Pink ID

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

C'mon!  Maybe you misunderstand what I said but I'm not sure how you can say there is ample supply of vaccines currently in the supply chain to vaccinate ALL high risk people in a country with almost 70 million people?

It may be true that I don't know how many of total population would be considered "high risk" but I think it's safe to say that it is far more than will  be vaccinated during June / July phase.

Also, though not a big deal, that's a little harsh to accuse me of being dishonest!  You should choose your words more wisely because that is a very insulting thing to say to someone.

You made an assertion that neither you nor anyone else for that matter can possibly back up as true. 

The demand among high risk is the subset of that group that actually demand vaccines. That is completely unknowable. 

Also unknown is the volume of supply the government will actually have when the program starts on earnest. 

So it might indeed possibly be a crisis of undersupply or it may not.

Edited by Jingthing

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You made an assertion that neither you nor anyone else for that matter can possibly back up as true. 

The demand among high risk is the subset of that group that actually demand vaccines. That is completely unknowable. 

Also unknown is the volume of supply the government will actually have when the program starts on earnest. 

So it might indeed possibly be a crisis of undersupply or it may not.

The point is that prioritization has be occur NOW, not in two months from now.  That's what the MorProm app was intended to do...for Thai Nationals and not anyone else. 

As for your assertion that "high risk"  subset is unknowable, that is silly.  High risk has been defined as "over 60 years old", medical workers and others who will be in close contact with potential virus spreaders such as police, etc..., people with comorbidities such as diabetes, obesity, cardiac conditions, etc.

Prioritization occurs when it's expected that supply will NOT meet demand.  Thus...Thai Nationals most in need of the vaccine ONLY in the June-July phase.

The government made that crystal clear in news media today...or are you accusing me of being "dishonest" about that as well?

Edited by WaveHunter

12 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The point is that prioritization has be occur NOW.  That's what the MorProm app was intended to do...for Thai Nationals and not anyone else.  The government made very clear in news media today...or are you accusing me of being dishonest about that as well?

We've gotten conflicting announcements for days now.

No of course I'm not accusing you of making up the most recent announcement du jour.

How ridiculous to even say that.

Yes I agree they need a priority timing system.

They do but you think it's OK to kick high risk non Thais to the back of the bus and anyone with any concept of medical ethics knows that's just wrong. I'm sure the WHO would say it's wrong too.

You know on reflection I've decided that I'm not interested in this exchange any longer. In my view you're defending the indefensible and nothing I'm going to say is going to change your mind so I don't want to waste any more time on a debate black hole.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

We've gotten conflicting announcements for days now.

No of course I'm not accusing you of making up the most recent announcement du jour.

How ridiculous to even say that.

Yes I agree they need a priority timing system.

They do but you think it's OK to kick high risk non Thais to the back of the bus and anyone with any concept of medical ethics knows that's just wrong. I'm sure the WHO would say it's wrong too.

There are always conflicting announcements during crisis'...so what?

As for your assertion that "high risk"  subset is unknowable, that is silly.  High risk has been defined as "over 60 years old", medical workers and others who will be in close contact with potential virus spreaders such as police, etc..., people with comorbidities such as diabetes, obesity, cardiac conditions, etc.

As for the morality of prioritizing Thai Nationals over Non-Thai I agree that it seem immoral but in the real world when there is not enough vaccine to go around, it becomes a necessity.  Like it or not, that is how it is. 

The Thai government is not evil or immoral in limiting the initial rollout of vaccines only to Thai Nationals.  It is simply what a sovereign nation MUST do in the real world when demand exceeds supply.

You seem to think that demand will not exceed supply, but I guess the Government feels differently.  No offense to you but I'll defer to the government experts over your personal opinion.

Edited by WaveHunter

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

There are always conflicting announcements during crisis'...so what?

As for the morality of prioritizing Thai Nationals over Non-Thai I agree that it seem immoral but in the real world when there is not enough vaccine to go around, it becomes a necessity.  Like it or not, that is how it is. 

The Thai government is not evil or immoral in limiting the initial rollout of vaccines only to Thai Nationals.  It is simply what a sovereign nation MUST do in the real world when demand exceeds supply.

Last word to you as mentioned in my last post. Agree to disagree. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Last word to you as mentioned in my last post. Agree to disagree. 

Yes for sure, we can agree to disagree.  You seem to think that demand will not exceed supply, but I guess the Government feels differently.  No offense to you but I'll defer to the government experts view over your personal opinion.

As I said before, I don't think the Thai government is acting in an immoral or evil way towards foreigners.  As responsible officials of a sovereign nation, they have no choice but to prioritize their own citizens when demand exceeds supply.  If you live in the REAL world it may not be a pleasant fact to come to grips with, but it is a just one.

And with that I bid you a good evening...Good night ????

Edited by WaveHunter

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I would like to start the process of vaccination and thought that the pink ID card would be a good place to start. Without reading through the numerous threads on this subject, my understanding is a yellow house book is mandatory to get the pink card. However as I own the condo I stay in I have a blue house book not a yellow one. I haven't bothered to get my name put into the blue book yet but would be willing to start the process if it's possible as a foreigner.

So my question is : can I then use the blue book to get the pink ID card if it has my name in it ?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, rockinrobin said:

I haven't bothered to get my name put into the blue book yet but would be willing to start the process if it's possible as a foreigner.

You cannot be registered in a blue house book unless your are Thai or have permanent residency.

You can use the blue house book to get a yellow house book and be registered in it.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:27 PM, Susco said:

A pink ID is nothing more than a confirmation of your address. It caries the same number as your yellow tabien baan, and is actually the same in CC format, with that extra that it has your picture.

Benefits will depend on who you encounter, and will vary from place to place and person to person, but they should be the same as with a yellow tabien baan.

Not sure why the OP with PR status bothered with it, as his alien book will have more value than the pink card

perhaps some validtion and bragging rights. With an ego as well.