No Increase to Aus Pension

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look on the bright side. You're in Thailand and not Melbourne.

OP, your pension is not nothing, and you will receive that. It's the $25 a fortnight that your bitching about, well why should you get it, you are not in the country, , you are not spending anything i

The pension did not increase because inflation was actually negative in Aust. Pension increases are linked to CPI increases - but payments were held not reduced (of course). There is no $25

Posted Images

The hike in the dollar against the baht has more then made up for any increase in the aged pension. Getting an extra baht now on every dollar on the maximum single person overseas pension is worth 1894 baht a month so Covid19 has been quite generous to us pensioners in Thailand.

Its not the same as getting 32baht to the dollar but the rise in dollar again does allow a few other luxuries now.

So stop your whinging ol mate.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

Is subtletly (sic) another way of saying nonsensical?

I find any one who feels the need to claim to be of an advanced culture is more likely to have been cultivated in a petri dish.

I honestly thought Australians had better humor detection than this. Perhaps I just meet the funny ones.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Poet said:

I honestly thought Australians had better humor detection than this. Perhaps I just meet the funny ones.

Did my humour go over your head?

I have never claimed the government pension so am not affected by changes, but for many here living on this type of income it's a very serious subject.

Edited by Old Croc
3 hours ago, Poet said:

The subtletly of my humor has been honed in more advanced cultures.

No, that would be exactly why the topic is such a rich vein. You should always make jokes about the things you're not meant to talk about.

Honing should not be taken so far one cuts oneself with it. The uncharitable might view your OP as a troll post.

Don't be shy, let us know your nationality. There's a clue in your escutcheon, although that may be a false flag.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Don't be shy, let us know your nationality.

Irish, and therefore entirely joking about being from a more advanced culture. We see the Australians as essentially the same as us, just a bit more criminal.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The uncharitable might view your OP as a troll post.

Honestly, the joke should have been obvious to anyone in the second sentence about having never even been to Australia. I don't know how I could have made it any clearer. That is not how trolls operate, they don't blow their pretence in their first post!

I will, however, avoid making jokes in Australian-oriented threads from now on. I am relieved, though, that a few people did get the joke.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Brer said:

The hike in the dollar against the baht has more then made up for any increase in the aged pension. Getting an extra baht now on every dollar on the maximum single person overseas pension is worth 1894 baht a month so Covid19 has been quite generous to us pensioners in Thailand.

Its not the same as getting 32baht to the dollar but the rise in dollar again does allow a few other luxuries now.

So stop your whinging ol mate.

Dont believe I said a word

• Haha 2

Americans get a cheque for $1,200 even if they live permanently in Thailand, Aussies get $50 a month but nowt if they live in Thailand, while Brits get nowt no matter where they live. For once, the British system is fair, ugh!

1 hour ago, Poet said:

Irish, and therefore entirely joking about being from a more advanced culture. We see the Australians as essentially the same as us, just a bit more criminal.

Honestly, the joke should have been obvious to anyone in the second sentence about having never even been to Australia. I don't know how I could have made it any clearer. That is not how trolls operate, they don't blow their pretence in their first post!

I will, however, avoid making jokes in Australian-oriented threads from now on. I am relieved, though, that a few people did get the joke.

Irish? We're just a bit more criminal? Jesus Joseph and Mary, have you watched Ray Donovan? Or Gangs of New York?

The problem, apart from me being a bit slow, is that your OP was ambiguous. You said you had never even been there, which could have meant Thailand. That's the way I read it.

Australians and the Irish have a certain affinity, both being rebels against authority. Some of your guys do make good footballers, once we have taught them how to handle a ball that isn't round.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

This has probably been said a thousand times on this site but you need to be careful that in taking steps to be eligible for the pension  you are not then  deemed to be a resident for the ATO. You've probably looked into that already.

So back to the beginning, where did the $25- extra per fortnight originate from?