Cabinet to consider special tourist visa next week: TAT

webfact

On 9/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, worgeordie said:

If this happens and the new Visa comes into force, Its

a major turn around for the Thai Government,who when

things were good,only wanted tourists whom only stayed

a couple of weeks ,spending as much money as possible.

Now the opportunity to stay up to 9 months,(if it's passed)

what a difference, now if only they would think a little about

retirees and expats living and working here,and do away with

the 90 day reporting........please

regards Worgeordie

There is no detail in the article as to how this visa will work/ quarantine/ what countries will be allowed.

It is pie in the sky at this stage although the 90 day 2x renewal sounds good, the price is right.

As above it would be nice to see some relaxing of the visa rules, for people that are long term, I am in that group, and have contributed a my fair share to LOS, have a son and family and contribute long term.

This needs to be addressed, my wife can stay in NZ for ever she has a residence visa, my son has 2 passports can stay in both countries but me, I have to go through all the <deleted> as all in the same boat do , fight to stay in Thailand and look after my son, family house ect, pay the bills and contribute to the system.

We do not treat Thais in NZ the same way, the government needs to wise up and look after expats that are long term.

On tourism resuming --- Thailand has just been guaranteed priority as have a few other asian countries, for access to its vaccine, which may be available from the end of October, this now seems to be the likely scenario.

Once the Chinese vaccine starts getting pumped into Thailand and surrounding countries we will see the first major influx of tourists being from China, possibly before Xmas.

The rest of Europe will have to wait for the Oxford vaccine or the Pfizzer version to be rolled out.

I would also take a bet that the Russians will flow in behind the Chinese with a dose of Sputnik V5 under their skin.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:41 PM, Mavideol said:

wishful thinking, that one is on the top of their stupidity,,,, 1 year visa or extension of stay why there's a need for 90 reporting, why, why and why

i just paid 25,000 baht for a 15 month visa , if this new visa comes in it would be 10,000 baht for 15 months typical thais screw you for as much as possible and not take care of retirees and  expats , i t was my first visa and i had to pay an agent to do it instead of 800,000 baht in the bank