Brexit brinkmanship: EU orders UK to scrap plan for treaty breach, UK refuses

webfact

44 minutes ago, nauseus said:

And only you know why you are trying to put words in my mouth. Why not read what I said again. 

Can you give me a 'Yes' or 'No' answer to the question: Are you in favour of the UK government unilaterally breaking the Withdrawal Agreement? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry you don’t like the news report, your approval isn’t required.

Pelosi’s is.

Exactly, and as long as there is any possibility it might benefit the US she would be a fool to approve it before the election.

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

– What is the Bill actually proposing?

No new checks on goods moving from Northern Ireland to Great Britain to allow for “unfettered access” to the rest of the UK.

Powers for UK ministers to “disapply” rules relating to movement of goods in the absence of a trade deal, including any under the Northern Ireland Protocol of the Withdrawal Agreement.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-pm-brexit-bill-causing-105405934.html

Now I wonder what disapply means.

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Now I wonder what disapply means.

to make (a law or legal requirement ) not applicable or invalid

Something like Harry Potter & friends their magic sticks ….????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jonclark said:

You think? Without a trade deal the UK will probably have a far more diffcult ride than the EU. Most of the UKs food, medicine and raw materials are imported  (from the EU) and without a trade deal - (and at the moment the UK have a solitary trade deal with Japan i beleive) the cost of all imports will increase - which means higher consumer prices and also UK exports will dip as they too will become less competative. If a deal was never important, why spend so much time trying to get one. Do not beleive Boris's bluster - he is absolutly bricking it and praying that the EU blinks first...which I do not think for one moment they will.

Garbage.  UK stood at 73 billion deficit with EU,UK only has to stand still and its wiped.  The EU cannot  deal on WTO terms,likewise it is very welcome to UK.  Trading can be done without trade deals   period

EU will start blinking in about 2 weeks time..shoring up the barricades for riots over fishing,eire blockaded

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RayC said:

Can you give me a 'Yes' or 'No' answer to the question: Are you in favour of the UK government unilaterally breaking the Withdrawal Agreement? 

Yes   nothing to do with anyone else ,but the UK.  3 more months and its all over anyway

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Victornoir said:
Ouch, watch the pound falling.

From 1 GBP = € 1,12 at 4 Sept till 1,0824 today, 11 Sept. 

Just compare this with GBP 289 Billion export and 355 bill import... a 3.5 % over GBP 600 Bill = GBP 21 Bill evaporated... Nearly 3 x the annual UK contribution to the EU .

UK contr to EU, HoC Lib CBP 7886 of 24 June 2019, p 3 .jpg

• Like 2

Not sure how true this is "but Cummings has been seen driving around No10 on an e-scooter wearing a bobble hat , sunglasses, tartan trousers & a t shirt with "no deal" printed across it.

They're not getting any of fish, he shouts as he passes Boris in the corridor

Not a single bleeding mackerel! Boris yells back" ????????????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Our own EU enthusiasts seem to believe (that the UK should be ruled by the EU - my insertion), along with the conviction that the referendum and all the subsequent elections (four exercises in democracy, using various electoral methods, by my count) should be overturned, because they produced results which did not reflect their enlightened views. So yes, according to them.

So no. As a UK EU enthusiast I - and many others like me - believe that the UK should leave the EU in accordance with the referendum result. All I ask in return is that my government respects its obligations and abides by the rule of law. It appears that this is too much to ask of Johnson and his cronies.

Edited by RayC
Correction
  • Like 1