Pattaya: Mayor promises "Beauty, Order and Convenience" as Beach Road makeover takes shape

webfact

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The last series of improvements involved turning half of Beach Road into a parking lot, while cutting down most of the shade trees and replacing them with stunted palms. I'm not sure we need any more "improvements" from this fellow. <rolleyes>

And they narrowed our beach walking paths for to widening  the road besides it into a 4 lanes high way. And now they want more green ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, petermik said:

low_DSCF0077.jpg.9870bcaabb6990b54f3302afebd97b01.jpg.f3f1f8f41e59849e3ceaef840662d484.jpg

aah the good old days when there was plenty of shade/seating and grassed banking where thai families could eat together...apart from a little renovation it was a joy....now after spending millions of baht we are left with a soulless monstrosity...but low and behold another scheme to pour more money into someones "back pockets" once again....have these people no shame :unsure:

Aparrently, "Shame" is not in the Thai political or public servant lexicon. Nor are the concepts of altruism, honor, responsibility, humility or truthfullness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh great, another beach to be turned into a boring Costa del whatever. Who goes to Pattaya for "order"? The Chinese are welcome to it as I doubt I will want anything to do with it. Not that the beach itself was ever a draw for me.

• Like 1

Now if they can do something with that disaster that is Walking Street.  The idea of a walking street is good theyjust need to rethink what is there and upgrade the buildings to make it inviting to Thais and other asian people.

Like they said the idea of the mass influx of tourists is over

BTW just for comparison does anyone know what it is like on Tenerife

Edited by kingstonkid

Better idea in my opinion is to re think second road.,Absolutely no parking allowed, 2 way traffic it’s wide enough, traffic lights!! Real ones !!! Police duty !!! Beach road no parking allowed, no tour buses in town at all. A dedicated parking on each end of town . Dreams of less pollution.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Now if they can do something with that disaster that is Walking Street.  The idea of a walking street is good theyjust need to rethink what is there and upgrade the buildings to make it inviting to Thais and other asian people.

Yes bulldoze all the sea side (Built illegaly on the beach) of walking street

and restore the beach in is initial aspect.

Then do a ''walking street'' with beach road, with only one lane

available in the morning for the supply to the hotels and restaurants in the area.

Declare a moratorium on the new buildings constructions, the beach front area is already

full of enough cement, hotels, condos and shopping malls.

Create a public park or two (With a lot of trees and a small lake

like in every ''normal'' city in the world) with the large free plots of

lands in front of beach road, actually abandonned 

(I know at least 3 locations wich could be used for it)

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I agree if your making the beach bland do the same to any where that has a bit of interest. Banning all but the most dull bars should finish off tourism. Build a few more malls and large hotels and of course some underground toilets for people to paddle in. 

I fly 6000 to get away from Spain and it's not because I want to hear Thai instead of Spanish. 

The post Covid tourist allowed into Pattaya in 2022 after quarantining and producing a visa paper mountain will love this.

The underground toilets of course will be self flushing in the rainy season and squats for the ladyboys for the rest of the year

The ample parking can of course be built on sand on the reclaimed beach

And just when we step back to admire the work there will be a new mayor and it can all be redone for the benefit of his cronies contractor's companies

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Rid the area of all the annoying soi dogs. They are pests.

This is what I am thinking about ridiculous grumpy old men !

Luckily covid has started clearing the zone, hopefully they will never be allowed to come back !

Dogs have more rights to be here than them !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

BTW just for comparison does anyone know what it is like on Tenerife

For a family beach holiday - it's fine, more Phuket than Pattaya but without the scams. Good attractions like the Thai themed Siam water park. Pretty much what you would expect anywhere in Europe and of course mostly boring, predictable nightlife. A week is enough for me. Only been a couple of times so cannot  comment on what living there is like but probably a lot easier than Thailand if you can afford it. 

Also Spanish is a doddle to learn compared to Thai. 

Edited by chang1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Miss Pickle said:

I have been coming to Pattaya for over 30 years Beach Road has been worked on so many times over the years .They just never seem to get it right no matter what they do.It has been dug up loads of times.Lets hope this time they do it properly.

The question is, how can they be so idiot ?

And he mayor has been chosen by the prime minister, right ? so we can be sure that there is no corruption and that the money will all be used for the work done ?

????

8 minutes ago, samtab said:

The question is, how can they be so idiot ?

And he mayor has been chosen by the prime minister, right ? so we can be sure that there is no corruption and that the money will all be used for the work done ?

????

I think you answered it yourself by just putting no for the last question. 

Edited by chang1

Maybe this idiot should have thought about it the first go around?  how many times the road been work on? Whatever is done after the first rain storm back to the same old same old. How about putting in some benches for the ladies of the night, some short time booths, even better some garbage cans!

Don't just think about looks maybe do something about the smell which would require spending money on real items like sanitation services, waste management, water management these are called facilities so your citizen and tourist have some quality of life?  Another waste of 130 million!