Sale of alcoholic beverages to be banned via electronic channels

webfact

I am so glad that Thailand is on lock down and that no International tourists will

be affected.  Sorry for the expats and trapped people, as well as the local

Thais who do enjoy the evil alcohol though.   Thank gosh for the Mom and Pop businesses

that I have shopped at so many times in the past, may they always be around.

Geezer

• Like 1

On my trips to see my wife in Bangkok 

I  have noticed  that  the possible  downfall  of Thailand  apart  from way too many  motor vehicles  and pollution 

Is the  way  Thai  drink  they  seem to  think drinking  booze  is  a way  of life 

And the young  unemplyed  well  I  have seen  first  hand the  drug problem  there 

Really  I  do not know the answer  the culture  seems  drinking booze  is normal  

Drugs  are also  a way of life for many young in Thailand  

The  huge  Crime lords  organisations  in the  provences  who  pay  for protection will  never stop  the  sale of drugs  at any level

Your  crime rate  is  up  your unemployment  is through the roof  your  Baht  is too high .....What  can be done  

God  or  Budha only knows

Good luck  Thailand

13 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Who on earth buys alcohol on line? Is it colder when it arrives??   More "Thaipidity".  Obviously, this is aimed at any who would dare to invade the territory of the huge beer conglomerates. Cambodia will probably follow suit. They now have an LM law after seeing how beautifully, the Thai law worked in controlling speech.

Wine is purchased on-line in large quantities to wine refrigerator's/cellar's, and has nothing to do with your impression of it being colder.  Purchasing the Hi-End spirits is also done by folks who do not enjoy Hong Thong, Pipers, and Lao Kow, not to mention the swill they try to sell as wine from within this country.  Buying one or two bottles at a time is not practical for many, as ability to transport the quantity needed sometimes is not easily undertaken.

32 minutes ago, Keesters said:

I pay for 200/200 but in reality it's no more than 20% of that.

Exactly! That was what I thought. I have a 1 Gbit and it shows 930 Mbit on speedtest. However, that is not true either. As for example when I download something. Let´s say from Microsoft or a Google website. They are quick. Then I usually get a speed of 12Gb down. That would mean a speed of 96 Mbit in reality as 1 Mb is 8 Mbit.

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

If I were an underage drinker, I'd buy all my booze online. In Australia, they just leave it on your doorstep if you're not around. 

I was underage drinking 50 years ago managed fine without electronic anything,  just saying, will it make any difference? I think not.

3 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

I was underage drinking 50 years ago managed fine without electronic anything,  just saying, will it make any difference? I think not.

Yeah I get that, but 50 years ago we didn't have to carry ID around. I'm tall, so I used to get away with it too. Thais do, so easy to detect underage drinkers on the door of a venue, but not online. 

Here we go again, the leaders of this country are spending a lot of time and effort to remain

a backward country. It becomes obvious the "alcohol mafia" is in charge.

There is no other reason why gowned up, responsible people could not buy alcohol online,

it just does not make an sense.

"I drink to make other people more interesting"   Ernest Hemingway

On 9/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Really tell me how so?

YOU obviously didn't bother to read the complete thread.     NO problem Sir.

A tiny thing line online alcohol sales  causes such turmoil with so many who probably never order alcohol on line anyhow.

You failed to grasp that?

My instinct is that the Thai Government (it doesn't really matter which government) is always in cahoots with the big Sino-Thai conglomerates.The latter have seen Wishbeer and others open up a gap in the market.The lesson for most foreign operatives in Thailand is to fly under the radar and not attract too much attention from the likes of Central or Charoen.Even joint ventures can be risky if the local partner begins to feel the foreigner is making too much money (though I don't think Wishbeer were doing that well).Once the outsider is neutralised, the government will quietly backtrack on restrictive regulations so their Sino-Thai friends can clean up completely.

• 2 months later...