Pattaya Smart City enters the digital era with electric "baht buses"

Pattaya Smart City enters the digital era with electric "baht buses"

101pm.jpg

Pattaya's mayor met with a senior executive from Toyota at City Hall to work on a pilot project to promote the use of electric vehicles.

Mayor Sontaya Khunpluem said this was all part of his digital vision for Pattaya as a "Smart City" modernizing things like transport, traffic and helping the environment. 

10pm.jpg

So he was working with Suraphoom Udomwong from Toyota on the xEV Demonsrtation project that is expected to get underway come April next year. 

Toyota will supply three kinds of vehicles for the pilot: song thaews (that the expatriate locals call baht buses) will be used to ferry tourists around, buses from the airport (77 khaoded did not mention which one) to Pattaya will use hydrogen technology and courtesy cars used by some hotels will be eco friendly electric ones. 

The project will be ratified in November when further details are expected. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-10

• Like 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But how will they charge these electric baht buses. No suitable plugs at home. maybe we will be seeing many wires  from power  poles into the vehicles!

i hope they will also remove the horn on these vehicles it would be a great improvement for the sound environment these idiots horn non stop as soon as they see a foreigner  even if he

they come with a 22km long cable.

Posted Images

I assume this will mean there have to be dedicated EV Songthaew Charing stations stationed around the city or we’ll find abandoned EV Songthaews that haven’t been charged. 

Will arguments ensue as Somchai in his diesel songthaew parks in an EV charging spot?

• Like 2

It should all be city sponsored. They cannot expect the songtaew owners to invest, nor maintain. And this is NOT about the digital age. This is about the year 2020. Let's get with it guys. Thailand is way behind the electric/hybrid curve, to the point of being embarrassing. If the officials only had any pride. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

But how will they charge these electric baht buses. No suitable plugs at home.

maybe we will be seeing many wires  from power  poles into the vehicles!

DRIVERS of said electric buses......take the battery home and charges it.....along with  a spare battery......( I am a clever ***tard am I NOT ????)

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

i hope they will also remove the horn on these vehicles

it would be a great improvement for the sound environment

these idiots horn non stop as soon as they see a foreigner 

even if he is walking on the other side of the street and going

on the oposite direction

they are horny.

• Like 1