Sale of alcoholic beverages to be banned via electronic channels

webfact

ridiculous and pathetic.

But also easy to circumvent their childish laws.

Sent a motorcycle driver/courier/grab to your favorite booze shop, buy it and let him deliver.

Person-to-person sales. Problem solved.

That's what I would do if I own a shop such as wishbeer etc....

22 minutes ago, fangless said:

Isn't it, in some cases, doing the opposite by shifting it from the big online boys back to the Mom and Pop shop.  I am sure the online booze buying is done by people who don't have access to a nearby Big C or Makro.

Despite my comment above I do think it is a stupid and petty restriction.

And what do Mom and Pop shops sell? Chang, Leo, Singh.

Whereas places like Wishbeer were selling Craft beers, ciders etc. from smaller manufacturers. So how do these small guys now sell their product? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

And what do Mom and Pop shops sell? Chang, Leo, Singh.

Whereas places like Wishbeer were selling Craft beers, ciders etc. from smaller manufacturers. So how do these small guys now sell their product? 

Difficult

26 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I wouldn't order online anyway, where I live 5 minutes away we have a makro and Tesco's me or the midget passing can stop and get a box, I understand if you only have a bike not easy 

I've never had a problem transporting alcohol on my bike.

Presumably they could have just told the delivery drivers not to hand over alcohol to teens and children.

Same as they tell 7-11 staff.

• Like 2

I order online at Top's. It's cheaper to buy a case than 1 or 2 at mom and pop or 7/11. Free delivery 888bht. Just looked at their website. They offer instore purchase free delivery at 1500bht also can call to order. 

I know this doesn't help quality wine and import beer drinkers. But maybe in the next 90 days places like wishbeer can improvise a similar way of sales??? 

1 hour ago, CLW said:

ridiculous and pathetic.

But also easy to circumvent their childish laws.

Sent a motorcycle driver/courier/grab to your favorite booze shop, buy it and let him deliver.

Person-to-person sales. Problem solved.

That's what I would do if I own a shop such as wishbeer etc....

I was wondering about call-in ordering... Pick up the phone, tell them what you want, they tally the order and give you a price, then send it out for delivery and payment...  Just like they would with an online order.

They could even do the payment via bank card over the phone, but probably don't want to entrust the phone answering staff with writing down and process telephone bank card charges.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was wondering about call-in ordering... Pick up the phone, tell them what you want, they tally the order and give you a price, then send it out for delivery and payment...  Just like they would with an online order.

They could even do the payment via bank card over the phone, but probably don't want to entrust the phone answering staff with writing down and process telephone bank card charges.

Top's does

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That might be an option, i will have to check, but then maybe it will not work as it could be construed as a straw sale and I am sending it to a home full of kids to party with.  This is the sort of reasoning this government employs.

We have a long standing arrangement with a local grog wholesaler. They deliver out our way every week and will supply whatever you want in the way of wine, beer, and spirits. All it takes is a phone call and cash on delivery. It might be worth visiting a wholesaler in your area to set something up. 

P.S. no questions about kids parties are asked so you should be safe ????

28 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

We have a long standing arrangement with a local grog wholesaler. They deliver out our way every week and will supply whatever you want in the way of wine, beer, and spirits. All it takes is a phone call and cash on delivery. It might be worth visiting a wholesaler in your area to set something up. 

P.S. no questions about kids parties are asked so you should be safe ????

The problem is finding a true wine wholesaler who has the types of wine needed instead of the Thai <deleted>. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

... the prime minister, after getting advice from the National Alcoholic Beverage Policy Committee, announced that sales or “other actions” related to the selling of alcoholic beverages via electronic channels will be prohibited.

The National Alcoholic Beverage Policy Committee, at their annual conference ...

Temperance Movement

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The problem is finding a true wine wholesaler who has the types of wine needed instead of the Thai <deleted>. 

There are several on the internet with physical outlets. Search for Imported wines Thailand. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just how the hell am I going to carry 2 cases of wine from the place I order my wine from.  Looks like I will have to order it at the store, push it to the street and take a taxi home with it.  Glad my wine refrigerator is still fairly well stocked.  There reasoning just defies all logic, and will now cut those companies who had a fair market share to either fold or have to become store fronts, instead of just a warehouse distributor.  Sounds like some people felt they were not getting there cut and this is the way to ensure it happens.  Using the excuse to restrict youngsters from buying it online is just pure idiocy. 

You need one more somchai in the middle with a pickup. No, it does not make any sense whatsoever.