Pink ID

37 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

Probably worth getting if you can, but a DL carries more 'credibility'

A Thai DL (which I have) will not allow you to register on Mor Prom (as incredibly stupid as that sounds). 

That's what really annoys me about Mor Prom.  Up until this, having a Thai Driver's license meant there was absolutely no reason to have a Pink card (that I am aware of).  Now it is mandatory to register for vaccination!

IMHO, all that should be required to register as a foreigner on Mor Prom is a passport number and proof of visa, or a valid Thai drivers license...PERIOD.

The government should be doing everything possible to get as many people (including foreigners) vaccinated as quickly as possible since every person (Thai or foreigner) that's vaccinated, is one less person that can spread the virus to the general population. 

Instead, they put up this major roadblock to vaccinations by requiring a Pink Card which is proving to be a convoluted and complicated process if you are a renter. 

NOT SMART IMHO, considering the rising case counts lately!!!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Go to pattaya city hall on pattaya nua

See document requirements below

yellow.jpg

These requirements sound insane, considering that I already have a Thai driver's license, have a signed one year lease for my condo and can provide my landlord's blue book

I mean this is ludicrous!

• "A Thai guarantee by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of my passport",
  • "A guarantee certificate from embassy of birth certificate, translated by the Institute of Translate"
  • A Thai witness with ID Card and house Paper"

Jumping through hoops to get a YELLOW book so that I can apply for a PINK card (when I already have a superior form of government-issued photo ID in my Thai Driver's License.  This takes the definition of RED tape to a new whole new nonsensical level!

ALl of this just to get registered for a vaccination when I already have everything that proves my identity, my official address, and a one year signed lease.

The government should be everything possible to get everyone (Thai and non-Thai) vaccinated ASAP, NOT creating roadblocks to that happening!  I mean,  every person immunized is one less person that can spread the virus to the general population!

Edited by WaveHunter

On 9/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, Susco said:

A pink ID is nothing more than a confirmation of your address. It caries the same number as your yellow tabien baan, and is actually the same in CC format, with that extra that it has your picture.

Thanks Susco---that saves me asking the question... so the ID number is  an 11 digit

4xxx-0xxxxx-0  number which will be the same number as your yellow book number.

Some hospitals are posting a QR code for directed registration , but the form that comes through on Line ask for ID number.

So--  if you haven't already- please join line.

& if you don't know --then get your Thai GF to show you how QR code works

This is a QR Code -- BUT THIS IS NOT THE HOSPITAL ONE

SAMPLE Q.R CODE

Scanning a QR Code from Samsung phone | Samsung Australia

1 hour ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

just go to your Municipal (with Thai Translator), find out if they will do it and what they want.

expect process to be VERY difficult and time- consuming (as mine was) for zero material benefit

pointless applying western ideas of fairness, logic & customer service 

combined with multiple forum statements and questions getting you nowhere........

suggest also to forget govt vax schemes, they are not for us here mate.

Use Private Hospital ........

I have to say I'm beginning to agree with you 100%!  Firstly, I was never a fan of getting a non-Western version of the vaccine.  I really believe the Asian versions are inferior in spite of government assurances to the contrary.  I think I'll wait until I can get a vaccine with proven superior efficacy and safety.

Secondly, I think the upbeat "official" announcement that foreigners were respected as an important aspect of the vaccine rollout and would "be eligible" beginning is June was said just to placate them, and nothing more.  I mean, what does "be eligible" even mean?  And why have no more details been made available?  It all seems to amount to meaningless political rhetoric.

The convoluted nature of the MorProm app that requires a Pink Card instead of a Thai Driver's licence (or even more simply, just a damn passport number), as well as the resistance to allow private hospitals to procure vaccines on their own seems to support the notion that what politicians say, and what they actually do, are two different things entirely.

It's just shocking to me and sad to contrast how well authorities handled the pandemic through 2020, compared to how they are handling the vaccine rollout now.  I hope things start changing for the better...soon! 

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

These requirements sound insane, considering that I already have a Thai driver's license, have a signed one year lease for my condo and can provide my landlord's blue book

I mean this is ludicrous!

• "A Thai guarantee by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of my passport",
  • "A guarantee certificate from embassy of birth certificate, translated by the Institute of Translate"
  • A Thai witness with ID Card and house Paper"

Jumping through hoops to get a YELLOW book so that I can apply for a PINK card (when I already have a superior form of government-issued photo ID in my Thai Driver's License.  This takes the definition of RED tape to a new whole new nonsensical level!

ALl of this just to get registered for a vaccination when I already have everything that proves my identity, my official address, and a one year signed lease.

The government should be everything possible to get everyone (Thai and non-Thai) vaccinated ASAP, NOT creating roadblocks to that happening!  I mean,  every person immunized is one less person that can spread the virus to the general population!

So... You can whinge about it or you can comply.

A driving licence does not carry your 13 Digit Thai ID number (unless you used a Yellow Tabien Baan as proof of address when applying for your Thai DL). 

The Thai DL is not a superior form of government ID (regardless of what you think), IF the Thai DL were superior thank the Yellow Tabien Baan (and Pink ID), then your Thai Driving Licence would be useful in this, and in Banks, and checking in for Flights and Hotels - but its not. 

So... are you angry because you decided you didn’t want to jump through the hoops (to get a yellow book) but now realise you should have ???  

That said: The system could easily be set up to accept passport numbers - there is no reason why not other than whoever set up the system (programmed it) was simply so ’Thaicentric’ they didn’t even consider what would happen for those who don’t have the 13 digit ID. 

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, it can be a bit of running around but not really as bad as it looks.

99% of getting a pink ID is the yellow book, getting the yellow book generates all the information (Thai ID nunber etc) that appears on the pink ID, the actual pink ID is a 5 minute printing of the ID after the yellow book. its all the same information from yellow book appears on Pink ID

You haven't read the requirements properly, its an MFA certified "translation" of passport (item 3) and possibly one of the other (item 4) documents like a birth cert, translated locally (there is an OR in-between the docs). 

The MFA certification of translation can usually be done by mail, local translation shop can arrange

Its basically so they have an official translation of your name (as different gov dept. can often translate it differently) so its the same across gov databases. (pink ID your name is in Thai)

And obtaining the Yellow Tabien Baan is relatively easy, IF you have an Amphur office which is compliant. 

It does take a little leg work, but its not difficult or hard, it just involves a trip to the Embassy then to a Ministry of Foreign affairs office for Translation and verification (not easy for some who live remotely either), but all perfect possible with some effort. 

Some people have reported resistance at an Amphur office, but legally the Amphur office has no choice but to comply. Certainly my local Amphur put up a few road blocks which we pushed through.

Utimately, processing the yellow Tabien Baan is a lot of work for the Amphur officer (I saw about 2 hrs of solid paper work), which must get tiresome and boring.... so the officer will make up excuses and reason not to do the work or ‘push the can down the road’.....  

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

A Thai DL (which I have) will not allow you to register on Mor Prom (as incredibly stupid as that sounds). 

That's what really annoys me about Mor Prom.  Up until this, having a Thai Driver's license meant there was absolutely no reason to have a Pink card (that I am aware of).  Now it is mandatory to register for vaccination!

IMHO, all that should be required to register as a foreigner on Mor Prom is a passport number and proof of visa, or a valid Thai drivers license...PERIOD.

The government should be doing everything possible to get as many people (including foreigners) vaccinated as quickly as possible since every person (Thai or foreigner) that's vaccinated, is one less person that can spread the virus to the general population. 

Instead, they put up this major roadblock to vaccinations by requiring a Pink Card which is proving to be a convoluted and complicated process if you are a renter. 

NOT SMART IMHO, considering the rising case counts lately!!!

If that is true then maybe that is their way of identifying what is truly an 'expat' The term expat in Thailand has always been, imo, a word used loosely. Many are simply drifters, hangers on, existing on 25k a month etc, not contributing anything towards society (except from buying large Leo's from the local mom n pop shop and 30 naht 'dishes' the local noodle stool) Not defending the Thai gov as I think they are clowns, but can understood why they may want to separate the wheat from the chaff rather than it being a free for all, and allowing any down and out tramp farang get free jabs? Just my 2 cents. And btw, I don't have a Pinkie.

33 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

If that is true then maybe that is their way of identifying what is truly an 'expat' The term expat in Thailand has always been, imo, a word used loosely. Many are simply drifters, hangers on, existing on 25k a month etc, not contributing anything towards society (except from buying large Leo's from the local mom n pop shop and 30 naht 'dishes' the local noodle stool) Not defending the Thai gov as I think they are clowns, but can understood why they may want to separate the wheat from the chaff rather than it being a free for all, and allowing any down and out tramp farang get free jabs? Just my 2 cents. And btw, I don't have a Pinkie.

How you define "expat" has nothing to do with it.  None of what you are saying makes any sense at all when you consider that every single person living here is capable of spreading the virus (regardless of whether they are a down and out tramp or living in a luxury property).

Vaccinations are not simply for the protection of the individual.  The real purpose of vaccinating individuals is to protect the population as a whole since every person vaccinated is one less person that can spread the virus.

It's selfish to view vaccinations as something you do to protect yourself.  It's not about you; it's about the population as a whole. 

13 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

How you define "expat" has nothing to do with it.  None of what you are saying makes any sense at all when you consider that every single person living here is capable of spreading the virus (regardless of whether they are a down and out tramp or living in a luxury property).

Vaccinations are not simply for the protection of the individual.  The real purpose of vaccinating individuals is to protect the population as a whole since every person vaccinated is one less person that can spread the virus.

It's selfish to view vaccinations as something you do to protect yourself.  It's not about you; it's about the population as a whole. 

And you completely missed the point. I'm surmising why they are asking for a pink ID card, get it? So tell me then why do think one needs a pink ID card to register for a vaccine?

And I'm fully aware what the purpose of a vaccine is, but thanks for the insight and your wisdom lol.

Edited by Johnny Mac

15 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

And you completely missed the point. I'm surmising why they are asking for a pink ID card, get it? So tell me then why do think one needs a pink ID card to register for a vaccine?

It is the 13 digit ID number on the pink ID card not just the fact that you have one.

The system was primarily set up for Thais who must have a ID number to get registered in a house book and to get a ID card. It is possible that whoever set up the site were not aware non Thais could have a ID number.

Having the ID card is not mandatory to get vaccinated or to get registered. There are other routes to get registered.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the 13 digit ID number on the pink ID card not just the fact that you have one.

The system was primarily set up for Thais who must have a ID number to get registered in a house book and to get a ID card. It is possible that whoever set up the site were not aware non Thais could have a ID number.

Having the ID card is not mandatory to get vaccinated or to get registered. There are other routes to get registered.

Ok. It did seem strange that expats needed a pink ID card to register, but since it was thought that may be the case I was simply surmising why that may be.

Anyhow, Was just reading that the gov are now saying that no expats can register for a vaccine, ID number or not, although that will no doubt change again soon. It's gonna be messy, but on a personal note I am in no hurry to get jabbed up.

For those of you seeking a Pink Card so you can sign up for vaccine registration on MorProm...Don't waste your time! 

The Government has confirmed that foreigners who had registered via the Mor Prom app or the LINE app will not be offered vaccination in the June or July roll out.  If you received confirmation with a date, it will not be honored.

Best bet for foreigners is just to wait for private hospitals to begin offering vaccinations, probably sometime in August.

Last week, Thailand’s Public Health Minister, Anutin Charnvirakul, finally made it clear that the ministry will assign the GPO (government Procurement Office) to import the vaccines for private companies (i.e.: private hospitals).

Private hospitals can already order (through the GPO) other vaccines, which have already been approved by the FDA, namely AstraZeneca, Sinovac and Johnson & Johnson.

There are 3 brands, Pfizer, Moderna and Sputnik V, STILL waiting FDA approval, even though most other countries around the world have approved them.  

Let's just see how long it takes for that to happen here in Thailand.  I mean, there IS progress, so I'm kind of optimistic.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I'm aware in Pattaya at least there actually isn't any other way for expats to manually sign up for a specific vaccine appointment at either public or private hospitals with the number or not. For now. Announcements are not the same as reality on the ground.

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

And I'm fully aware what the purpose of a vaccine is, but thanks for the insight and your wisdom lol.

No I think YOU missed the point I was making.  Fact is, I agree with your xenophobic explanation of why the pink card was required.  I am not saying YOU are xenophobic but the stipulation for a Pink Card was indeed designed to prevent most foreigners from using the MorProm app.

Consider this:  Initially the government said that foreigners could register using MorProm.  That is a FACT and it is corroborated by the wording of the statement that was later released by the government (see below). 

The reason for only allowing the use of a  Pink Card was to make it as difficult as possible for them to actually do so.

The offer to allow foreigners to use the MorProm app was simply intended to placate foreigners into a false sense of security and more importantly, to deflect from the botched vaccine rollout.  And it blew up in the government's face when so many foreigners were actually successful in registering

A few days ago, the government reversed their position completely, stating that  "...foreigners who had registered via the Mor Prom app or the LINE app would not be offered vaccination in the June or July roll out. ..."

Pretty simple to understand actually

37 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Afaik they never said this. Do you have a link to this statement?

In retrospect I retract that remark.  I now realize that most of what I'd heard about the MorProm app was unsubstantiated word-of mouth through this forum, and nothing that was actually from official sources like the daily CCSA briefings.  The fact that the app was only written in Thai should have been a clue I guess. ????

It's a good lesson that much of what you read in forums like this needs to be verified from official sources before accepting it as fact.

The only official comment I've heard relating to foreigners and the MorProm app is what all news media are reporting today which essentially is that the Government confirmed that foreigners who had registered via the Mor Prom app or the LINE app would not be offered vaccination in the June or July roll out.

This is despite claims to the contrary by many TVF members who were able to register through the MorProm app. and believe they will receive vaccines in June.  Apparently, they will not.

Edited by WaveHunter

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

This is despite claims to the contrary by many TVF members who were able to register through the MorProm app. and believe they will receive vaccines in June.  Apparently, they will not.

Lets see...  I reckon there will be further about turns, embarrassments, clumsy announcements and various government ministers and agencies contradicting each other.... 

Then we we have the issue that various hospitals never received the vaccinations in the first place and thus unable to administer any vaccines at all.

While in other area’s foreigners receive their vaccine, then in another foreigners will not be allowed to take have their vaccine.... and just like everything else the regulations and information will be unclear, independently acted upon and varied from hospital to hospital, amphur to amphur and province to province.... there will be no consistency whatsoever. 

The complete and total flookwittery has already started without outward contraction right off the bat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Lets see...  I reckon there will be further about turns, embarrassments, clumsy announcements and various government ministers and agencies contradicting each other.... 

Then we we have the issue that various hospitals never received the vaccinations in the first place and thus unable to administer any vaccines at all.

While in other area’s foreigners receive their vaccine, then in another foreigners will not be allowed to take have their vaccine.... and just like everything else the regulations and information will be unclear, independently acted upon and varied from hospital to hospital, amphur to amphur and province to province.... there will be no consistency whatsoever. 

The complete and total flookwittery has already started without outward contraction right off the bat. 

All of you doom & gloom people kill me.  Nobody is forcing you to live in a place you so obviously disapprove of.  For those people, I'm sorry to have to tell you but the utopian world you seek does not exist.  Perhaps it would be better to learn to live in the real world.

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

All of you doom & gloom people kill me.  Nobody is forcing you to live in a place you so obviously disapprove of.  For those people, I'm sorry to have to tell you but the utopian world you seek does not exist.  Perhaps it would be better to learn to live in the real world.

Good on you rose-tinter !!!.....  stay positive.... 

have you noticed the announcements yet?

- Foreigners will be vaccinated

- Foreigners will not be vaccinated

- Foreigners will be vaccinated free of charge

- App set up but only some foreigners (with pink ID) can register

- Foreigners will not be vaccinated until all Thai’s have been vaccinated

No one expects or perhaps even wants it be a utopia, but the back and forth already highlights an exceptional degree of discontinuity.

Having a an opinion on something is by no means a measure of ability to live in the real world.... perhaps you need to get with the real world to understand that !!! ????

Now... I’m sure you have only positive things to say of Thailands vaccination efforts, right?

Or are you one of these fools who thinks ‘we are guests here’ and thus have no right to criticise or carry any negative option of those running our host country?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

You mean we should not be living in the Center of the Universe, but that was where we wanted to reside and live out a Sanuk lifestyle while living out the Buddhist tenets.  Many you just busted my bubble and cracked the rock I was living under with my yellow house book and pink ID card.

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No one expects or perhaps even wants it be a utopia, but the back and forth already highlights an exceptional degree of discontinuity.

But these weren't announcements by the government.

Everything the government said was that they have vaccination plans for residents. They didn't specify who exactly residents refers to, and they also didn't make any announcement when it would happen.

This back and forth was purely made by foreigners themselves (thinking they could get a free vaccine if they register through the mor prom "app") and various news sources, who presented their misinterpretations and speculations as facts.

I often blame the government for their stupid actions, but in this case they are quite innocent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Good on you rose-tinter !!!.....  stay positive.... 

Having a an opinion on something is by no means a measure of ability to live in the real world.... perhaps you need to get with the real world to understand that !!! ????

Now... I’m sure you have only positive things to say of Thailands vaccination efforts, right?

Or are you one of these fools who thinks ‘we are guests here’ and thus have no right to criticise or carry any negative option of those running our host country?

To all of you bitter and unhappy people that can find nothing but negative things to say about being here in Thailand...nobody is forcing you to be in a country you so obviously disapprove of. 

Why do you live here anyway...just to complain and whine about how terrible a place this is?  Are you here only because it's cheap and you can't afford to live anywhere else?  That seems to be the case with many expats I hear making nasty remarks about how terrible things are here.

I live here because I love this place.  I love the different customs, the varying landscapes, the culture, and the people.  It excites me to be here every single day of the 3 years I've been fortunate to call Thailand my home.

There are negative aspects of life in Thailand for an expat for sure!  Some of them VERY difficult to deal with.  I don't deny that at all! 

There are MANY negative aspects that I have to deal with here and some have been real catastrophes for me BUT I accept that is just how things work anywhere in the REAL world, no matter where you hang your hat.

Whether you accept it or not, you are a guest here in the Kingdom.  If you live here, you should respect how things are done here and accept them, not just bitch about them like an immature child, as though you have some sort of god-given right to have things YOUR way in a foreign land.

If you don't like being here you should go elsewhere to find your magic utopia that in reality probably does not exist anywhere but in your fantasies. 

Edited by WaveHunter

37 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Everything the government said was that they have vaccination plans for residents. They didn't specify who exactly residents refers to, and they also didn't make any announcement when it would happen.

This back and forth was purely made by foreigners themselves (thinking they could get a free vaccine if they register through the mor prom "app") and various news sources, who presented their misinterpretations and speculations as facts.

I often blame the government for their stupid actions, but in this case they are quite innocent.

A perfectly valid response...   Perhaps it was a mistake that foreigners could register at all? an innocent oversight. 

That said - it would have been very simple to allow registration with a passport - risk groups and key workers aside, the idea that anyone gets a vaccine before another is outrageous. 

56 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I wouldn't call the government innocent in connection with many of blunders relating to the pandemic but I wouldn't fault them for it either.  They made mistakes and some had serious repercussions, but this is a "novel" virus we're dealing with, ya know?  There were no guidelines to refer to; it was all new territory. 

Judging by their actions I think most officials acted in the best interest of the public, and you really can not deny that during 2020, Thailand did things better than most nations of the world in controlling things effectively with minimal disruption to daily life.

In the case of the MorProm fiasco, I agree with what you said 100%.  The government made no official statements inferring that foreigners could register through it and expect to be in the June/July pool of vaccine recipients, and the very fact that the app was written only in Thai should have been a clue that it was intended only for Thai Nationals.

The misunderstanding was, as you say, entirely the result of foreigners drawing the conclusion that the app was intended for them as well.  Most of the misinformation appeared on this very forum  and some who were able to successfully register on the app are still posting that they believe they will be in the June/July pool of recipients.

It was plastered all over the news media today that The Government confirmed that foreigners who had registered via the Mor Prom app or the LINE app would not be offered vaccination in the June or July roll out.

It just goes to show that you really have to verify everything you read on an open forum like TVF.  I'm embarrassed to say I fell for this misinformation as well and posted several very critical posts about the MorProm fiasco before realizing I did not have the facts straight.

Edited by WaveHunter

13 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

To all of you bitter and unhappy people that can find nothing but negative things to say about being here in Thailand...nobody is forcing you to be in a country you so obviously disapprove of. 

Why do you live here anyway...just to complain and whine about how terrible a place this is?  Are you here only because it's cheap and you can't afford to live anywhere else?  That seems to be the case with many expats I hear making nasty remarks about how terrible things are here.

I live here because I love this place.  I love the different customs, the varying landscapes, the culture, and the people.  It excites me to be here every single day of the 3 years I've been fortunate to call Thailand my home.

There are negative aspects of life in Thailand for an expat.  Some of them VERY difficult to deal with.  I don't deny that at all! 

There are MANY negative aspects that I have to deal with here and some have been real catastrophes for me BUT I accept that is just how things work anywhere in the REAL world, no matter where you hang your hat.

Whether you accept it or not, you are a guest here in the Kingdom.  If you live here, you should respect how things are done here and accept them, not just bitch about them like an immature child, as though you have some sort of god-given right to have things YOUR way in a foreign land.

If you don't like being here you should go elsewhere to find your magic utopia that in reality doesn't exist anywhere except in your fantasies. 

"Nobody is forcing you to be here"

“We are guests in this country"

“If you don’t like it here you should go elsewhere”

Ladies and gentlemen, we have the trifecta !!!!   The holy trinity of ThaiVisa forum inane and unoriginal responses.....

..... awww.....  such a cliched response !!! 

I often wonder what these wonderfully innocent pure mind’s do when the hear Thai’s holding discussions on the same subjects with the same issues, complaints and criticisms of the way things are run....

----------

Wavehunter - Its not ok to walk around Thailand and complain to everyone we see about things, but no one is doing that. The discussion is taking place in a forum designed for that very purpose and its ok to see things for the way they are and discuss them in such a place. 

I also guarantee you....  Thai’s discuss and complain about the very same things we do. Opinions are overwhelmingly similar.....  So, if you don’t like something, its ok, the millions of Thai’s around you also don’t like that same thing, they’ll be discussing it on Panthip.com !

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A perfectly valid response...   Perhaps it was a mistake that foreigners could register at all? an innocent oversight. 

That said - it would have been very simple to allow registration with a passport - risk groups and key workers aside, the idea that anyone gets a vaccine before another is outrageous. 

I think the whole point that everyone keeps glossing over is that there is not enough of a vaccine supply right now to even meet the needs of all high risk groups in the Kingdom.  As a sovereign nation there is a responsibility to prioritize high risk Thai Nationals over non-Thai until more vaccines are available.  I know a lot of people disagree but that's the way it is.

The MorProm app was intended ONLY to help Thai Nationals in those high risk groups get vaccinated in the upcoming June / July pool. 

I don't see anything outrageous about that at all, considering the limited supply of vaccines currently available.  As they become more available, I am guessing that foreigners in high risk groups will be recognized.

Time will tell of course, but it only benefits the population as a whole if those people who are most likely to contract and spread the virus (regardless of nationality) are given priority to be vaccinated first once vaccines are more available.  I'm sure that Thai officials are smart enough to realize that.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

I think the whole point that everyone keeps glossing over is that there is not enough of a vaccine supply right now to meet the needs of Thai high risk groups and critical personnel.  The MorProm app was intended ONLY to help Thai Nationals in those priority groups get vaccinated in the upcoming June / July pool.  I don;t see anything outrageous about that at all, considering the limited supply of vaccines currently available.

Actually you just made that up. There may be an oversupply if that group doesn't book appointments in great volume. I don’t know whether that'll happen and neither do you so what about just being honest instead of making claims you can't back up.

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Actually you just made that up. There may be an oversupply if that group doesn't book appointments in great volume. I don’t know whether that'll happen and neither do you so what about just being honest instead of making claims you can't back up.

C'mon!  Maybe you misunderstand what I said but I'm not sure how you can say there is ample supply of vaccines currently in the supply chain to vaccinate ALL high risk people in a country with almost 70 million people?

I think that there are currently 27 million doses (with a small part in inventory and a major part of that on order).  That means perhaps enough vaccine for around 13.5 million people that can be vaccinated by during the June-July vaccination phase.

It may be true that I don't know exactly how many of total population would be considered "high risk" but I think it's safe to say that it is far more than will be able to be vaccinated during June / July phase.

Also, I have to say that it's a little harsh to accuse me of being dishonest!  I can make mistakes like anyone else (though I don't believe I have in this case) but "dishonesty" implies being intentionally misleading for self serving purposes, and so that is quite an insulting thing to accuse someone of!

Edited by WaveHunter