Amnesty Extension

5 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

It's a roll of the dice, Cabinet always leave their decisions/announcement to the last moment whilst Immigration tells everyone the sky is falling from the get go.

But at least previous months there were at least some rumors circulating even a month before the announcement. 

1 hour ago, STD Warehouse said:

I’m pretty sure they will extend the amnesty. 

they (gov not immigration) will make announcement on 21st or 22nd about extending the amnesty.

i have no proof of this, only my personal view.

I did ask about the possibility of another visa amnesty while waiting IO to finish my paperwork at MTT, do you know what they answered?

None of IOs know what happens after 26 Sept, the lady told me to wait the gov announcement on the last week of it but those who do not want to take risk, are welcome to extend their visas anytime.

So yes, 50-50 gambling on 1900 baht vs 0 baht.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hi,
Could anyone kindly confirm if it's possible to use an ONLINE QUEUE SYSTEM at the immigration office in Bangkok for 30 day tourist extension with embassy letter?
Or best to just show up there early?
Guessing not too many folks with embassy letters so there won't be much waiting as opposed to back in March when it was pure chaos
thanks

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This months rumours are .......

1) another Amnesty extension

2) Unlimited 3 month extensions for 1,900bht no questions asked, no conditions attached.

I'd be OK with either, just waiting to see what happens, if neither of those happen by the 20th it'll be 60 day extension for me.

But according to those who have already managed to get the extension at the IO, immigration officers require a lot of papers like before the amnesty, map of your home, pictures, letter from the owner etc, and also you will need two visits to your local office as they will not give fully 30 days extension at once. I think those rules are probably different depending on the Immigration office.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stranded81 said:

Could anyone kindly confirm if it's possible to use an ONLINE QUEUE SYSTEM at the immigration office in Bangkok for 30 day tourist extension with embassy letter?

A appointment is mandatory at Muang Thong Thani to apply for the extensions.

Link to do them. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A appointment is mandatory at Muang Thong Thani to apply for the extensions.

Link to do them. http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Ubonjoe - thank you very much for providing the link.

1. Wanted to confirm that one has to go this new location even if the original "under consideration" stamp was obtained at the main government complex building B back in March?

2. I assume I have to make separate appointments for each family member?

3. Can you please clarify which option should be selected (I assume it's APPLYING FOR SHORT TERM VISA AT COUNTER K ) or am I mistaken? (see attachment of drop down menu)540538515_ScreenShot2020-09-11at9_17_25PM.png.dda74b550dec680a680ec71ef6bd0ff2.png

4. In the event that I am unable to obtain an appointment for MONDAY/TUESDAY next week, I believe one can still go without an appointment to a different floor?

5. Our current address is in Hua Hin. Is that what I should fill on the visa extension form as well? Or should I amend with a bangkok address now?
(fyi - The immigration office in hua hin did not process our extension with embassy letter because they said we first had to go obtain the updated stamp in bangkok as that is where we originally received the "under consideration" stamp)

6. For the appointment, we will be carrying 2 copies each of. - passport pages / visa stamp pages / embassy letter / accommodation confirmation
is anything else required?

Thank you very much again.

Quick clarification - does one have to go to MUANG THONG THANI to get a new stamp to replace the "under consideration" stamp also in addition to applying for the extension with embassy letter?
Our "under consideration" stamp was valid till APRIL 20TH and we now have an embassy letter that will hopefully allow us to apply for a 30 day extension at MAUNG THONG THANI.

1. So can we go directly to MTT to get the new stamp (to replace the under consideration stamp) + 30 day extension stamp with embassy letter?
or
2. Go the government complex first where we obtained the "under consideration" stamp, have that updated and then go to MTT for the extension with the embassy letter?

Thank you

8 hours ago, stranded81 said:

Quick clarification - does one have to go to MUANG THONG THANI to get a new stamp to replace the "under consideration" stamp also in addition to applying for the extension with embassy letter?
Our "under consideration" stamp was valid till APRIL 20TH and we now have an embassy letter that will hopefully allow us to apply for a 30 day extension at MAUNG THONG THANI.

1. So can we go directly to MTT to get the new stamp (to replace the under consideration stamp) + 30 day extension stamp with embassy letter?
or
2. Go the government complex first where we obtained the "under consideration" stamp, have that updated and then go to MTT for the extension with the embassy letter?

Thank you

Why oh why did you wait so long to close out your under consideration stamp when the immigration offices have been empty for months.... I believe the normal procedure for updating the "under consideration" stamp is to go to the original location where you initially obtained the stamp. But since so much time has passed, I'm not entirely sure. You may even be able to by-pass this process and just apply for the 30 day extension in Bangkok directly. Perhaps you can try calling the immigration hotline? If you can't get a definitive answer I would probably just go to the original complex first just to be safe. ????

Edited by Benitostacos

10 hours ago, stranded81 said:

1. Wanted to confirm that one has to go this new location even if the original "under consideration" stamp was obtained at the main government complex building B back in March?

You have to go to the new location.

2. I assume I have to make separate appointments for each family member?

Yes

3. Can you please clarify which option should be selected (I assume it's APPLYING FOR SHORT TERM VISA AT COUNTER K ) or am I mistaken? (see attachment of drop down menu)

I would select this one. image.png.c3883a035c0ae97c050c120eae82a7a6.png

4. In the event that I am unable to obtain an appointment for MONDAY/TUESDAY next week, I believe one can still go without an appointment to a different floor?

You need an appointment for every thing other than 90 day reporting. I think you will be able to get the appointment.

5. Our current address is in Hua Hin. Is that what I should fill on the visa extension form as well? Or should I amend with a bangkok address now?

You would have to have Bangkok address to apply for an extension there. You could put a Bangkok address on it but they may want a TM30 for to change your address to Bangkok. It might be best to apply for the extension in Hua HIn.

6. For the appointment, we will be carrying 2 copies each of. - passport pages / visa stamp pages / embassy letter / accommodation confirmation
is anything else required?

That should be enough.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Benitostacos said:

I believe the normal procedure for updating the "under consideration" stamp is to go to the original location where you initially obtained the stamp.

The original location was CW in Bangkok. At this time they do not do anything related to short stay extension. Everything is now done at the temporary office a MTT.

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. It is only the last day to apply for non immigrant visas at immigration that requires 15 days remaining on a person's permit to stay.

Extensions of stay can be done up to the last day of permit to stay if person wants to do it that close.

Great. I am under the amnesty, previously on a Non O multiple entry. Wanted to change my visa to a Non B since I have a valid WP. Went to immigration last Tuesday and was told to come back with a "staff" from my center.  My manager is only available this coming Monday (14th), so we plan on going Monday morning. Does this mean i missed changing my Non immigrant status by a day?

15 minutes ago, mizzi39 said:

Does this mean i missed changing my Non immigrant status by a day?

No

You cannot change you non immigrant visa status without leaving the country to apply for a new visa. You will be applying for a one year extension of stay based upon working.