Sale of alcoholic beverages to be banned via electronic channels

webfact

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I have lost count the number of times i've wandered into a 7/11 or a BigC store to buy alcohol at 2.05 PM. Gets me every time. As well as covid-free destination maybe the next target is alcohol free. That would work right?

I wonder when they changed to these mad times you could buy alcohol did it slow down the sales or what? did it make any difference

5 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Once Boon Rawd and the other big guys figure out how to sell online, it will be OK. 

Once TVF members figure that Boonrawd and other breweries have online shops for ages already, they maybe refrain from making silly comments.

https://www.singhaonlineshop.com/2015/checkage/97

image.png.d0136107bbafc928e87f77b5b34b0f6a.png

Edited by Susco
  • Haha 1

Instead of banning on-line sales the simple way would be to require a person of legal age to receive and sign for the delivery.  When I lived in the US this is what my home state required.

My neighbor will be _____.  He relies on Topps to deliver his junk food and beer because his wife doesn't buy it for him.  ????

Edited by statman78
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Come to 2000 century! You can easily prove byuer age in electrically also! You have one of the most fast internet in planet, still you love paper! Not use all good things what you can do in electronic way!

One hates to be pedantic but the 20th century has been and gone. 2000 was the last year of that century. 

This current one is the 21st century which began in 2001 and will finish in 2100.

This in no way contradicts the sentiments expressed in your otherwise erudite post. 

Have a good day. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Stomping on the little guys and handing it over to the big guys.

Isn't it, in some cases, doing the opposite by shifting it from the big online boys back to the Mom and Pop shop.  I am sure the online booze buying is done by people who don't have access to a nearby Big C or Makro.

Despite my comment above I do think it is a stupid and petty restriction.

Edited by fangless

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just how the hell am I going to carry 2 cases of wine from the place I order my wine from.  Looks like I will have to order it at the store, push it to the street and take a taxi home with it.  Glad my wine refrigerator is still fairly well stocked.  There reasoning just defies all logic, and will now cut those companies who had a fair market share to either fold or have to become store fronts, instead of just a warehouse distributor.  Sounds like some people felt they were not getting there cut and this is the way to ensure it happens.  Using the excuse to restrict youngsters from buying it online is just pure idiocy. 

I wonder if you can go to the store, make your purchase, then have it shipped back to your house.

For me it is very hard to get a good selection of wine unless I go on-line or travel a pretty far distance

Edited by statman78
  • Like 2

As a non-alcohol drinker I  think the approach to alcohol sales is already absurd at the least.  You guys that like a drop must be furious at this ridiculous decision.  And blocking sales 2 to 5 what moron came up with that? All the customer has to do is flash their ID card o prove age.  No,  this is all about looking after the folks that supply the brown envelopes...plain and simple. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, statman78 said:

I wonder if you can go to the store, make your purchase, then have it shipped back to your house.

That might be an option, i will have to check, but then maybe it will not work as it could be construed as a straw sale and I am sending it to a home full of kids to party with.  This is the sort of reasoning this government employs.

• Like 2