New PEA Electric Meters in Pattaya

Banana7

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

We have a digital 3 phase meter. When you repeatedly push the button it cycles the LED display to show different digital readings. After a few seconds the display defaults back to the "front page", if that makes sense.

The button is for information purposes only.

Good to know. I'll go push the button. I just didn't want to reset it or transmit an alarm.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Since this appears to be a range of meters made in Thailand it would need someone with better Thai than me to search for tha manual, anyonr help?

I'm gathering the information ???? currently on the nbtc site.

Will post it after diner.

3 hours ago, Banana7 said:

What does the white button do in the top right corner?

I will be sure later, but can say mostly they are for displaying status but which one I am not certain.

Mine is rotating trough all the usage information and when I push the button  (there are 3 on mine, colored green) it shows the voltage -and- turning on the backlight.

Will post more information, also about the other meter posted and mine which is an AMR (brand) meter used by MEA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've had them for around a year in the village where I live. I started a thread on this forum back then to ask about them but I can't find it now. A pity, as it had some useful information.

In theory, the meters may be remotely readable, but that's not what happens in practice, the guy still comes around on his scooter once a month to read the meter, print out the bill and stick it in your mailbox. Ever since they installed these, though, instead of just printing out the current month's bill, they also print out last month's and sometimes the two or three months before, resulting in reams of paper that I have to wade through to find the latest numbers.

My biggest concern was that my leccy bill would suddenly jump by 20% or more, I mean who trusts a monopoly supplier even in the West, right, never mind in Thailand? I haven't noticed anything unusual about the bills since the new meters were installed, but they seem to be using different models now and who can say how reliable they all are?

• Like 1

Most smart meters will display a default real time load along with some historical data depending on the level of smartness presented to the customer.  Other information is also available depending on meter manufacturer and supply authority requirements.

The displays usually provide easy to follow abbreviation for each parameter.

The single phase smart meter for my rent rooms is locked away in a main service area. Instruction for meter operation is placed next to the meters. Pressing a large blue button near the display scrolls through the following values :-

Real Time Load (default)

This Month Consumption
Last Month Consumption
Total consumption
Network ID
Account Number
Rate
Date 
Time 
Phase Voltage
Phase Current
Phase Frequency
Neutral Current
Maximum Load
Power Factor

Meter information is collected by a central server. Detailed information about energy usage at my room is available online.

• Like 1