Pattaya: Mayor promises "Beauty, Order and Convenience" as Beach Road makeover takes shape

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The last series of improvements involved turning half of Beach Road into a parking lot, while cutting down most of the shade trees and replacing them with stunted palms. I'm not sure we need any more "improvements" from this fellow. <rolleyes>

And they narrowed our beach walking paths for to widening  the road besides it into a 4 lanes high way. And now they want more green 🤢🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

aah the good old days when there was plenty of shade/seating and grassed banking where thai families could eat together...apart from a little renovation it was a joy....now after spending millions of

"greened"   then why do they keep cutting down the old large shade trees and replacing them with puny palm trees that have no root system to hold the soil together and offer very little shade  

Not sure this is what tourists want who frequent Pattaya?   More and more destinations are becoming soulless without any vibrancy and the feeling of being alive.     The word #orde

Posted Images

5 hours ago, petermik said:

low_DSCF0077.jpg.9870bcaabb6990b54f3302afebd97b01.jpg.f3f1f8f41e59849e3ceaef840662d484.jpg

aah the good old days when there was plenty of shade/seating and grassed banking where thai families could eat together...apart from a little renovation it was a joy....now after spending millions of baht we are left with a soulless monstrosity...but low and behold another scheme to pour more money into someones "back pockets" once again....have these people no shame :unsure:

Aparrently, "Shame" is not in the Thai political or public servant lexicon. Nor are the concepts of altruism, honor, responsibility, humility or truthfullness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, petermik said:

aah the good old days when there was plenty of shade/seating and grassed banking where thai families could eat together

Trust me, when you have a young baby or child you come to appreciate more the cool of a 7/11 every 100 feet

• Haha 1

Oh great, another beach to be turned into a boring Costa del whatever. Who goes to Pattaya for "order"? The Chinese are welcome to it as I doubt I will want anything to do with it. Not that the beach itself was ever a draw for me.

• Like 1

Now if they can do something with that disaster that is Walking Street.  The idea of a walking street is good theyjust need to rethink what is there and upgrade the buildings to make it inviting to Thais and other asian people.

Like they said the idea of the mass influx of tourists is over

BTW just for comparison does anyone know what it is like on Tenerife

Edited by kingstonkid
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Work on the new Beach Road is expected to start at the end of the year. 

So that is it then, no respite whatsoever purely because they cannot make the previous contractor clean up their mess. 

6 minutes ago, geisha said:

Good lord, underground toilets ? Is he mad? What’s wrong with above ground ones , 5 baht and cleaned regularly.

So is mine. Dunno about the toilets though.