Outrage! Motorcycle taxi rider on the sidewalk sounds his horn then ASSAULTS pedestrian for not getting out of the way

webfact

1 minute ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

when will they do something about a-wipe car drivers going true a red light while people are trying to cross in the 15 seconds they have ?   CCTV not possible ? 

even if thy havnt read up on right of way, most people still feel it instinctively that they havnt right of way over pedestrians,

this taxi driver is rather unique even with thai standards

in that regard

7 hours ago, jvs said:

Don't rock the boat,mai pen rai!

Just a few galaxies away a sea cucumber was assaulted by an alien,deportation?

Who says the law is fair?

Win was only charged with having no taxi plate?What a bout a fine for riding on the sidewalk?I hope the victim will file for assault and hospital bills.

Just when will Thai people say'enough already?'

There is a glimmer of hope,

hate to P*ss on your parade , but a top Podiatrist from America was run down and killed on the pavement outside his Bangkok hotel, about 8 years ago, just stepped outside to get the lay of the land?

there was an uproar then but it soon got back to ''normal''.  

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, seajae said:

they typically think everyone has to do as they want, I refuse to move aside for these idiots on bikes when I am walking in a walking area/footpath, they can use their horn as much as they like. Then you have the ones that ride through markets because they are too lazy to walk but again expect people to step aside for them and even then they still hit you with their handle bars but totally ignore you when they do, unfortunately the arrogance and laziness of the ones that do it is  something we are all aware of 

Arrogance - a perfect self description.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that's called  "Amazing Thailand" for a (more than one) reason  555

and for some  ... its part of the 'Thai charm' .... if you want 'law and order' ... Stay in the west ???? ...

Anybody 'old enough' on here to remember what it was like during the prohibition in US? ...  KC, Chicago .. NY ...   Police .. The government ... the mafia ... etc etc ...... I wonder how all that would compare to Thailand .. or some of the other countries in Central Asia ... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rvaviator said:
18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A quick, firm nudge on their handlebar should be enough to tip them off their bike.

Sounds like 'White Privileged' to me ....  ????

To me, it sounds like teaching an arrogant Me First idiot a lesson, which he might consider while picking up his bike.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Paiman said:

More and more people on the edge, not knowing how to get along with the dim future look ahead..

They are very adaptable, they can deal with military coups, martial law, state of emergencies and new constitutions every few years! Poverty is nothing new to many!

• Like 1

I remember 2 years ago a young female student was struck and killed by a win dork, his reply was ''she was at fault for not seeing him''......this scooter taxi arrogance will never change until we stop using them...PERIOD

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Really?????? You’ve turned a story about an absolute tool riding down the pavement and then assaulting someone into a bash against forgers for picking up a sea-cucumber ????  thats a bit ‘over apologist’ wouldn’t you think GK ?

Yes he was a tool and a lot worse. Keep in mind that as much as we dislike the driving on the sidewalk issue, it is a common practice here and is a "norm".  Without a complaint, the police cannot file an assault charge. They nailed the guy on a technicality and applied  a tough fine. 2000B for an impoverished driver is  painful. He may have to borrow from a loan shark.  The perSon i responded to was trying to compare a traffic code violation with an immigration law violation.  There may have been additional extenuating circumstances we are not aware of.

23 hours ago, jvs said:

Settle down will you,my angels?My heroes?

Where did you get that from?

Having a bad day?

The divers were stupid by their own admission.

The taxi driver is just a thug,he knew what he was doing and was hoping to get away with it.

On top of not going by the rules he also assaulted some one.

Done talking to you if you can not see the difference.

if we go back to the original post;

Win was only charged with having no taxi plate?What a bout a fine for riding on the sidewalk?I hope the victim will file for assault and hospital bills.

You have attempted to link an event in koh Phagnan to this event.  The two foreigners  are subject to deportation because they are alleged to have violated the immigration laws.  It is reported that they were on Tourist Visas, yet one promoted dives and the other ran a BBQ shop.  There are other  immigration issues also mentioned.  No one is being deported,  because a sea cucumber was assaulted. The two foreigners have not been charged under the Animal reserve or marine protection  laws.

You make the two  foreigners out to be   innocent people. After reading  some of the other alleged violations, I don't think so.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, jvs said:

That glimmer is in your eye, perhaps the sun reflecting off a  beer bottle. Sorry, but I don't trust your optimism. 

On 9/11/2020 at 12:00 PM, geriatrickid said:

2000 baht is a steep  fine for an impoverished bike taxi. How much do you think he clears in a day? After he pays his expenses, what does he make? 300B profit at best? That's a couple days for the guy and might be the difference between eating and paying rent.  He may be hit with other  charges as well. this is just the start.  And here you see they got him on the technicality of his license plate.  Easier to convict.  He is Thai and cannot be asked to leave the country.

And then we have your angels who were tormenting sea animals for a photo-op. They were nicked on a technicality too.

If they had been sterling citizens and desirable members of the community, the issue  could have been managed. Instead they seem to have been caught with incorrect visas and a number of other issues. It is much easier to say that the Thais are mean and tough then it is to accept that your heroes were not the ideal  business operators for Thailand.  Thailand does not need foreigners like them. They bring nothing of economic value that cannot already found in the country.

If this clown causes injury to a pedestrian, who will pay the bill.

Take his bike away from him and let him think about a line of work more suitable to his intelligence, shovelling <deleted> comes to mind

• Like 1

I had a British yob yell at me for being on the  "wrong side of the sidewalk", rudely informing me that this was Thailand, not the United States. That much was obvious. We don't drive motorbikes on the sidewalk in the  USA. I see it all the time here in Pattaya.

• Like 1