No Increase to Aus Pension

6 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

but my money transferred to thai bank account only get 22.016 baht per $

When did you transfer and how.. the $Au has gone down since I posted that rate .. At the moment is at 22.33 Bt/1$Au ..on X-Rates..  It depends on how you transfer it too..  I find I get the best transfer rate using Transferwise.. others have their own favorite method.. but TW works for me.. When the Bt was at 22.80 I got 22.50  ... the 30 satang difference being for transfer charges.. as good as I can get I think.. Also.. I use Visa debit card for my transfers.. slightly more expensive but very quick.. suits me.. image.png.057333f83e0b29997df0338d91b70cf9.png

38 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

When did you transfer and how.. the $Au has gone down since I posted that rate .. At the moment is at 22.33 Bt/1$Au ..on X-Rates..  It depends on how you transfer it too..  I find I get the best transfer rate using Transferwise.. others have their own favorite method.. but TW works for me.. When the Bt was at 22.80 I got 22.50  ... the 30 satang difference being for transfer charges.. as good as I can get I think.. Also.. I use Visa debit card for my transfers.. slightly more expensive but very quick.. suits me.. image.png.057333f83e0b29997df0338d91b70cf9.png

I also use TW and find them good.

I was Using the Commonwealth Bank in Australia before TW and cost a lot more $aud to get same baht in bank here with fees and exchange rates.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, oznomad said:

Clarification. "Pensioners", not just aged pensioners.

3 minutes ago, oznomad said:

Clarification. "Pensioners", not just aged pensioners.

Who's eligible for the $250 payments?

It's not just pensioners.

If you receive any of the following payments or if you hold any of the following healthcare cards, then you're eligible:

Age pension

Disability Support Pension

Carer Payment

Family Tax Benefit, including the Double Orphan Pension (but not in receipt of a primary income support payment)

Carer Allowance (but not in receipt of a primary income support payment)

Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holders (not in receipt of primary income support payment)

Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders

eligible Veterans' Affairs payment recipients and concession card holders

Age Pension at the top of the list

Are you trying to be a smart ar$$

1 hour ago, ozfarang said:

Who's eligible for the $250 payments?

It's not just pensioners.

If you receive any of the following payments or if you hold any of the following healthcare cards, then you're eligible:

Age pension

Disability Support Pension

Carer Payment

Family Tax Benefit, including the Double Orphan Pension (but not in receipt of a primary income support payment)

Carer Allowance (but not in receipt of a primary income support payment)

Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holders (not in receipt of primary income support payment)

Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders

eligible Veterans' Affairs payment recipients and concession card holders

Age Pension at the top of the list

Guessing it was meant for expats here ,why a smart ass?

2 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Don't think he was.

In fact when I saw your post saying Aged Pension i checked because my wife is receiving a carers pension, not old enough to receive aged.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:46 PM, Meat Pie 47 said:

What are you talking about ? I do collect the OAP and I get 1065 AUD every fortnight I get electric allowances

rent allowances (sorry no phone) get cheap bus fares 2 trips on the train every year to different parts

of WA free, it is not 200 AUD per year, for me it is nearly 200 per fortnight. I can't complain at all.

Goody for you. I pay $20/month electricity for my condo in Chiang Rai, $400/ month rent. When you find a similar apartment in Perth with a pool to match that, let me know.

I travel all over Thailand in my own car. A train trip to Balladonia and back doesn't have the same appeal.

55 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Don't think he was.

In fact when I saw your post saying Aged Pension i checked because my wife is receiving a carers pension, not old enough to receive aged.

No, I wasnt.

Believe me, there would be no ambiguity if I was. ????

• 3 weeks later...