Biden leads Trump by 12 points nationally among likely voters - Reuters/Ipsos poll

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

We've heard all of this before. There is no enthusiasm for Biden, let alone Harris. Nobody, NOBODY wants to see this witch an 80 year olds heartbeat away from the presidency.

It's done folks!

Pence is a lot of things but he is not a witch.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump is cascading towards the greatest humiliation of his sad life. And he will be relegated to a life of obscurity, and a dwindling mini empire, with a name so radioactive, nobody in their right mind will want to touch it. He deserves that. He has worked hard for that.

The planet will rejoice. A bit of humanity will return, and respect for allies, and dismissal of despots will become the norm again. Imagine such a thing?

I wish I could be that optimistic. He will lose the election for sure but its clear by now that he will still be very hard to remove.

Also if he can be evicted from the white house he will still have his well armed base of white supremacist grievance and if he can dodge prison he will continue to lead them from his new OAN media empire.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pence is a lot of things but he is not a witch.

Actually he's not very much at all. Can't wait for the vice presidential debates - if Pence dares to turn up!

Actually, I would have preferred the Democrat ticket to be reversed. Harris would have been one of the great presidents.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wish I could be that optimistic. He will lose the election for sure but its clear by now that he will still be very hard to remove.

Also if he can be evicted from the white house he will still have his well armed base of white supremacist grievance and if he can dodge prison he will continue to lead them from his new OAN media empire.

You may be right. Or wrong. I think most of his supporters do not like a loser. And many see him fading before their eyes. His command of speech, his ability to transport that 300 lb. mass around, and his passion all seem to be on the wane. He is aging fast. I think he will become irrelevant, and control of the GOP will be wrestled away from him. And if he is unwilling to leave the very White House, he will be unceremoniously ushered out by Federal Marshalls. Now, that would be a sight to see. Don in tears!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump is cascading towards the greatest humiliation of his sad life. And he will be relegated to a life of obscurity, and a dwindling mini empire, with a name so radioactive, nobody in their right mind will want to touch it. He deserves that. He has worked hard for that.

The planet will rejoice. A bit of humanity will return, and respect for allies, and dismissal of despots will become the norm again. Imagine such a thing?

He won me some nice money the last time. 4/1 odds. He will win again unless they take Biden away.

Sounds like you have a bit of a resentment there like all anti-Trump supremacists.

• Like 2

How many times has Trump done shockingly appalling stupid things and then the polls just tighten up again. Just him being in the news, good or bad, seems to keep him up in the polls. It seems like some people like Trump's go for it attitude and think there will always be someone sensible to reel him in if necessary. But what if it is 100 per cent yes men around him and there's no one to reel him in. I'll give him one thing - he hasn't started wars. 12 points is one of the highest gaps I've seen. You beauty. 

I think Biden has improved a bit. His gaffes seemed to mainly happen when he was trying to be young and spritely and entertaining . He is best when he accepts he is a bit old and just talks sincerely and straight.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, he will be taking over OAN - and in a dog-fight with Murdoch for the right wing cable viewers - but social media is the future - and neither Trump nor Murdoch (who bought Myspace - remember that - probably not) - have any capabilities there

Trump wants to hand over the Republican party to his kids in a dynastic succession - but according to the conservative law professor John Eastman - lauded by Trump himself - they should not be eligible to run for president as their mother, Melania, was not a US citizen at the time of their birth.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

How many times has Trump done shockingly appalling stupid things and then the polls just tighten up again. Just him being in the news, good or bad, seems to keep him up in the polls. It seems like some people like Trump's go for it attitude and think there will always be someone sensible to reel him in if necessary. But what if it is 100 per cent yes men around him and there's no one to reel him in. I'll give him one thing - he hasn't started wars. 12 points is one of the highest gaps I've seen. You beauty. 

I think Biden has improved a bit. His gaffes seemed to mainly happen when he was trying to be young and spritely and entertaining . He is best when he accepts he is a bit old and just talks sincerely and straight.  

Comrade Putin is always there to provide sufficient doses of assistance for Trump like in 2016. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/exclusive--russian-state-hackers-suspected-in-targeting-biden-campaign-firm---sources-13097902

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vinci said:

can someone give direction on how to register to vote abroad

Here is a good place to start...

Federal Voting Assistance Program

Make sure you act quickly. Time is running out to register in most States and get an Absentee ballot before the election.

Edited by Silurian
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Thats the good news.

Here's the bad news. 

If Biden wins the popular vote by less than 3 percent he easily loses though 2 is much better odds than 2.

4 percent and its about 50 50.

At 5 percent he almost definitely wins.

What kind of democracy it where you need to win by 5 percent to be sure of winning?

An outdated system of voting is the real problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1