Sale of alcoholic beverages to be banned via electronic channels

webfact

7 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

Time for an election with international monitors and get rid of these power mongering corrupt incompetent fools

The only way....... I've said it for years, peaceful mass protests and international intervention during elections....... Otherwise it's same old same old........... 

7 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Come to 2000 century! You can easily prove byuer age in electrically also! You have one of the most fast internet in planet, still you love paper! Not use all good things what you can do in electronic way!

No thank you I much prefer the 21st century.

8 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

So companies like wishbeer get wiped out? 

No, because all you have to do is phone them and give them your credit/debit card number and address. This government is too dumb to realise that not everything has to be carried out on the internet, and is simply turning the clock back 20 years and making people return to the pre-internet way of doing this. Repressive, not Progressive is the government's slogan - or should be.

Complete and utter nonsense. The whole alcohol buying rules in this country are a complete fiasco. 

We do our main supply run about once every two weekends and because we go to Pattaya Klang, like to get to the shops before the roads get crowded. We're back home well before 11am, which means that one of us has to make a special trip later in the day to buy my booze. 

While I'm at it, why do a lot of Thai shops open so late in the morning. Again you have the problem of the traffic on returning from somewhere like Tuk Kom because you hit the lunchtime build up on the way back. Rant over.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rott said:

One hates to be pedantic but the 20th century has been and gone. 2000 was the last year of that century. 

This current one is the 21st century which began in 2001 and will finish in 2100.

This in no way contradicts the sentiments expressed in your otherwise erudite post. 

Have a good day. 

I think he knows wjat he was saying. We may all live in the 21st, they are still in 19!

8 hours ago, rott said:

One hates to be pedantic but the 20th century has been and gone. 2000 was the last year of that century. 

This current one is the 21st century which began in 2001 and will finish in 2100.

This in no way contradicts the sentiments expressed in your otherwise erudite post. 

Have a good day. 

I think he knows what he was saying. We may all live in the 21st, they are still in 19!

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Whereas places like Wishbeer were selling Craft beers, ciders etc. from smaller manufacturers. So how do these small guys now sell their product?

ring ring....

Hello. Wishbeer here. How can I help you?

I'd like a case of xxx and another of xxx please. My credit card number is ....

Thank you for your order. It will be delivered to you within 24 hours.

Not difficult. The government is simply turning the clock back to pre-internet days. Regressive Not Progressive, like so much that the government does.

Only adults have credit cards. Perhaps the government doesn't know that.

9 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Come to 2000 century! You can easily prove byuer age in electrically also! You have one of the most fast internet in planet, still you love paper! Not use all good things what you can do in electronic way!

Sorry, that's too far in the future for me to be concerned. 

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Do they include telephones as an electronic channel?

I would have thought that some enterprising person would host a website abroad with product details and prices, and give a local call centre number to contact. Even simpler would be to send SMS with your order and pay on delivery. I would like to see how they stop that.

All it needs is for companies such as Wishbeer to have one of these.

OIP.jpg

Edited by Bangkok Barry

Who on earth buys alcohol on line? Is it colder when it arrives??   More "Thaipidity".  Obviously, this is aimed at any who would dare to invade the territory of the huge beer conglomerates. Cambodia will probably follow suit. They now have an LM law after seeing how beautifully, the Thai law worked in controlling speech.

3 hours ago, ianf said:

Not such a bad idea. Except nothing works in Thailand. During the booze ban village shops were still selling alcohol. I even saw a policeman buying whisky. Too much drinking going on in general. Creates huge social problems. Just go to a shop and buy your poison. You don't need to do it online

Disagree Ianf. My missus likes to drink Lambrusco; a bit sweet for me. The only places to purchase are in Bangkok by online. I can wander down to Mom/Pop to get some Regency any old time. During the booze ban, these online shops did not sell but the Mom/Pops did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

All it needs is for companies such as Wishbeer to have one of these.

OIP.jpg

I'm not sure I remember how to order by phone. I think last time was early 90's. Maybe I should get a telefax or a couple of carrier pigeons.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

This includes direct selling, persuading, introducing the product or related services via electronic channels that enable sellers and consumers to complete a sale without physically meeting.

Not sure exactly what this statement means, but would guess. You have to go to the store and physically order and pick up from the store in person.

I buy a lot of wine from wine connections and pay the VAT tax with a CC. Its great to go on their site and see what they have in stock or on sale. They send out emails on specials.

Guessing they can't have a web site on line now. 

From reading the one line that is all cut now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

One of the main causes of revolution, is when the government denies the right of the suffering to self-anesthetize. Ample drugs and alcohol should be available to all, to make life more bearable and considerably shorter.

That's what CCCP did with vodka. In hindsight it seems that it worked. Fire up the stills, free laukhao for all!

are 99 % of the thaivisa readers alcohol addicted ? (it is a question , because nothing gets such a big response like this- and all responses  _so far I have red- are extremely upset about the announcement of beverages to be banned via electronic channels.)
by the way, this would also explain many other responses you can read from thaivisa readers.)
Just as a reminder: alcohol does have   THE most  evil impact from all " drugs" by number. Most (?) violent felonies are done under the influence of alcohol, its the number one reason in road accidents, immense harm done to the body,  the damage done to the whole society (incl. economical) is huge.
I am not sure, that the prohibition of online sale is a good thing, but it seems, all these readers are not interested in arguments and pro and contra.  It seems just to be a hysterical outcry like people  who are addicted do, when they fear, their inflow of the  drug will be limited.

Sorry , just my impression ...

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, dieter1 said:

THE most  evil impact from all " drugs" by number

It's certainly the most popular drug, & yup, some people do dreadful things while under the influence. Heroin, is also a terrible drug, which makes people violent in their quest to get a hit.

Does this mean though that companies, supermarkets & etc can no longer order on line...?

I suspect that this is tied up with Diageo, but haven't worked out how or why yet.

https://www.diageo.com/en/our-business/where-we-operate/asia-pacific/diageo-moët-hennessy-thailand/

Thoughts about this, anyone....?

• Like 1

I use(d) online ordering for things that are not easy to find locally, be it a special wine or a specific imported beer. Guessing that this is the primary use of online booze shops. Fail to understand how this ban could help eliminate under age sales in a meaningful manner. 

I am pretty sure my Kids could go to any local Mom&Pop and buy any alcohol they want. 

How easy would it have been to mandate an age verification step in the online purchase? 

• Like 2

So, If for example I wanted to order a case of Wine from Chiang Mai to be delivered to Hua Hin, I will no longer be able to do it..............................Absolute pathetic control freaks. They are sending this country back to the stone age.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dieter1 said:

are 99 % of the thaivisa readers alcohol addicted ? (it is a question , because nothing gets such a big response like this- and all responses  _so far I have red- are extremely upset about the announcement of beverages to be banned via electronic channels.)
by the way, this would also explain many other responses you can read from thaivisa readers.)
Just as a reminder: alcohol does have   THE most  evil impact from all " drugs" by number. Most (?) violent felonies are done under the influence of alcohol, its the number one reason in road accidents, immense harm done to the body,  the damage done to the whole society (incl. economical) is huge.
I am not sure, that the prohibition of online sale is a good thing, but it seems, all these readers are not interested in arguments and pro and contra.  It seems just to be a hysterical outcry like people  who are addicted do, when they fear, their inflow of the  drug will be limited.

Sorry , just my impression ...

Well mate, i dont drink, yet i think it is bloody pathetic.

• Like 1