person if you do encounter problems.  Please note the confirmation of approval can vary from near instant to two/three days.  It seems to get quicker with each subsequent application.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:02 PM, pgrahmm said:

And the drive up can be used as a walk up window.....

Last time I was there,mid August, those trying to use it as a walk up window were being turned away and told to go to Promenada by an officer referencing a sign in Thai ,English and Chinese if I remember.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Last time I was there,mid August, those trying to use it as a walk up window were being turned away and told to go to Promenada by an officer referencing a sign in Thai ,English and Chinese if I remember.

We went on the bike in June as we had never done one before - 11 years and we've never spent more than 89 consecutive days in the country.  2 cars in front of us, so I got off the bike to stretch my legs and get out of the sun.  When the car in front of us moved off I wandered over towards the window and I was told very sharply that it was drive through only.  When I pointed to Mr K, who by that time had wheeled the bike forward level with me, I was really sternly told to get on the bike.  Maybe he was having a bad day, but he wouldn't entertain us unless two bums were firmly on the bike.

Last week we did our first online reporting, did it late afternoon and they were there the next morning to print off.  I accept that a significant number of people have problems with the system though, I gave up on the Android app and just stuck to the laptop.  

24 minutes ago, Konini said:

We went on the bike in June as we had never done one before - 11 years and we've never spent more than 89 consecutive days in the country.  2 cars in front of us, so I got off the bike to stretch my legs and get out of the sun.  When the car in front of us moved off I wandered over towards the window and I was told very sharply that it was drive through only.  When I pointed to Mr K, who by that time had wheeled the bike forward level with me, I was really sternly told to get on the bike.  Maybe he was having a bad day, but he wouldn't entertain us unless two bums were firmly on the bike.

Last week we did our first online reporting, did it late afternoon and they were there the next morning to print off.  I accept that a significant number of people have problems with the system though, I gave up on the Android app and just stuck to the laptop.  

I was there on Wednesday and used the drive up. There were 2 cars in front of me and the one directly in front of me had his hazards flashing. I was wondering why and paid little attention until I saw him come from the building and get in his car. This didn't bother me as the car in front of him hadn't finished yet, but if it had it would had pi$$ed me off.

The first car finished. The car in front of me, with is hazards now off, moved up, and I followed. When the car in front of me finished I moved up and with my window down I was in the process of handing over my form with passport when a man who had parked his scooter off to the nearby side of the drive thru lane came and butted in, Being annoyed but not in a hurry I didn't say anything. I waited until he was done and then continued the process. All in all it must had took me 10 minutes but probably could had been 5 if that damn farang hadn't walked up and jumped queue.

I did note that off to the side next to the window was a Thai woman and an older farang (with a walker) just standing there as they appeared to be waiting their turn in queue. So in summary it appears they are processing walk ups at the drive thru window.

12 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I was there on Wednesday and used the drive up. There were 2 cars in front of me and the one directly in front of me had his hazards flashing. I was wondering why and paid little attention until I saw him come from the building and get in his car. This didn't bother me as the car in front of him hadn't finished yet, but if it had it would had pi$$ed me off.

The first car finished. The car in front of me, with is hazards now off, moved up, and I followed. When the car in front of me finished I moved up and with my window down I was in the process of handing over my form with passport when a man who had parked his scooter off to the nearby side of the drive thru lane came and butted in, Being annoyed but not in a hurry I didn't say anything. I waited until he was done and then continued the process. All in all it must had took me 10 minutes but probably could had been 5 if that damn farang hadn't walked up and jumped queue.

I did note that off to the side next to the window was a Thai woman and an older farang (with a walker) just standing there as they appeared to be waiting their turn in queue. So in summary it appears they are processing walk ups at the drive thru window.

Sort of defeats the objective but TIT

12 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

All in all it must had took me 10 minutes but probably could had been 5 if that damn farang hadn't walked up and jumped queue.

I did note that off to the side next to the window was a Thai woman and an older farang (with a walker) just standing there as they appeared to be waiting their turn in queue. So in summary it appears they are processing walk ups at the drive thru window

I lose faith in humanity at times.  Using a drive through as a temporary parking spot is incredibly inconsiderate.  Few would mind someone with mobility problems going up a few places in the queue, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have been as patient with your queue jumper as you were.  The only thing I can think of to give him an reason (certainly not an excuse) for pushing in would be that he had been sent away to get photocopies or to complete the form.  Even so, in reclaiming your place in the queue, basic manners say let the person being dealt with finish.

Perhaps they are allowing walk-ups because 90 day reporting has moved back to Promenada again with no allocated spot inside the office, or it could be that they had made an exception for this person given that he was elderly and using a walker.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Konini said:

"I lose faith in humanity at times.  Using a drive through as a temporary parking spot is incredibly inconsiderate."

Had the car ahead of him been finished and his unmanned car was holding me up I would had been saying something, but since it wasn't really delaying anything I just let it go. Likewise, where exactly would someone park if they needed to just run inside for a minute? It's not like there is an abundance of parking spaces available. When leaving and rounding the corner of the building to make my exit there was a truck that had parked halfway in the driving lane nearly blocking the exit. I thought I was going to have to retract my side mirrors in order to squeeze through.

"The only thing I can think of to give him an reason (certainly not an excuse) for pushing in would be that he had been sent away to get photocopies or to complete the form."

That thought crossed my mind too as that occurred to me many years ago when I was still learning the process.