Outrage! Motorcycle taxi rider on the sidewalk sounds his horn then ASSAULTS pedestrian for not getting out of the way

webfact

Outrage! Motorcycle taxi rider on the sidewalk sounds his horn then ASSAULTS pedestrian for not getting out of the way

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on a story going viral of a "win" or motorcycle taxi rider at the Lat Prao #87 rank in Bangkok who was filmed going along the sidewalk.

He sounded his horn to make pedestrians get out of his way and when a man in yellow didn't comply he was attacked, it was claimed. 

The footage that was posted to a victims of crime page caused outrage among netizens. 

A post called the win rider a "hoodlum".

Choke Chai police soon had the rider in custody at the station where he was pictured under a white sheet being interviewed by Pol Lt-Col Marut Kaewprasert. 

He was initially fined 2,000 baht for having a black or private road user licence plate. He should have a yellow one to be a motorcycle taxi rider.

He has not yet been charged with assault. 

The police are waiting for the man in yellow to come forward to show his injuries and make a report before they proceed with a prosecution in this matter. 

The taxi driver was not named. 

Thaivisa notes that the two and a half minute footage showed the taxi rider following the victim along the footpath and across the road after hurling a stream of expletives at him while his helmet rested on the footpath. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-11

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Don't rock the boat,mai pen rai!

Just a few galaxies away a sea cucumber was assaulted by an alien,deportation?

Who says the law is fair?

Win was only charged with having no taxi plate?What a bout a fine for riding on the sidewalk?I hope the victim will file for assault and hospital bills.

Just when will Thai people say'enough already?'

There is a glimmer of hope,

2000 baht is a steep  fine for an impoverished bike taxi. How much do you think he clears in a day? After he pays his expenses, what does he make? 300B profit at best? That's a couple days for the guy and might be the difference between eating and paying rent.  He may be hit with other  charges as well. this is just the start.  And here you see they got him on the technicality of his license plate.  Easier to convict.  He is Thai and cannot be asked to leave the country.

And then we have your angels who were tormenting sea animals for a photo-op. They were nicked on a technicality too.

If they had been sterling citizens and desirable members of the community, the issue  could have been managed. Instead they seem to have been caught with incorrect visas and a number of other issues. It is much easier to say that the Thais are mean and tough then it is to accept that your heroes were not the ideal  business operators for Thailand.  Thailand does not need foreigners like them. They bring nothing of economic value that cannot already found in the country.

• Confused 14
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, JusticeGB said:

Fined for having the wrong coloured shirt but not yet charged with Assault. Did I read that correctly?

Charged for having the wrong license plate when working as a taxi.

Edited by Mak25

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The outstanding problem is the lack of effective enforcement and minimal penalties when an issue is raised on social media (500 baht fine and a wai) does nothing more than reinforce and further enable the sense of entitlement of those with flagrant disregard for rule and courtesy towards others. 

These problems are not dealt with, far from it in fact, the consistent message is ‘do what you want, you’ll get away with it’... 

Is there a Thai word for "common courtesy?

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Settle down will you,my angels?My heroes?

Where did you get that from?

Having a bad day?

The divers were stupid by their own admission.

The taxi driver is just a thug,he knew what he was doing and was hoping to get away with it.

On top of not going by the rules he also assaulted some one.

Done talking to you if you can not see the difference.

He wasn't hoping to get away with it he didn't give that a second thought this type of action will be his normal, take him round the corner kick 6 buckets of cr@p out of him turn him upside down shake what he has  in his pockets  out then give his bike a going over, forget the police the karma treatment is instant and unforgettable

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He was initially fined 2,000 baht for having a black or private road user licence plate. He should have a yellow one to be a motorcycle taxi rider.

I realize this is a bit off topic, but why does the press always use the term "black plate" to refer to what is very clearly a white license plate? And it's not about the lettering either - the regular plate is white with black letters, and the taxi plate is yellow with black letters. Topic hijacking over, thank you for your time ????

4 hours ago, scammed said:

thats pretty hilarious if it wasnt so serious,

on rare occasions i do utilize the side walks but i wont ever be in the delusion i got right of way over a pedestrian

If you ride your motorbike on the sidewalk and you see a big handsome Farang, get off the sidewalk and on to the road quickly. :1zgarz5:

• Haha 1