Cabinet to consider special tourist visa next week: TAT

webfact

37 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

When will the Thai government learn that nobody wants to go to Thailand if they have to stay in quarantine???

Why the Bar girl maths thinking of the quaranine hotel prices?  I would have thought the hotels would be competing to have some guests and have super low fees... this really smells... some large comisions are going you know where...

• Like 2

Just now, Raphus said:

The threat of a coup seems to be finally making them pull their finger out.

That one doesn't really have to do with tourism that much. Sure, economy is suffering and that will cause people to join the cause, but the root reasons are from before covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raphus said:

The threat of a coup seems to be finally making them pull their finger out.

What are you talking about? Don't believe everything you read in newspapers. This idea about a long stay visa came up weeks ago. It only shows they are desperate. 

4 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

and after 9 months, do a border run and come back for another 9 months.

No health insurance, no 800k in bank, no nothing.

Just enjoy and as a sweetener, you can buy land and build your dream home.

Visitors should always have health insurance and access to adequate funds but why a need for any border run?

A visa issued within Thailand should be as valid as one issued outwith Thailand - all you need to do is be physically present at an immigration office when issued - an office that has a holding cell that is.

15 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Previously farang who stayed more than 30 days were considered criminals, rounded up, fined, and deported.  Not long now they will have Big Joke back rounding up tourists at the airport, treating them like criminals, having big photo ops and fining them for leaving too EARLY haha!

J: So why are you here in IDC Bob?

B: Well I tried to leave Thailand at day 89 of my Visa, and I understayed.

J: Wow and I thought touching a sea slug was bad.

B: Yeo, so 6 months in Jail and a 100,000 baht fine for understaying.

J: Well thats one way for Thailand to get its tourist money.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, aussienam said:

And like always, NEVER any news of retirees being allowed back on the currently suspended Non Imm O & O-A visas (unless you are married and/or married/spouse with Thai child) continues.  

Retirees are being treated with zero consideration.  Thousands of us stranded abroad, yet special tourist visas have become more of a priority and will sidestep retirees with their 800,000 baht bank deposits.  WHY? 

Coz you have already invest Thailand , already get most of your money! They try get new "fish" in hook!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

wishful thinking, that one is on the top of their stupidity,,,, 1 year visa or extension of stay why there's a need for 90 reporting, why, why and why

Yes, why can't they just ask to be notified if the residential address changes? In any case, they know the address from the TM30. Is it not linked up?

2 minutes ago, djuiiy said:

for 3 weeks now i've been saying November is the reopening of Thailand. I'm still sticking with it. I've seen nothing to suggest Thailand will be closed in November.

Yes ok, they will open but with what restrictions? I have many friends and family waiting for come, but they will not if have to do quarantine and many other requisites

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I remember when they did away with the double-entry tourist visa and replaced it with the 6-month-multiple entry one. I actually thought they were making it easier. Then when we looked through how to obtain one - it was all just a ruse.

If Thailand has taught me anything, it's that the government can never just give something with no strings. it's always something with caveats attached. And it's usually a worse deal. All fur coat and no knickers. 

I wait to be proven wrong.

I always found the multi-entry TR relatively easier to get, and fast to process.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djuiiy said:

for 3 weeks now i've been saying November is the reopening of Thailand. I'm still sticking with it. I've seen nothing to suggest Thailand will be closed in November.

Highly doubt it.  The entire world's governments have fear-mongered the death out of covid.  Their is about to be a 2nd wave (media created I'm sure).  

Side effect of that fear creation, is a country like thailand can't suddenly pretend it's nothing.  They made their bed and have to lie in it.  You have seen the hysteria over just a person or two getting it, and the entire town going empty for a week after.

And they don't mind, it just makes prime property for the wealthy to buy at pennies.  Wealthy are getting wealthier right now.  Look at stock markets climbing to verify that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zekelin said:

Yes ok, they will open but with what restrictions? I have many friends and family waiting for come, but they will not if have to do quarantine and many other requisites

my guess is selected countries only, and 'self isolation' which can be ignored.

20 minutes ago, djuiiy said:

For 6 month's now TAT has been saying: next month we let tourist back in!

November: TAT make bran new rules for expats, can see family if have only one leg

December: TAT say everybody who wear Santa Claus costume can enter to Kingdom

January 2021: TAT release new program "idea" new year dance for farang's in Phuket

February 2021: TAT make full moon party in Pattay ( 0 participator)

March 2021: TAT buy private jet to head of office that he can go pick up tourist's from China (but forget Mao Zedong already dead)

April 2021: Covid vaccine release but TAT has forget how open border's! So they open new brothel in Bangkok coz sound almost same in they ear!

Edited by 2 is 1

9 minutes ago, Jackson B said:

I always found the multi-entry TR relatively easier to get, and fast to process.

I found the double-entry visa a piece of p***.

2,000 baht and a visit to any Thai embassy or consulate. No need for proof of income, letter from employer or hotel bookings, etc. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

The devil will be in the details of this visa, and as been demonstrated many times over the years Thailand has good intentions but the execution and implantation are always murky and lacking in coherent details, let's wait and see...

Yes, I've seen some real rubbish implants that have been done here.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Questions people will want to know are what hoops do they have to jump through to get one, can they be obtained in country (i.e. people already here and wanting to stay longer) or are they only obtainable through a Thai embassy together with all the paperwork that has become one of the biggest obstacles facing possible visitors, together with insurance, and the forced overpriced quarantine etc.

Certainly, you will need to fly back to your passport-country - even if you haven't lived there in decades - to "apply" for this - like the TR-ME Visa - for many, adding additional quarantine time to the process.

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:
5 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

and after 9 months, do a border run and come back for another 9 months.

No health insurance, no 800k in bank, no nothing.

Just enjoy and as a sweetener, you can buy land and build your dream home.

Now that is wishful thinking 

Indeed.  How could they sell overpriced elite-visas, if they did that?   And far too many would come and spend money - allowing to many poorer Thais a way out of poverty - the last thing the Elite want.  They don't want them to have jobs; they bring in "disposable" Cambodians, etc to ensure they don't get them.

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Maybe if we didn't have to keep 400/800 baht in the bank we would spend more time in the hotels.So they would need less tourist to make everyone happy. A happy ending?

Yes - They force money OUT of the economy by haranguing those who use income for extension-financials, lock up folk's money with bank-money restrictions, burn piles of "would have been spent" cash with the Elite and forced-agent payoffs to immigration, etc.  The "new" (ish) 5/10 OX visa forces visitors to put even more money in the "cannot spend" pile. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

The devil will be in the details of this visa, and as been demonstrated many times over the years Thailand has good intentions but the execution and implantation are always murky and lacking in coherent details, let's wait and see...

Yes.... how about re-entry?