Sale of alcoholic beverages to be banned via electronic channels

webfact

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I was wondering about call-in ordering... Pick up the phone, tell them what you want, they tally the order and give you a price, then send it out for delivery and payment...  Just like they would with an online order.

They could even do the payment via bank card over the phone, but probably don't want to entrust the phone answering staff with writing down and process telephone bank card charges.

if the shop gives you his mobile phone number and has prompt pay enabled, that's enough to transfer the money

• Thanks 1

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday (September 8 ) scotched rumours of a coup d’etat, telling the press they were pure nonsense."

However, it did not keep him from crushing on-line sales.  Seems he must have scotched it all up wonder if it was Glenlivet

• Haha 1

Not such a bad idea. Except nothing works in Thailand. During the booze ban village shops were still selling alcohol. I even saw a policeman buying whisky. Too much drinking going on in general. Creates huge social problems. Just go to a shop and buy your poison. You don't need to do it online

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ianf said:

Not such a bad idea. Except nothing works in Thailand. During the booze ban village shops were still selling alcohol. I even saw a policeman buying whisky. Too much drinking going on in general. Creates huge social problems. Just go to a shop and buy your poison. You don't need to do it online

Thats part of the primary issue. 

These ‘Bans’ (online sales, selling alcohol near schools) actually achieve nothing and circumnavigate the genuine issues with a an outrageous degree of sanctimonious hypocrisy. 

Those in positions of decision making power don’t care if kids get their hands on alcohol, they only care that they don’t take criticism when it happens - their naivety is glossed with their ego filled arrogance as believe a media announcement and a ‘ban’ or a ‘crack down’ takes care of these issues. 

The reality is the organised, above broad, legal places selling alcohol responsibly are penalised where as every other place selling whatever it wants when it wants continues in any place without an electrical sign out front or without an official 'online store’.

The response as always, knee-jerk, juvenile and ultimately continuing to enable the absolute laziness of those who should be enforcing the perfectly reasonable laws. i.e. Police being incredibly ineffective. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What? Where in the world did you get that information? 

Yes I laughed when I read it. Took me 7 years to get a phone line even though it stopped 2 houses down from me. Internet was always dropping and cutting out and never ever got the speeds I was paying for oh and our mobiles only worked in half the house even though we could see the mast 300m away well maybe 250m.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

is there another country in the world that limit the sales to certain hours ?

lol

if you want to get drunk at home ...

England used to be like that, Scotland the pubs where closed on Sundays 

Do they include telephones as an electronic channel?

I would have thought that some enterprising person would host a website abroad with product details and prices, and give a local call centre number to contact. Even simpler would be to send SMS with your order and pay on delivery. I would like to see how they stop that.

6 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

I wonder how much money wended its way from Thai Bev to the cabinet rooms to facilitate this wee bit of corruption? 

Would e-commerce not be a good thing for Thai Bev?  They seem to have much to gain.  This government has it in for alcohol period ... not sure why.

31 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Would e-commerce not be a good thing for Thai Bev?  They seem to have much to gain.  This government has it in for alcohol period ... not sure why.

The supermarkets have long been fighting this and the space in those stores is leased to big booze who make a killing there. There is also deep paranoia about the rise of craft and boutique brews, which is at best absurd given the fact it's but a pinprick, and this is deemed a threat because of that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

So companies like wishbeer get wiped out? 

Would they not meet at the delivery? 

I guess alcohol is delivered to an address but the consumer does not have to be there to accept it in person?