Amnesty Extension

3 hours ago, Bart1979 said:

So I'm trying to schedule appointment at MTT immigration, but can't really figure it out, which option should i choose for 60 days NON-IMM O visa type from the following list on the website:

255818195_ScreenShot2020-09-14at21_46_27.png.cbebf02c2592bc30d205b4f3e8d4fbc4.png

Any suggestions anyone ?

Indeed. Very confusing which category must click on.

I'm trying to schedule an appointment at MTT to apply for a one-year extension based on marriage (got 400K in the bank, seasoned for more than two months).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chippendale said:

I'm trying to schedule an appointment at MTT to apply for a one-year extension based on marriage (got 400K in the bank, seasoned for more than two months).

You don't need to go to MTT, when applying for the 1-year extension of stay, that still has to be done at CW.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2020 at 10:18 PM, poloshirt said:

yeah, me too, I gather there will be huge crowd because of this short amount of time for everyone to get out.

If I am going by train is the land border open?

Well it has been, what 5 months?

I do not believe land borders are open.

6 hours ago, chippendale said:

An application for a 60 day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependent child, is considered a short-term extension.

So that should be done at counter K.

Note: As usual Immigration uses incorrect terminology and refers to it as a Short Term Visa

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chippendale said:

You have to apply at Chaeng Wattana immigration and their are no appointments for extensions based upon marriage there. You just show up get a queue number and apply.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

An application for a 60 day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependent child, is considered a short-term extension.

So that should be done at counter K.

Note: As usual Immigration uses incorrect terminology and refers to it as a Short Term Visa

Thanks Peter, I will go with this one

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peter0106 said:

Morning.  Does anyone know once you have the 30 day extension stamp, if there anyway to change this to a non-imm B visa?  In other words is this 30 day stamp, treated like a tourist 30 day stamp?  Thanks!

It should be accepted if your original entry to the country was a visa exempt or a tourist visa entry. I suggest you check with your local office about it.

You would need to do the application at least 15 day before the 30 days ends.

2 minutes ago, ronwel said:

Morning everyone.
Hoping for some help here.
My NON-O multi based on marriage expired in June. To get a 60 day extension can I go to my local Pathum Thani immigration or do I have to go to MTT.

Thanks

You have to go to the immigration at the province where your wife is registered, and she has to go with you. 

Just now, Keyser Soze666 said:

You have to go to the immigration at the province where your wife is registered, and she has to go with you. 

Ok thank you.
She is indeed registered in Pathum Thani and we have done a 60 day extension there before, last year when my previous visa expired (same type). So all should be in order.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

@ronwel > He needs to apply at the IO of the province where HE has his official residence for Immigration purposes.  If he is staying at the house of his wife, or is renting a place together with her, that will be both his and her place.

Edited by Peter Denis

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

@ronwel > He needs to apply at the IO of the province where HE has his official residence for Immigration purposes.  If he is staying at the house of his wife, or is renting a place together with her, that will be both his and her place.

Official residence? I have never had official residence. Sure, they may have an address for me on their pc, but when I have ever gone for this 60 day ext it has ALWAYS been about the wife's status, never about me. 

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Official residence? I have never had official residence. Sure, they may have an address for me on their pc, but when I have ever gone for this 60 day ext it has ALWAYS been about the wife's status, never about me. 

@ubonjoe > Interesting question > When you rent a condo and are living there with your Thai wife, would you need to do the application for the 60-day extension of stay at the place where SHE is officially registered?

According to the requirements for such 60-day extension of stay application (attached below) I would say that is not the case.  But I stand to be corrected.

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

33 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Interesting question > When you rent a condo and are living there with your Thai wife, would you need to do the application for the 60-day extension of stay at the place where SHE is officially registered?

No

The applicant needs to prove their address unless the spouses house book registry is for where they are living.

37 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

Only the Kor Ror 3 marriage certificate is a mandatory. But some offices also want the a recent Kor Ror 2 to prove they are still married.

There is no fixed number of days old that the Kor Ror 2 can be. That can vary from 30 days to the day before dependent upon the office.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Interesting question > When you rent a condo and are living there with your Thai wife, would you need to do the application for the 60-day extension of stay at the place where SHE is officially registered?

No

The applicant needs to prove their address unless the spouses house book registry is for where they are living.

When my friend went to CW earlier this year to request a 60 day "visit Thai wife" extension, they wouldn't process it because his wife's ID card still showed her old Nonthaburi address (they did give him a regular 30 day extension instead). I wasn't 100% clear as to whether Immigration would have accepted the deed for their Bangkok condo instead, or whether they were absolutely insistent on the wife's "official" address.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

It looks like the appointment slots for Muang Thong Thani have all been filled since this last week. Do they accept walk ins ?

I believe MTT has people who check your booking confirmation/email at the time of your appointment, but if it's completely full you should be able to explain the situation there..

• Confused 1

Just now, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

MTT appointments are filled.  I saw a few posts on Facebook with people saying they can't get a slot.  Well, we knew it would be a madhouse this week there.  Fun!  Can't wait to go.  

Guessing you have your appointment slot.

21 minutes ago, JacksSmirkingRevenge said:

MTT appointments are filled.  I saw a few posts on Facebook with people saying they can't get a slot.  Well, we knew it would be a madhouse this week there.  Fun!  Can't wait to go.  

How about a night shift?  What are all those immigration officers that used to handle 40 million visitors a year at the airports doing?

• Haha 2

Went to MTT last week with Appointment + Embassy letter.
Received an updated "under consideration" stamp till OCT 5TH.
Have been instructed  to return again then to get an additional stamp allowing stay till OCT 25th (1 month post amnesty ending)
Tried to make an appointment again just now for OCT 5th
However, the system calendar doesn't allow any appointments for October at the moment (one can't click over to October month) 
Does anyone know about a work around / what one should do in this situation - aside from waiting till October 1st to make another appointment? Or is an appointment not required considering I have received the extension permission beyond amnesty but "technically" have to go get a new stamp.
Thank You

8 hours ago, stranded81 said:

Does anyone know about a work around / what one should do in this situation - aside from waiting till October 1st to make another appointment? Or is an appointment not required considering I have received the extension permission beyond amnesty but "technically" have to go get a new stamp.

Not sure but I would think an appointment would not be needed since you are not applying for an extension.

They just have to check for the approval and do your extension stamp.

The October 5th date is just the estimated date your application can be completed by. It can be earlier or later. The stamp allows you to stay until if is approved. You could even go earlier or a day or so late and it would not be a problem.

• Like 1