Still only two Phuket ASQ hotels, two more waiting to be approved by Bangkok

webfact

Still only two Phuket ASQ hotels, two more waiting to be approved by Bangkok

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1599639496_1-org.jpg

Phuket health officials conduct a site inspection for COVID- prevention compliance in July. Photo: PPHO / file

PHUKET: Two more hotels in Phuket have been inspected and approved by local health officials to serve as Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) venues, and are now waiting for approval from Bangkok, Phuket Provincial Health Office (PPHO) Chief Dr Thanit Sermkaew has confirmed.

Mr Thanit named the two hotels as the Metadee Phuket in Kata and the Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa in Patong.

The two hotels bring the total number of guest accommodation venues in Phuket officially approved to serve as ASQs to only four.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/still-only-two-phuket-asq-hotels-two-more-waiting-to-be-approved-by-bangkok-77256.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-09-09

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe the hotels think it's not worth the hassle

Yep, particularly if there is a chance they will be tainted with the 'covid hotel' description whenever conditions get back to a semblance of normality, particularly for the local tourist market.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Thanit named the two hotels as the Metadee Phuket in Kata and the Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa in Patong.

Interesting. Those are fairly cheap hotels, about 3000/baht a night. That might add up to about 50,000 Baht for the quarantine period, with tests etc included.

12 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Come on up to Loei ASQ and get an airy room with a view.  Plenty of isolation. Somdam and sticky rice included for only 500 Baht per day.  Free parking. Price includes double-occupancy mosquito net and a mat.

image.png.6098624abf3239a1b2d9135c0f5160c9.png

Does this include buffalo rides?  Foot massage? Karaoke Set with cuties? Sangsom?  Short time girls? Swimming hole?  Lao kao happy hour?  7-11 nearby?  Local tv for lakorn soap operas? Free wifi for FB?

22 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Does this include buffalo rides?  Foot massage? Karaoke Set with cuties? Sangsom?  Short time girls? Swimming hole?  Lao kao happy hour?  7-11 nearby?  Local tv for lakorn soap operas? Free wifi for FB?

That's a nice view of the mountains and surrounding flora. Enjoy it.  

• Thanks 1

How about a couple of those hotels in Bangkok, Hua Hin, Pattaya or Jomtien Beach, etc.

I believe that most International travellers want a choice of where they have to

be quarantined for their first 2 weeks in the country.  Any news about this

situation?

Geezer

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 4:06 PM, ChakaKhan said:

I don't know about all the extras, but back in the day, you could get a not-so-cutie short time girl for 30 Baht or so.  2520 was a good year. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I don't know about all the extras, but back in the day, you could get a not-so-cutie short time girl for 30 Baht or so.  2520 was a good year. 

30 baht!  Granny rate?   Im proud to say I have lots of time on my hands to score cuties for free.....I enjoy the challenge as paying for it just ruins the exp for me.......please look into the extras before I book your ASQ

On 9/9/2020 at 12:36 PM, nkg said:

Interesting. Those are fairly cheap hotels, about 3000/baht a night. That might add up to about 50,000 Baht for the quarantine period, with tests etc included.

The Graceland runs about 35,000 baht per week.  That's approx. 70,000 baht for the quarantine period.  I'd be curious how much the over charges will be for testing, extra cleaning, brown envelopes, etc. etc.

5 hours ago, ourdon said:

The Graceland runs about 35,000 baht per week.  That's approx. 70,000 baht for the quarantine period.  I'd be curious how much the over charges will be for testing, extra cleaning, brown envelopes, etc. etc.

Two tests for 4000, twenty four meals for 3000, 3 cleanings for 500.  Oops, forgot the 10,000 for the taxi from the airport. 150k all in sounds about right. Readily available in BKK for 50k.

How many little hotels in Phuket have exterior access? They would be perfect for this. With the right hotels you could easily do this for 30k and they would be happy for the money.