BANGKOK
webfact

Koh Phangan: "Broken" foreign divers languishing in jail - expect deportation

'Attila,44, told Thaivisa that he first came to the country 20 years ago and fell in love with the country, its culture and ocean'

Probably not so keen on that culture now then, people who claim to love the culture rarely seem to know much about it though.

• Like 1

Well i wonder what they would do to me for stabbing and killing several Crown of thorns that i've come across on coral reefs over the years, the mind boggles. 

• Like 2

So they want to split the family up? wonder what his wife thinks about that?

Edited by ChipButty

I was just reading about the naga caves being closed due to “vandalism” by thais searching for the lottery numbers - obviously no witch hunt there - again another case of double standards. These guys brought it upon themselves but still .. 

• Like 2

"play with a crab on beach or swim and play with a sea cucumber, it helps to protect nature in their life in the future"

Try asking the crab or sea cucumber if it wants to be played (man handled) with. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Not able to apply for bail? not like the guy in Cha am 

• Like 1

L,am sure the thais are no angels when it comes to the seas or oceans.they never get caught or someone turns a blind eye.what they did is nothing really,just a pic only and the creature received no harm in the process

• Like 1

In the end there will be more detrimental harm splitting up a family than handling a sea creature that had no ill effect in the end. 

• Like 1

as many people comment its absurd disgusting and down right racist,look at the pollution and damage on any beach by thais and the reefs as many have said......really i hope the embassies of these people step in and say ok we will treat your people in the same way.hungary may well do that.its about time the embassy and diplomatic corp did what theyre supposed to and stand up for their cirizens in such absurd situations  pathetic again as usual,always have an excuse not to do what theyre here for

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Basically, it is simply a case of, "don't do what I do, do what I say".  Many others (Thais included) do much more damage to the "nature of the country".

good  job they didnt feed  that sea cucumber as  well otherwise they would already have been shot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1